tuscl

What do you drink (non-alcoholic)?

striving
Colorado
Sooner or later everyone goes to a club that doesn't server alcohol... and in some states alcohol serving clubs are quite hard to find (and are usually low mileage).

To me water is much better than coke and its derivatives (no, not the price - they are both $5). But... it is lame - going to a bar and having a water... :(
so I am wondering what do you guys order?

(actually I just realized O'Doul's might not be so bad.)

23 comments

• wallanon
    15 years ago
    One time I was in an upstate NY club (the name escapes me, pre-TUSCL days) and was offered a "virgin" screwdriver. Made the mistake of asking what was in it. Went something like this:

ANW: Virgin? What's in it?
    BAR: Orange juice.
    ANW: And?
    BAR: Just orange juice.
    ANW: Fine, pour me a $5 OJ.

Lousy club. First time I ever ran into a lap hanky. Made of leather, no less, but the chick was full nude on the lap and hot so it wasn't a total loss. I'll occasionally ask for a virgin screwdriver just for giggles. If I want to keep it simple it's a Coke. Caffeine is good. When I hit detox time, then it's water.
  • Dougster
    15 years ago
    I never drink in a strip club. Won't trust myself to keep spending to a reasonable rate.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    My #3 club is a juice bar and whenever I'm there, I usually get a Sprite. I drink too much caffeine as it is, so I don't get Coke. Sometimes, I'll be at a BYOB place and they usually have vending machines, and I'll get a water if I don't have beer with me, or more accurately, run out, in part because the dancers take mine.
  • imnumnutz
    15 years ago
    I usually get a club soda with lime...

related: the best non-alcoholic beer is Labatt's, followed by Molson's XL. rarely available in clubs, but you might find it in some midwest bars and retail outlets...
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Only happened once. I had a Cutter.
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    My usual is Crown and water. I guess I could order a virgin Crown and water.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    most of the clubs around here in Col, OH that don't serve alcohol will let you BYOB and are located near stores that sell booze.
    I also like to order diet coke or red bull for the caffeine/energy. Diet coke prices for me have ranged from $3.25 up to $6. Red bull is a bit more expensive but that stuff is also expensive to buy in grocery stores. I think strip clubs are overpriced but have you guys been to an amusement park? I was in Cincinnati King's Island and saw diet coke prices of $3.75 at vending machines so it is just a little cheaper than SCs.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    virgin whiskey tonic anyone? (extra tonic with the tonic)
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    My choices are usually diet coke or water after a couple of beers. I do not visit non alcoholic clubs.
  • yndy
    15 years ago
    Sprite and NA beer. Its become a tradition between my fav and me/I to share an O'Doull's (sp?) during our dances.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    It depends on my mood, but it's usually a Coke or a bottle of water. The dancers usually ask why I'm drinking something non-alcoholic, and I just say that I have a bit of a drive to make when I leave the club. For me, a water bottle is easier to carry around a club than a drink. It's a rarity that I drink alcohol, in or out of a club, though.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I don't understand this bottled water thing. Whats wrong with tap? When I go to a restaurant and ask for water, I expect it to be tap with maybe a slice of lemon. And now they have added all kinds of flavors. Are people worried about what might be in tap water? $3.50 is a bit pricy for water. But not many options in a non alcoholic club.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Enjoy the range of N.A. beers. Some taste like the real thing.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    NA beers are for those that just like to piss.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    When I'm dying of thirst and of course no water fountain is ever available in a strip club, I order some bottled water if I'm not planning on leaving in a few minutes.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    Even if there was a water fountain in a strip club, would you drink out of it? I can't think of one I've seen that wasn't decorative, but somewhere there's probably a converted store or office that has one.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Most times when I get water, I get a glass of water with my drink. The bartender/waitress does not charge me for the water. I usually get my drinks myself from the same bartender, familiarity has its benefits.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    shadowcat, just wondering what would you do in a club that told you they do not just give out glasses of water but you can buy a bottle water? (cost: $5.75 not joking!) I have had this happen to me before and I just declined wanting anything to drink and left to go to another club. This happened in a SC that had a kitchen and the waitress has worked there for years. I have ordered ice water there before and other SCs, tipped a $1 for the service. What should I do or say if this happens again?
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    sam, the last time I was in a juice bar has to be at least 10 years ago. That club is no longer in business. If I really wanted a water and was told that they only had bottled water at $5.75 and if I was really having a good time, I would probably pay it but probably would not be back any time soon. At my favorite club, I would just have one of my favorite dancers go to the bar and get me one. They get plastic cups of ice water for free. Plus a $1.00 tip.
  • Scoops
    15 years ago
    I plan ahead. I bring an airline bottle (OK, maybe more than one) of bourbon, order a ginger ale, mix the two when no one is looking (or in the John) and I'm good to go.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    "Food? In the bathroom?"
  • Lil_Baller100
    3 years ago
    Grape soda
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    Water or sprite. Ginger ale if they have it.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion