tuscl

Center of attention vs. low profile?

In the club, do you like to be the well known center of attention, with lots of interaction with various dancers, waitresses, bartenders, etc. or do you prefer to keep a low profile, hang back in a quiet spot and keep things one-on-one?

I prefer the later, but with my business travel down, I've had to visit the local clubs more often than I'd like, making it harder to keep a low profile. One place in particular is getting like a damn “Cheers”.

18 comments

• wallanon
    15 years ago
    I go with the flow.

If I can hang back and get lost in the crowd, great. If it's a slow day and I have a target on my lap, that's ok, too. Once I tip my hand that I'm spending, there's no peace anyway until I hit the next club.
  • how
    15 years ago
    As with Mr. Zissou and wallanon, I prefer to be under-the-radar (and under a lovely dancer, one-on-one).
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I prefer to maintain a low profile and enjoy the dancers of choice for the day.
  • Drippy
    15 years ago
    I prefer to find a strategic quiet seat away from the stage. That way I get a clear view of the club, can see the stage and check out the dancers, see who is coming into the club and leaving, and see which dancers are working the floor and how often they take a customer to the VIP area. The provides a good setting to "shop" for the dancer I want to spend some time with.
  • neoloki
    15 years ago
    I've had it both ways. some nights i can disapear to the back of the club and be happy with an ale and a lot of eye candy. other times, my lap is a very popular place and i end up with a lot of really good ideas from my favs. it's all good at the club.
  • uscue13
    15 years ago
    like drippy, prefer to get a seat with a view of the room away from center stage. Allows me to pick out who I'm interested in as well as see how often certain girls go to VIP (and if customers only get one dance or so, it's probably not the best of dancers). I also like the satisfaction at seeing the various dancers that just walk by without saying much to me only to find out later that I ended up spending more money than most of the customers with the trips to the back with girls that did stop by.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    At my favorite club, I am too well known to be anything but the center of attention. But when I venture to another club I prefer to be low profile. I like to just sit quietly and observe the action. If I see something that I like, I wait for her to come to me. If I am patient enough, it usually happens but does not mean that I am always happy with the results.I do some stage tipping to the ones that interest me.
  • LoneLurker
    15 years ago
    I'm definitely a low profile guy. However, at my current favorite club the women I see regularly know me well enough and who I see so that they spread the word when I'm there. At least one waitress knows what I drink without asking.

Even though it's a little more high profile than I'd like, I'm definitely NOT the center of attention, which is a good thing.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Low profile, however, at the club I most often visit, I know the bartender well. She does a good job of "scouting" dancers for me, as well as keeping those I wouldn't like away. So THAT interaction is good.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    I like to get a lot of attention from the strippers. I like as little attention as possible from the staff, except when I'm trying to order a drink. But who are we kidding? No customer is quite the center of attention he may think he is. Compared to the strippers, we all might as well be invisible.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I may not want a whole lot of attention at times but dancers who know me see me and come talk to me no matter where I sit at. I noticed if I try to not get much attention but then decide to tip a familar dancer at the center stage and she puts on a show to try to get more tips from others, I'm suddenly at the center of attention. It only lasts for a few seconds at a time but I do have fun. I'm focusing on the dancer instead of everyone watching. I figure most people are watching the dancer and not me anyway. Sometimes to have fun, you have to just forget about all the other people in the club.
  • how
    15 years ago
    casualguy noted, "Sometimes to have fun, you have to just forget about all the other people in the club." This is so true, and a great, simple way to express a relevant fact about maximizing SC enjoyment. I do try to convince myself it is just me and her...
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    I prefer to keep a low profile, but for me it's virtually impossible to do so. I don't mind attention from the dancers or staff, but unwanted attention from fellow customers can get to be too much at times.
  • jester214
    15 years ago
    It all depends on my mood... Some nights I just want to sit back and watch while being ignored by everyone until I find the ONE dancer.

Others I want to have a stream going by, not to mention quality drink service.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Center of attention visibility leads to dancers hitting on you as soon as you come in the door. I find that when I am known, dancers, pretending to be happy to see me, because they think I'm good for an easy $100.00. Well, I used to be. Now, I want the low profile so I can check out what I want instead of being a target.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I would prefer to keep a low profile, but at my favorite club, if I'm there, it's nearly impossible to keep a low profile because some favorite is always there. And once a girl is with a guy there, other girls will soon hang out with that guy. At my number 2 place, I can generally keep the lower profile since they can get so crowded.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    SuperDude,
    You comment reminded me of the time a dancer greeted me with:
    "I'm really glad to see you, I'm a little behind on my car payment this month."
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    I like a low profile so I can access the situation and zero in on my target.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion