tuscl

Girls, Girls, Girls and other uptime songs

Many of the SCs in OH play the song "Girls, Girls, Girls" when they are promoting their 2fer1 uptime specials. I was wondering how long this song has been the uptime song at Scs? Also this song was released in the late 80s so I was wondering if there were any other popular strip club songs they played before this Motley Crue hit.

14 comments

• stripclubspy
    15 years ago
    Buckcherry's "She's a crazy bitch" has been popular since coming out a few years ago ("when I dream, I'm doin' you all night...")

Katy Perry, "I kissed a girl"

Kid Rock's "I'm a lowlife living the high life" ("I take strippers out to breakfast you can add that to my checklist")

and finally "Rock Star" by Nickelback:

[CHORUS]
    'Cause we all just wanna be big rockstars
    Livin' in hilltop houses driving fifteen cars
    The girls come easy and the drugs come cheap
    We'll all stay skinny cause we just won't eat
    And we'll hang out in the coolest bars
    In the VIP with the movie stars
    Every good gold digger's
    Gonna wind up there
    Every Playboy bunny
    with her bleach blonde hair
    and well..
    Hey hey I wanna be a rockstar
    Hey hey I wanna be a rockstar
  • DoctorDarby
    15 years ago
    Yep. I had a brain fart on that one. It is a great stripper song in any form.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Sam, my only observation is it's been awhile since I've heard Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar on Me" in a club. I wonder why?
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    CQWERTY asked it's been awhile since I've heard Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar on Me" in a club. I wonder why?

Dudester answers: I've been going to SC's for thirty years now. Although there have been gaps, I've noticed most club dj's play what's currently a hit, what's trendy. "Pour Some Sugar on Me", although perfect for a strip club, isn't about SC's.

"Girls Girls, Girls" became a SC staple the second it came out. I actually haven't heard it in a SC in a while, unless the SC is running a special event. "Girls Girls, Girls" is only the second song, written exclusively about SC's to become a HUGE hit, with the other song being, the instrumental "The Stripper" (1960), which was still a SC staple into the early 1980's.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    "I wanna see your pussy" by Lords of Acid used to be the standard pre 2 fer at my favorite club.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    It's been forever since I heard "Girls, Girls, Girls" in a strip club. And I don't remember in the context of a promotion. "Pour Some Sugar on Me", on the other hand, I hear all the time, at least at my #2 club. One of the girls, who normally only dances to Bon Jovi songs, will do that one. "The Stripper" is a song (or more accurately, an instrumental) I've heard at one of the clubs I've visited in Kansas as their closing time song, although I don't remember which club.
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    "Pussy Control" by Prince, the artist formerly known as the Artist Formerly Known as Prince, appears to be popular.

I always thought that "Shakin'" by Eddie Money shouod have been more popular.
  • how
    15 years ago
    This one was post-"GGG": "The Lapdance is Better when the Stripper is Crying," by Bloodhound Gang.

(Kidding, of course.)

Or, "I'm in Love (wit a Stripper)"
  • 4oureyes
    15 years ago
    I don't know how big a hit this was, and it's been a few years, but Bob Seger's "Down on Main Street" had a strip club subject.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Jock Jams - Let's Get Ready to Rumble for 2-4-1's
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Thank you, Dudester.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    There's "Nick the Stripper" by the Birthday Party, who broke up in the early 80s. It was on their 'Hits' album, so it must have been a hit. Never heard it in a strip club, and I wouldn't ever expect to, although I've heard solo Nick Cave songs a few times.
  • DoctorDarby
    15 years ago
    Bob Seger's "Love to watch her strut" was a fixture in the early 80s bikini bars in NE Ohio. Prince's "Little Nicky" from the Purple Rain album was almost perfect for strippers except for the bizarre extended ending that was on the juke box versions back in the day.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    DoctorDarby-
    Surely you mean Darling Nikki? I hear that song all the time, both the Prince and Foo Fighters version.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion