tuscl

Tipping the door girls?

Monday, June 8, 2009 1:26 AM
I read a topic on here a while ago about tipping the bathroom trolls. I came to the conclusion that I will not tip the bathroom troll unless I take something from them (mints, cologne, etc.). I was wondering about tipping the door girls? I have been tipping $1 when I enter and $1 again if I ever need to use them to break one of my larger bills to $1s. I tip these two door girls because they know me as a repeat customer and I would feel mean not tipping them. However, when it comes to a door girl I don't know enough, should I still tip her? Also, if I use a pass to get free cover charge then I feel even more obligated to tip. The one club I don't bother tipping the door girl at anymore is dream girls because the $10 cover charge in my opinion is too high.

13 comments

• shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I never tip a mens room troll. I detest them. But I always tip the door girl.I have a lifetime membership card to all of the PP clubs. I don't even have to show my card at my favorite club. They know me too well but they are so cute that I have to tip them.
  • gatorjoe2
    15 years ago
    Bathroom Troll freak me out. I will tip them simply because I am OCD about washing my hands and on average in a 4 hour trip to the club will go to the bathroom 3 or 4 times. The door girl always gets a dollar in and and a dollar out. One of my favorite places to go always has a stunning blonde working the door, always looks classy, no urge to see her naked, but it is nice when she recognizes me when I haven't been there in 4 months. The places that are closest to me have guys as gate keepers. I don't enjoy that, it sets up for a very different atmosphere, just seeing a guy at the door rather than a girl.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    haha yeah I forgot to mention the guys at the door...I never have tipped them and would feel gay doing so.
  • now_starring
    15 years ago
    I feel like a newb again. I have never been in a club with a bathroom door guard. What is the purpose of that?
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    The purpose of the bathroom door guard is to make sure nothing shady goes on in the bathrooms like prostitution or drug trading. The larger upscale strip clubs have rather large bathrooms and usually not security cameras so they have someone there to watch over us. They also do things like hand you the paper towels so you don't have to get them yourself and expect you to tip them for that...sometimes they will have gum, mints, cologne, etc. so I usually tip them if I take a piece of gum or something. Just think about whenever you see a picture of a celebrity doing drugs at a club it is always in the bathrooms not on the main dance floor...strip clubs put a guard in there to prevent bath room blowjobs, etc.
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    I tip service. A door girl provides me no service, she just charges me a cover, hence no tip. Regarding bathroom attendents, I have always had the impression they are there to keep the place clean at no expense to the club owners, and to provide an aura of class (in which most fail). Some attendents seeem as though they probably provide drugs, and a lot provide condoms.
  • Philip A. Stein
    15 years ago
    I'm trying to remember the Detroit club that has a bathroom troll with a hookah. You can hit it but who would want to?
  • wallanon
    15 years ago
    Some I'll tip. Some not. It depends on where I am, time of day, and what the vibe at the door is.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I gave my number to one of the door girls I know to give to a dancer. This dancer gave me the best lap dance ever but I found out from the door girl she works only about 2-3 times a month and switches clubs, so it is very difficult to find her. I know I should have asked the dancer for her number myself, but at the time I did not know she had such a limited schedule so I thought I would see her again. If this dancer calls me I will be leaving a big tip for the door girl next time I see her.
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    I've never run into a door girl at any of my regular clubs. They sound like they would be a nice addition to the dives I frequent.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    What service does a door girl provide that merits a tip? Look at all of the people in line to take money from customers--door girl, bouncer (for a booth), bathroom attendant, bartender, waitress, parking lot valet, shot girl and flower seller. And they might ask why some guys have cut back on frequency of visits.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Presuming what you mean is the person at the door you pay to enter the club, I've never tipped the door girl. However, at one of the clubs I go to, the door girl is also the girl you go to for getting $1's, so yes, I tip her, but they have a different window you go to for that. So maybe I do and maybe I don't. The problem is that historically, the person at the door at most of the clubs I visit are guys and they never get tips.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    I usually tip the door girls and spend a few moments flirting. Often they're hotter than the dancers inside. At one club one of the door girls is the daughter of a dancer. She always lets me know if "Mom" is working that night.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion