tuscl

You can take the stripper out of the club, but...

Here's a story a dancer shared with me recently:

It's the dancer's night off, and she's at a bar with her best friend and her best friend's husband. The song her club always plays when they announce 2-for-1's starts playing at the bar. Without thinking, she leans over and asks her friend's husband if he wants a 2-for-1.

11 comments

• samsung1
    15 years ago
    I believe it! Whenever I hear "Girls, Girls, Girls," by motley crue I start thinking about uptimes (2 for 1s) because so many clubs here use that as the song when announcing them.

Also when I receive a memorable lap dance during a song, then when I hear those songs I think back to the specific lap dance.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Despite all of the "I'm just in this until.." a lot of dancers really enjoy the life they have chosen and don't want to turn it off. Only the cruelty of age will make them retire.
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    Just the other a dancer was telling me something along those lines after a set. The one thing she does a lot of is save money since she knows her days are numbered in the business. Then she went on to say she saved money even while she was hooked on drugs, which is unusual for an addict. Then my mind started to wander a bit...
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    I've gotta take exception with one point in this. I've known a lot of strippers who didn't stop acting like strippers outside the club, but not to the degree that they actually forgot they weren't at work. Even the craziest ones totally keep that part straight. Somebody once posted about a stripper absent-mindedly introducing herself IRL with her stage name. Couldn't happen. I don't believe the stripper in Steve's story really asked "without thinking".
  • Electronman
    15 years ago
    What would Pavlov say? When a neutral stimulus (such as a particular song) is consistently paired with another stimulus (such as the sexual stimulation that occurs in a good lap dance) that elicits an unconditioned response (sexual arousal), guess what? That neutral stimulus now starts to elicit the same response all by itself. Pavlov studied dogs drooling to an auditory stimulus that was paired with food. No reason why sexual arousal (for a dancer of her customer) could not be elicited by a particular song that was frequently played during a lap dance. This of course assumes that the LD is sexually arousing--certainly to the customer (at least it is for me) and presumably to the stripper.
  • xxkittenxx
    15 years ago
    oh please, why is this so hard to believe guys? .... i'm a dancer and this kind of stuff happens. you spend hours hearing that song associated with "2 for 1", its gonna make you think of the strip club.

oh and CHANDLER....I sometimes have problems when introduce myself IRL to men i don't know, i almost use my stage name and then i catch myself. what do you mean it "couldn't happen"?? because i'm a dancer and it does happen. it has nothing do with "forgetting i'm not at work". I introduce myself to men with that name far more often then i do my real name (i am not constantly meeting men and introducing myself IRL), it's called a HABIT.
  • CCRiderm
    15 years ago
    Oh man, whenever I hear AC/DC Back in Black I remember a particularly sensual stage routine that I saw out in a club in Illinois. This brunette just slinked all over that stage. She had all of perv row with their lower jaws just dangling......oh my goodness.....

I smile every time I hear that song.
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    What do I mean it "couldn't happen"? I mean they make cute stories, as in "wouldn't it be funny if", but I can't imagine them happening. What's your point, xxkittenxx? That there are ditzier strippers out there than I can imagine? OK, I won't argue with that.
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    I wish I could go out to a civilian bar, and then meet a hot girl (or two!) who, when her usual first dance-song comes on, without thinking, leans over and grabs my crotch to say, "gimme dollah and we'll have some private time later."

• steve229
    15 years ago
    Another dancer told me whenever she goes out dancing with her friends at a regular club someone always tells her she dances just like a stripper. She can't figure it out because she dresses the same as her non-stripper friends, and doesn't use any of her stripper moves.

Do you think you could spot a stripper dancing at a regular club?
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Steve229---yes, watch the eyes and whether they flirt when they dance. Some girls always need an audience.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion