tuscl

Average lapdance tip?

Prophet5
Florida
Tuesday, June 23, 2009 12:17 AM
How much do you tip for the lapdance? Of course I know it all depends on the quality and mileage and all that; Just wondered what's your average tip for the typical $20-30 lapdance?

34 comments

• gk
    15 years ago
    As a general principal, I don't think you should tip just for a lapdance, even if it's with a lot of groping. But if you are a regular customer and establish a trust level and she knows what you always want and she always delivers, then you could leave a fixed amount, regardless of the number of dances, as long as she delivers the usual performance. I like this approach but I don't always use it. Sometimes I might limit myself to just a few dances. Unless there's over the line extras involved resulting from some negotiations, I don't like to give any dancer more than $100, which would include leaving with a smile. That's what I prefer. In some places, that threshold isn't enough. Remember, if you leave atraditional tip, the dancer is controlling you. You want to be more in control or at least have more mutual control. At least that's my opinion.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I never tip unless extras are provided (I'm talking more than just a HJ)
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    I typically do not tip for a regular lapdance. Customers are already paying a premium. If asked, I may do it if warranted but it certainly isn't automatic.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    If a dancer is really taking care of me, I'll tip anywhere from 5 - 25%. The 25% range is reserved for faves that go WAY above & beyond the call of duty. If the dancer is mediocre or lousy, then the only tip she gets is on how to improve her dances in the future.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I typically buy 2 lap dances for $20. If they are good, I buy two more. Sometimes 4 more but I do not tip on top of that unless I really get special service.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I don't usually tip for a lap dance either. I consider the lap dance price I'm paying to be a high enough price. Now if she was doing something extra and asked for a tip on top of it, I would give her a tip if I was really enjoying what she was doing. If a dancer asks and I pay her a tip, it just means the chance of me getting anymore dances from her in the future is close to zero unless I really did enjoy what she was doing. A few times when a dancer asked me for a tip, I thought about saying you could dance a little bit better or saying something else for her tip.
  • mreef
    15 years ago
    $0. If she is good, we do more LDs. At $20 per 3 minutes, it's a good deal for her. I have tipped before, 10 consecutive dances (no extras), gave her $200 and $11 in singles I had in my pocket. I left the club that day with nothing left.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    um.. interesting thread...maybe I should stop tipping so much. I tip at least $5 usually. When a dancer tells me that I need to leave a tip afterwards though I usually think "go fuck yourself" and never tip them anymore.
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    Like mreef I would buy more dances. What I object to is when girls ASK for tips when they have done nothing special. This happened to me last year, she tried to make me feel bad that I wasn't going to tip, the more she asked the more I dug my heels in. Anyone else experienced this?
    15 years ago
    $0. I give them multiple dances, repeat business, and will buy them a drink. But no tipping. If a girl asks for a tip I'll give her a small one reluctantly, then I scratch her off my list.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Agree with others--if they push for a tip, I will never ask them for a dance again.
  • mreef
    15 years ago
    I've never been asked for a tip after a LD at the clubs I frequent. What I did object to is when I went to a private booth and the dancer told me to tip the house lady (old, heavy, ugly) for showing us to the booth. All she did is walk 15 feet and open the door for us. I reluctantly gave her $1.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Tips: cover long with puts and play commodities right now, always remember to look both ways before going on stage. As for money, no, get another dance at least you get some sort of value out of the extra money spent. Do I need to remind everyone, every dollar they make is essentially a TIP, no taxable value to it. Do we need to call everything bonuses so the Goldman Sachs people can understand better?
  • londonguy
    15 years ago
    Moving the thread in a slightly different direction, as a general rule of thumb are private dances more 'private' if you tip the bouncer or such like person or does it not make any difference as what may or may not happen is reliant on the girl? I've never gone for the 3 for $100 on my previous visits to clubs in the U.S. before but I am tempted on my next visit to LV in August this year.
  • snowtime
    15 years ago
    I tip very little in the lap dance area. Like others have said $20 (or fill in the going rate for your area) is a nice payment for 3 minutes work. And I will NEVER tip if the girl asks for one. Surely they must realize that asking for a tip is wrong and in most cases will insure that the guy will neve ask her for a dance again. I have tipped on the rare occasion that a particular dance was far superior to what other girls in the club routinely do. However, as a general rule the dance price is adequate compensation and if I really enjoy it I will get additional dances. Seems pretty simple to me and should be to them as well.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    The club I usually go has lap dances $30 each in private rooms plus good extras, it can't get any better than that (unless they remove the cameras). No needing to grease any bouncer at those type of clubs.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    If we had a good time, I will tip $5 or $10, assuming multiple dances. As soon as a hear a hint about a tip, I stop the dancer right there, pay her the price of the dance and leave the VIP.
  • Tucker40
    15 years ago
    Tip? The entire transaction is technically a tip. That being said, when the club I frequent does its 3-for$50 specials and enjoy the dances I'll typically go with the regular $60. On occasion after extras I'll kick in an other $20 or so.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    Most of my dancers are at prearranged prices. I rarely tip above and beyond that. When a dancer asks/hints for tips, I know it is time to let her go.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I also found out that saying "I'll give you a big tip if you make me cum" is a good way to increase the mileage...but always remember YMMV
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Yes Lap Dances are essentially a Tip to the dancer. No I do not think a Tip on top of what already is a Tip is justified unless the girl is blowing or mileage that or greater.
  • mmdv26
    15 years ago
    Agree on how much per dance, and pay that only. Agree on how much for extra services, and pay that only. If you are buying dances, and it morphs into an extra, then you probably will be expected to tip. Better to ask as soon as she puts it.....but that's no fun!
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    I've "tipped" anywhere from zero to 90 degrees from dead center.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I never tip if its just a standard lapdance, but if there are extras involved, that's when I tip.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    I'll tip sometimes when the dances are cheap, and/or it would just feel wrong to ask for change. For three $5 dances, I might just give her a twenty. Or for three $25 dances, four twenties. I'd never tip for mileage or extras. I'm not interested in them on any pay extra basis.
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    I only tip with $2 bills. I used them at the bar and the tip rail. Strippers know s-cat as the candyman, I'm Bill, Two Dollar Bill. If it's a good or better dance, I'll tip a $2 for each dance. Most stripper love $2's. They tell me all the time how they give them to their kids and could they have some more. Why yes, you can!
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    Philip, You would be loved at the Platinum Plus Clubs. The house loves to give change in $2 bills. There are a lot of complaints about this in the club reviews but I can always work around it.
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    That would steal from my notoriety! I'd just be another guy tipping with a $2. Strippers all over SE MI know me by my tips. I have a lot of fun with it. Once when a stripper gives me a bunch of shit about it, I'll took a sharpy and put 1s on a $2 and 2s on a $1 and tipper her with those. It funny as hell to see her reaction. I tip $2 everywhere, not just at SCs. Good service at restaurant will get a $2 per $10 for excellent service, it's really easy to figure tips this way. I get $100-$200 at a time from the bank. The bank keeps a good inventory for me. The other day I got one back at a gas station. It nearly floored me. I've spent thousands of dollars in $2 but have only received one.
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    $2 bills, I've got some $200 bills but can never get the strippers to accept them. They keep complaining the photo in the middle is not supposed to be a penis, as I keep telling them it's tricky Dick.
  • ArtCollege
    15 years ago
    I don't tip for routine dances. When I leave very happy, thanks to extra help, I give the dancer an extra 20.
  • FinalLap
    15 years ago
    Rarely tip on a regular dance. Sometimes do on 30-60 mins in VIP. Occasionally if it's only five bucks, i'll say 'keep it' rather than waiting for them to run and make change. usually tip 20% to waitresses and never less than a buck.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    One time I got a lap dance, and the girl did allow two way contact freely so I did tip her $10 (even though she annoyned me with reminding me to tip) Then I bought her a drink ($7) and chatted a little then got another dance during the next 2fer1 time (every 1/2 hour). This time she started grabbing my hands away when I tried for two way contact again. I kind of got the impression that I did not tip her well enough so she cut me off from two way contact. This taught me to never give repeat business to a ROB who "reminds" you to leave a tip at the end. These type of women expect outrageous tips and always feel like whatever you tip is not enough.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    On the other hand, I got a dance (decent two way contact but I did not have much money left in my wallet) and gave a $1 tip without her 'reminding' me or suggesting it. She showed appreciation and thanked me for it. I later went to the ATM to buy another 2fer1 from her. This time the mileage increased and got a HJ from her. My conclusion: If a dancer reminds you to tip her and does not show any appreciation or thanks for it, then she is nothing but a ROB that should be avoided. If a dancer does not remind you to tip and appreciates any amount of tip you leave, then she is worth dancing with again.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    I never really know what to tip when I'm in a strip club. I have tipped as high as around the cost of an entire LD (if it's in the $10-25 range - that I didn't get), and as low as zero. In Canada, tipping is usually not expected in a strip club, but I did have one former fav up there that I did tip because she really did her job well...lol... I've only had one dancer actually ask me for a tip (at the SI in RI), and this was after one of the worst LDs that I ever had...she had some nerve... My tipping has usually gotten a great response from the dancers...them seem to appreciate even a small tip sometimes. Upfront tipping before a LD is a sheer ripoff...just say no!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion