tuscl

Ever give dancers performance advice?

potheadpl
Florida
Sunday, August 30, 2009 4:54 PM
I was at the club on Friday and this newbie 19 year old dancer sat with me. Cute but WAY too chubby for this club. Not fat but I'd say 5'2" 140# in a club filled with tiny fit girls and hot augmented career dancers. She kept complaining to me that she wasn't getting any dances or tips on stage. I know what the problem is. She's not unattractive, but is overshadowed by the other dancers. If she wants to make any money w/o doing extras, she's going to need to drop some weight OR move to a lower-end club down the road. I didn't tell her anything. Tipped her a buck. But I wonder if she understands why she's not successful. I would like to have told her but I'm smart enough to know you NEVER EVER EVER criticize a girl's weight.

21 comments

• potheadpl
    15 years ago
    I suppose I could have writted "Appearance advice" but that's not all there is to it. She was just kind of a nothing dancer. No fire, no charisma, no stage presence. If she was cuter she could get by, but chubby, emo, pale, and boring don't work.
  • harrydave
    15 years ago
    Very rarely have I given advice, despite my natural inclination to act like "Mr. Know-it-all", and seeing plenty of girls who could use some advice. My sense is the girls don't welcome advice; they believe the customers can't possibly see things from the dancers' perspective. There's some truth in that. I did spend about 30 minutes giving very basic advice to a new girl in a Columbus OH club once. She was cute, and seemed to be willing to bend the rules; she just didn't know how to give a lap dance.
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    I would back off giving them any advice. They resent advice from customers. However, there is a difference between giving advice and telling a provider how you want it.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    Sprobably best to just do the best to enjoy what you have before you, and not give any advice or suggestions. i have been tempted many times, but i think it destroys the customer-provider relationship. you are converting to a coach or mentor. even if she ASKS for advice, it is hard to be a customer and a coach at the same time. especially in the erotic area. a better idea MIGHT be to seek out the appropriate manager and offer HIM/HER some friendly advice about the provider. even that is problematical.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I give advice indirectly. Once I develop a rapport, I talk about how I prefer my dances. Usually the dancer will accommodate. This works well on newbies. Seasoned dancers either have already developed the skills or never will.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Yes. The one that really stands out was about 3 years ago at my favorite club. She had just gotten off the stage after two very energetic dances. We went to the lap dance room for an announced 2 for 1. She was so dripping wet that she was sliding around on me like melted butter. My pants were soaked. I told her that in the future, she needed to go to the dressing room. Towel off and cool down before giving any LDs. She apologized. I saw her a month later and she apologized again. Gave me some very good dances. Generally I avoid confrontations with strippers. If I don't like it, I just avoid her.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Hmmm . . . seems like the dancers that I know LOVE advice or at least pretend to. Seen too many blubber butts rake in the cash to tell a woman she'd make more money losing weight. Unfortunately, imo, personality trumps all when it comes to making money as a dancer.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Strippers pretend to love advice, it's a way to get your interest.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I did give one advice once, I told her not to squeeze my dick like it was a stress ball and to use long continuous strokes up and down the shaft works alot better.
  • mmdv26
    15 years ago
    jablake you are right! Was in my fav club one night. Usually go day - don't know night girls. Sitting around watching the scene when a short fat girl (5'-2"/200) comes over and sits down. It's OK with me, I'm in a laid-back mood. I'll talk to anybody that night. Not long before I realize she has a great personality. Witty, congenial, intelligent. After a while she asks if I want a dance. I usually would have passed, but out of pure kindness - the mood I was in - I agreed to "just one dance". She snuggled right into my lap, and had way of distributing her weight so it wasn't uncomfortable for me. Before the end of the first dance she made sure that I had discovered her surprisingly wet little kitty buried somewhere in all that person. Well, I couldn't say no to a second dance, and the mileage continued to increase. A BBBJ during the third song finished me off and we settled up with a nice tip. She said, "I'll bet you didn't expect that did you?" I said I thought she would be enjoyable, but, no, I hadn't expected that. I told her she was very nice and lots of "fun", and maybe I would see her again sometime. She said probably not because she had heard that she was going to get fired by the new manager for being too fat. I told her she had great personality, and she would likely do better in another field. She told me that was bad advice, because she really liked dancing, and I should have recognized that and encouraged her to lose weight and keep dancing. Well, maybe she wasn't so smart afterall. She did get fired. Probably for the right reason. But, if all dancers had her attitude SC'ing would be a whole lot more fun - even without the BJ.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I have known strippers to ask for my opinion or advice. I have thought of it as a sales technique and trying to foster friendship in order for me to spend more money on them.
  • potheadpl
    15 years ago
    I thought personality trumped all, too, but not in this club. The girl is surrounded by women who are vastly more attractive. I doubt I see her this weekend.
  • Dain
    15 years ago
    I've given advice only indirectly, usually to newbies. But when I used to go to singles dance clubs, I gave advice all the time. I was amazed at how many girls knew nothing about how to attract a guy.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Only a few times. They were all newbies. At my favorite club, they are known for having the stage dancer do mini lap dances for a buck, like Miss Kitty's in Washington Park. Some girls just need to be told that in order to make money there, you have to do that. Nothing says that louder there than the time one of my old favorites, who came back to dancing with a weight problem (She had to be well over 200#) made oodles of cash with a massive stage presence. People want girls who are a good time, not girls who look bored.
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    I only give advice in a roundabout way by suggesting particular music. I try not to sound like I am complaining about the HipHop/HeadBanging/EmoBullshit, but, instead, suggest tunes to which she should dance. I once advised a breathtakingly beautiful dancer named Rumor to look around the room and pay attention to all the old guys. She asked what her next three-song set should be. I went to the DJ, tipped him a 10 and took care of it for her. She danced to "Livin' on Tulsa Time," stripped to "Cocaine," and made a zillion one-dollar tips by finishing with "Layla." Guys were literally standing two-deep at the stage. She thanked me profusely afterward.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    I'm rarely with a new dancer, but a couple time recently that's just what happened and they were both very interested in feedback. So I told them to be less tentative in their private dancing and more hands on because that's what custyomers want. They both understood. I've neverr had a veteran ask for advice. Now I don't push advice, but this those cases where newbies do ask, here's what I tell al the same thing: 1. Always wear your garter high, too low sends the wrong message. 2. Don't just move on stage, flirt, make eye contact. 3. At the bar or a table, be flirtatios with a customer rather than just ask for a dance up front. 4. If you're worried about guys touching you, you're in the wrong business. 5. Watch the successful dancers and learn from them. 6. When selling private dances, don't promise what you can't deliver.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    If they ask, I answer honestly. One time, I saw a dancer in Key West that I knew back home. She had this thigh High pair of boots that must have been 10 years old. All filthy, and nasty looking. God knows how they must smell. Anyway, when she stopped by to say hello, I asked if she was down in Key West to find some new boots. She answered as I expected, "Why?" I then told her to loose those she had and get new ones! She laughed it off. Some time later another dancer told me she wore them because she had some nasty burn scars on her legs. She never took them off while working.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    Usually the only time I think about offering advice or a tip is when a dancer I did not go to tip on stage comes by and asks for a dance and when I say no, she asks for a tip. There have been a few times when I thought about saying a few words as the tip but I must be in a generally good mood a lot of the time because usually I'm just ready to give them a dollar and get rid of them.
  • magicrat
    15 years ago
    A followup comment to BaddJack above--I was in a fairly lame club one night and this nice looking dancer did 3 dances to slow Phil Collins songs. I tipped her at the stage and told her she needed different music. Her reply was that she made twice as much as any other dancer in there, so she thought her music was just fine. I couldn't argue with that, but she only got $1 from me.
  • stripclubspy
    15 years ago
    A 19 yr-old, nearly flat-chested newbie told me she was thinking about getting her boobs done, because she felt self-conscious up on stage with the other girls. She was about 6' tall, even without heels. I told her she was very beautiful, sexy and elegant just the way she was, and that for every guy who likes big fake boobs (myself included) there's one who thinks they look awful. Plus, the surgeon can always screw up! That made her happy, and she kissed so sweetly in the vip that i just about proposed on the spot. great GFE.
  • pop
    15 years ago
    I always tell the brand new girls that when a guy gets more than 2 dances it includes a blowjob. It worked one time.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion