tuscl

Competition between Dancers

judyjudy
Michigan
Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:17 PM
Last night while relaxing I was informed of a amature contest at a upscale SC in Detroit. I was invited to participate in this and reluctantly agreed. My apprehension to go to this was simply because this was a upper end club and I did not feel I am the quality of girl they are looking for nor do I have the experience to compete with these young hard bodies. After arriving at the club and signing in I sat down and had a drink or 2 which I bought by the way. I was the 12th girl in line to go on stage and was asked to do some LD'S which I certainly agreed to.after doing about 2 hours worth of LD'S I went to the dressing room to prepare for my turn on stage and was attacked by a couple of these young hard body dancers.(bitches) They accused me of dancing for there regular customers and in a nutshell taking their tips. I explained to them that I did not ask one customer if he wanted a LD. Everyone that I did I was asked to do. I ended going up on stage and had a real nice time.....did not win, nor did i expect to. The point or should i say question that I have is are all the girls at these upper end clubs this damn competitive? With what I learned last night I will certainly not be going to these clubs again, I will stay with the smaller type bars. This was my fear when asked to participate in this. The money that was being thrown around was very good and it seemed that there were not any extras being offered at this place. Several of the guys I did LD'S for asked for extras OTC....but what they were looking for I do not have on my menu. Too bad these young hard bodies have such attitudes.....not sure how you guys deal with them.

30 comments

• jablake
    15 years ago
    Yes, it seems like the young hard bodies have an attitude----at least at the dives. The fuller figured or older dancer generally seems so much nicer and easy to get along with. I figure at least in my situation the attitude may be part of the cost of doing business. If I was a young hard body stripper, then I'd probably behave the same way. I say that because it just seems fairly common that the young and hot dancer isn't too friendly. Yes, there are super hotties who are just as sweet as they are hot. It just seems like the other dancers are so much better company----if a certain look isn't important. BTW, I'm not one of these guys who is afraid to approach super hot, but I can see where that fear or dislike may come from.
  • pop
    15 years ago
    Dancer drama is certainly not limited to upscale clubs.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Welcome to the dancer world. For many reasons, of which money is one, dancers like to think they own their customers and do not like to share. Customers however, do not always share that view.
  • judyjudy
    15 years ago
    well I have not experienced this at the smaller clubs........although I am sure it is present!!!
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    judyjudy asked: The point or should i say question that I have is are all the girls at these upper end clubs this damn competitive? It's not just dancers that are this competitive. Women, in general, are terrible to other women. I work in a place that is 82% women. On a daily basis, there is more drama than all the soap operas on TV combined. My boss, a super bitch, doesn't help-she keeps stirring the pot, stirring shit up, which as a history buff has led me to a hypothesis: "If the entire population was female, and reproduction was asexual, females would have wars that would make World War 2 look like a minor misunderstanding. We're talking scorched earth and salt sown into the soil so that nothing ever grows there again."
  • how
    15 years ago
    First, JudyJudy, you need not worry if you are "the quality of girl they are looking for." The qualities you reveal here put you ahead of the pack in most meaningful ways. Second, the attitude you got from those "young hardbodies" is unfortunately prevalent in many clubs. Many dancers take this approach: "You must fail, so that I may succeed." I avoid such people as much as possible. Cheers!
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    This kind of competition surfaces in hard economic times. Everyone is desperate to hold on to what they think is their customer base. My son worked at Brooks Brothers when he was in high school. Divorced women with teenaged children were not shy about telling him that he was cutting into their income. He was doing OK with customers he knew from our church and referrals I sent him. But he was regarded as a spoiled kid who didn't need the job and someone cutting into the income of more deserving workers.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    what a bunch of bitches....the fights that I have seen break out in a SC have ironically always been between girls, not men. Maybe consider working dayshift at an upscale club where things are more laid back during the day but still have upscale customers.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    Another super thread created by JudyJudy. This is a woman I admire. So far it seems all is well between JJ and the rest of us. I wish two or three others with her maturity and sexuality would join our discussion group. Can't add much to the comments about the "young hardbodies". They are often very difficult for each other as well as for us customers. Of course them being "difficult" in various ways is part of the charm of this odd form of entertainment, right? I would love to spend some quality time with JudyJudy. Probably won't happen, but nice to think about.
  • how
    15 years ago
    +1 to arbeeguy's comments 7/28/09
  • catman988
    15 years ago
    I find that dancers are very agressive about "their" regulars. I think they become a little dependant upon regulars for rent, etc. and then therefore would act like aforementioned "hardbodies". JJ, you were asked by customers to dance, therefore, you did not break any code the dancers that had a problem with you may have had. I would like to meet you !!!
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    catman988, Good point about dancers and their regulars. A dancer once shared how much she averaged per shift. I did some back of the envelope calculations based on how much I spent on her that visit and concluded I represented about 10% of her earnings that week. (No wonder she was so happy to see me). Not a huge percentage, but enough for a girl to be protective of.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    They are terribly competitive. I know one time at my favorite club recently, I got a dance from a new girl, and one of my former favorites came up to me to tell me I shouldn't ever get dances with her because she's taking away from her regulars. I could see where it was going so I told her I didn't want dances, but some ladies don't have a realistic way of going about their business.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "Of course them being "difficult" in various ways is part of the charm of this odd form of entertainment, right?" Yes, even when super bitch is saying NO to my request for a dance. :) OK, it doesn't seem like that right at the moment. It does beat the alternate where they feel they must be nice or must dance for whomever has the cash, imo. And, I'll take a pain dancer with looks over less physical beauty any day any time. Also, it makes me appreciate the sweet less attractive dancers more. Still don't want dances from 'em, but I definitely appreciate them more.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Some dancers lose focus of the main purpose of their job. It's entertainment, for money of course. How does a guy, facing his own problems, feel when a dancer starts some noise because he chose another dancer for entertainment? A lot of guys can stay home and get yelled at. Why go out for entertainment and listen to some dancer's obnoxious complaints? Any dancer who complains to me never gets any more business. And I know that I am generous with dancers.
  • harrydave
    15 years ago
    I agree with the above comments. My GF danced at a club with a fair number of hard body types. It took her about a year before the "challenges" stopped. Fortunately for her, she is from New Jersey and grew up working in a fish store. She knows how to defend herself.
  • _sexci_xoxo
    15 years ago
    all the clubs I have been to the girls were really rude I dont know if it was just because I'm some new girl or something but I guess that they dont like it when some girl they dont know comes in and 'takes' their money but I hear about girls walking up to other girls all the time and using that you stole my dances line it's all just a part of the job it's stupid and I can understand why they cant just not be bitches but thats just the way it is everywhere
  • _sexci_xoxo
    15 years ago
    P.S. Dont let no bitches get in the way of your money if they dont like you they need to deal with it dont let them have their way cause all that they really want is to just have no new girl walk in the club and attract all the guys who wanna try someone new
  • how
    15 years ago
    You are wise to remain unintimidated by the tactic you described, sexci. Good luck, and welcome!
  • slickpeter
    15 years ago
    My only question is how do you fire an independent contractor - remember dancers are not employees ----- they are contractors! Half of the fun at clubs is listenig to the fighting and bitching among dancers. Has anyone else ever had the situation that they are in a club and do have a friend who wors there, and then the other dancers will have nthing to do with you since you are so and so's friend? I have even had them tell me that won't give me a dance even n nights when my favorite dance is not working. Cuming from Detroit, I would like to see what the extras are that some of the other dancers offer in the back room
  • stripclubspy
    15 years ago
    First of all, it's easy to fire dancers. They are not employees but need the permission of the management to dance in the club. I have seen the police called on dancers who went ballistic and refused to leave. I'm sure the competition will always be there... after all, it's a pretty primordial thing. Imagine a million years ago... the young hard bodies probably traded sexual favors for the best cuts of meat from the returning male hunters. There was certainly a pecking order among the men as well as the women, but I'm guessing any man who came back with enough game to share ended up with a happy Mr. happy! Have things changed at all? I'm sure the constant turn-over of dancers fuels the competition. The newbies who don't know which customers belong to whom probably step in it all the time. But an earlier writer was right, the girls who feel cheated should be mad at their customers, not the girls who wooed them away. It really can get cutthroat. I was in Bogarts in Inkster Mi when a bunch of dancers ganged up on a new girl. Three beat her up in the dressing room while several others barred the door to keep the bouncer from getting in to break it up. If you know Bogarts you'll know the atmosphere is extremely competitive. I visit a number of clubs, and tend to have a regular dancer in each one. When you first start visiting, it's okay to "play the field", but after having a few dances from one girl they tend to get possessive and territorial. The other girls do get to know you, and if you have a dance or two with someone who is not your regular it will get back to her 100% of the time. The waitresses will let her know, even if the other dancers don't. At that point, it comes down to kindness and respect. Okay, my theory is that most men visit strip clubs because they love the attention of a beautiful young woman trying to please them (as well as actually getting them off). The want to feel "special". The woman are there to make money, but of course their egos get involved also. Who wouldn't enjoy the ego strokes of knowing a man is coming in just to see you, because he thinks you're the most beautiful or the most sexy or because you're the best at getting him off? So, if you think that way about a customer, and all of a sudden you hear he's been getting dances with some hardbody who's five years younger than you, there's a good chance it's going to hurt. A lot of guys complain on this site that no dancers approach them. Assuming you don't look or smell like a slob or a psycho or a cop, it might just be because they think you're someone else's regular. I like to visit a day-shift dancer at one club, and I would never get a dance with anyone else there, because I know it would hurt her and embarrass her on her own turf. When she leaves at 7PM, I leave too. If I stayed and had any contact with anyone else, she would find out about it. So, at 7 I would go to another nearby club. I know she didn't really like that either, but hey, we're not married! Plus, at least it isn't her turf. Now it gets complicated, however. There's another dancer who works at both clubs. So, I have to worry about anything I do at the second club getting back to the first. Anyway, I'm not going to go "monogamous" with a dancer, but I do want to respect her in her own club. I don't think the dancers can reasonably expect anything more, and after all, how many guys do they take to the VIP? It's not like they're being monogamous with me! If you reach "favorite customer" status with a dancer, however, it can get complicated. Since I have a regular in each bar, I sometimes end up sitting alone if she's not working that night. If a dancer approaches me, I'll say "I'm sorry, but I'm waiting for someone" just to be polite. Sometimes they demand to know who, like they think the problem is that I'm too cheap or think they're ugly, rather than that I'm just being "loyal". Very non-classy. If my regular is there but I'm waiting for her, I'll say "I'm sorry, but I'm waiting for so and so". Sometimes then I get psychological games and put-downs. "Oh, you must like big fake boobs." "Oh, you must not like the cute girls." "What does she have that I don't have?" "It's probably better that way, because she gets to keep more of the money, and I'm not going to even begin trying to explain why" (like my decision about who to visit the VIP with would have anything to do with the percentage that the management was going to get). And my absolute favorite: "Two for $30?" (no thank you) "1 for $15?" (no thank you) "1 for $10?" (no thank you) "$5?" (no, I'm sorry) "What are you, a f***ing homosexual???" The thing that really amuses me is that these girls think they're actually going to get money out of you by saying these things, when in fact the exact opposite is true. A few weeks ago I told a girl I was waiting for so-and-so, and she said "Yeah, she's really hot." I almost fell out of my chair. It really made me curious and interested in her. It certainly made me respect her. Say I was visiting a new club. If a girl approached me and I told her I'm sorry, you're not my type, if she responded by looking around the room and saying "Who is your type? Is there anyone you'd like me to introduce you to?" I would probably fall out of my chair again. At that point, she would have shown she was more interested in making sure I had a good time than in just separating me from my money. That would make her much more attractive to me, and I might just decide she was my "type" after all. At the very least I would respect her a lot. Oh well, enough babbling.
    15 years ago
    Stripclubspy, you think about it much more than I do. If I piss a girl off by getting dances from another, so be it. Plenty 'o fish in the sea.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    "Sometimes they demand to know who, like they think the problem is that I'm too cheap or think they're ugly, rather than that I'm just being "loyal"." Don't know what to say about the "loyal" part. But if I a dancer manages to figure out that I'm too cheap to pay for a girl I think is ugly, she might get a tip just for agreeing to walk away quietly.
  • stripclubspy
    15 years ago
    I just had to do something to get JudyJudy's sexy pic back on top.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    The solution is to take two dancers at once. They then compete with each other on who can get the nastiest. I just did this Tue and Wed. Mileage went up with both of them. I should say 3 of them as 1 dancer was the same on both occasions.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    shawdowcat, An interesting idea as a way to "use" a twosome!
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    @stripclubspy, Thanks, I missed seeing her pic and I can't stand that pic of the black guy with his cock out...
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Second that, that pic (black guy with cock out) scares me.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    steve229, Sort of discounts the theory that blacks have large cocks, if you wish to call that little thing a "cock".
  • stripclubspy
    15 years ago
    I agree, if I was that small I think I'd keep it covered up.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion