tuscl

Dancers moving between clubs

10inches
Florida
Wednesday, March 11, 2009 2:33 PM
on recent visit to local club, found that my favorite dancer had moved on to other club. could not get anyone to tell me which one she went to. guess management discourages this to avoid losing business to regulars. is this common in your area.

12 comments

• lunabird
    15 years ago
    She probably did not tell them.. Most girls just up and leave without a word.
  • jayc
    15 years ago
    In this economy girls are bouncing around different clubs more often looking for better money. Ones with regulars usually stay put.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I also heard girls get a "bonus" for being a new dancer at a club after a month or so.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    A onetime co-worker and friend told me that she moved frequently between clubs to increase her marketability. Jill had a very sparkling personality and really knew how to work a room, annd work men. She took home 1,500 to 2,000 a weekend and puled out a wad of hundreds to prove it. She oftened entertained celebs and she also told me that in certain clubs she only worked the VIP/preferred customer rooms.
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    I sometimes have dancers asking me about different clubs I visit. One dancer alternates between one club for a few months then dances at another club at the beach over 200 miles away for a few months. I keep running into dancers at one club that did not realize I club hop and then they see me at one of the other clubs after they changed jobs or are checking out that particular club. They often seem to catch me by surprise because some of the time they'll look like female customers and I'm not expecting female customers to suddenly hug me or want to talk to me. Some dancers job hop a lot more than I club hop. Of course some may be only temporary for a week or two.
  • jester214
    15 years ago
    Always looking for a better market... Or a manager/dancer annoys them and they leave for a different spot.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    Changing clubs in Detroit is almost routine. The decline in entertainment cash makes some dancers think that things will be better at another club. They may not have realized that in Detroit the entire club scene is in a depression. Then, some dancers want to move on and recruit new regulars. And some dancers personal habits have made them a problem at one club so they get fired, but can easily, in this market, move on to another club. There is no rhyme or reason to this stuff. It's jut the business.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    ...It's just the business.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Jester's right. When their well runs dry, they move on to another one. But if you're a real clubber, you shouldn't have trouble finding where she is. Networking works in this industry like any other, whether you're the customer or the dancer.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I know some girls will only dance at one club, but on the other hand, some club hop like there's no tomorrow. It can really be annoying when you see the same ROB at 5 different clubs, though. But even with the ATF types, I've seen them at different clubs. One of my old ATF's used to dance at one club in one city one week, another club in another city the next, and another club in a third city the next and it would be a cycle. And then she'd throw the whole cycle for a loop because she was fond of dancing in some backwoods club in Wisconsin for part of the summer. I can only say she did that because there was money to be made, even in backwoods Wisconsin.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    I doubt that there are many dancers who stay at same club their entire dancing career. There are different variations of club hopping. Some dancers dance at 2 different clubs at once, I've seen 1 dancer at 2 different clubs on same night one time !! Then, there are CA & AZ dancers who "cherry pick" the times to go to Vegas.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    To many dancers the grass always looks greener on the other side of the mountain. New York in Summer. Florida in Winter. They have no roots. The lure of big money, quick, drives them. In the end, I think that they do worse than the girls that stay with one club and cultivate regulars. My favorite club has dropped in the ratings. The long time dancers attribute this to these ROBs coming into the club, looking a for a quick kill and instead drive customers away with their high prices and attitudes. There are many that get kicked out for being porkers, doing drugs ITC and doing extras. Most of them wind up at competing clubs in the same area. If I meet a dancer new to me, I always ask how long they have been working there, where they worked before, where they live, and of course the price of their dances. Doing this can weed out some but not all of the "get rich, quick" dancers. I'll stick with the locals.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion