Unwritten rule at the tip rail?

As mreef alluded to in another thread, I always thought it was an unwritten rule that dancers did not approach customers at the tip rail. Always saw it as a "safe zone" where I could check out the talent without getting hustled. But during a recent visit to the Gentleman's Gold Club in Baltimore the dancers were coming up and sitting down next to guys at the tip rail and basically dragging them off for LDs. This hot Asian dancer sat down next to me and had her hand in my crotch about a minute later, so I'm not complaining, just curious.

9 comments

• wallanon
    15 years ago
    The only rule is there are no rules written in stone.

It helps if you leave a tip at the stage if you walk off in the middle of a dance, though. Less beef between the girls that way.
    15 years ago
    Depends on the club. At some it is the rule that girls don't approach. That being said some will try a sneak attack when the dancer is preoccupied with another customer across the way. At others it's a free for all, the Palomino in North Las Vegas was that way years ago (I haven't been back since).

My faves will sometimes linger within eyesight but won't actually approach me. As wallanon said, I leave a tip and meet up with my girl.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    Most clubs I've ever been to the gals don't approach guys at the rail. Not on this past visit to Silk in Milwaukee. There were gals hopping into guys' laps right in front of the stage performer. Sweet little shapely Persia did this over and over and over for one.

There were several though who would sit next to one at the rail for some company. Since such a circumstance would lead inevitably to a drink hustle from a waitress ("Wanna buy the lady a drink?") I set my drink in front of the company. Never heard the drink pitch again! That's my "tip for the day".
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    At the risk being called a bragger. The way things are done at my favorite club is a follows. There two sets of steps leading up to the main stage. The customer stands at the bottom of the steps with his hands on the rails going up the steps. The dancer comes down the steps and puts on her act for him. These may be simply rubbing her tits in your face but can also be a 1 minute mini lap dance. Many will grab your package. I can use this time to whisper in her ear. ie "save me a dance", etc. When she is done she will pull her thong strap aside and you slip your tip in. Because I am the candy man they also get a piece of candy shoved in their hand. This always gets me a kiss. You get more here for $1 stage tip than you get in Atlanta for a $10 table dance
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    At some clubs, they will never approach you if you sit at the tip rail. I've even had a dancer from whom I asked for a dance tell me I had to sit at a table because she can't talk to me if I'm tipping another dancer at the stage. On the other hand, at some clubs, like the one I visit most, they will come up to you if you are at the tip rail. I'm not sure what the logic is for that. I think for that particular club, it's because a disproportionate number of customers go immediately to the tip rail when they sit down upon entering, rather than sit at a table. To me, it doesn't seem right, because if I'm tipping, I am not seeking dances, but some clubs have their own rules.
  • rockie
    15 years ago
    There are dancer's who abide by tip rail rule and those that ignore that rule at most clubs I visit. Steve229: Given that it was a Baltimore club , did the multitasking requirement increase your entertainment value, or detract from it.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Rockie - on the con side, I kept getting the "buy the lady a drink?" hustle from the waitresses everytime a girl joined me at the tip rail, so that was a distraction. On the plus side, at one point I had the dancer next to me practically in my lap, her hands roaming freely, and the stage dancer doing the splits and giving me a full-on kitty shot - sensory overload! (but in a good way).
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    The one thing I do not see often at the tip rail is two way contact between a dancer and a male customer. I have seen two way contact between a dancer and female customer plenty of times, but it seems like an unwritten rule is that there is no two way contact done at the tip rail. She will rub her tits in your face but it's best not to grab her tits at the tip rail.

I love clubs with stage tipping...I think of it as the value menu like when I go to a fast food restaurant (McD's, Wendy's, etc.). If I get a couple of good stage $1 tricks then I am usually satisfied and don't even need a lap dance.

The one thing I don't like about stage dancing is when they have two girls up on stage at a time and one girl is hot and the other is ugly, and the ugly girl does not quit coming up to you.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    I've only seen dancers hitting on customers at the tip rail a few times...once in downtown Montreal and once at a VT strip club. The VT club was just really small (so there wasn't a whole lot of seating to begin with), and the Montreal strip club had a very heavy party atmosphere.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion