tuscl

Verbiage used in reviews

aquavelvaman
Virginia
Wednesday, February 25, 2009 1:25 AM
I think this site is unique and so valuable - where else can you get well written reviews of strip club experiences by educated/well thought out people? With that said - I have to wonder how overused phrases are like "I left fully satisfied". I see it all the time - here are some examples: "As promised, pretty much anything was on the menu and I left happy after a visit to the private LD area" or "settled on Vanessa in the VIP. Couldn't have mad a better choice. I left VERY happy and will return again and again" To me, very happy - fully satisfied etc. should be used with only one specific outcome, but I'm not sure that is the case here. Is everone with me, that "leaving fully satisfied" means one thing only, or is it relative to the reviewer? (maybe leaving VERY HAPPPY means you have some money left?)

29 comments

• minnow
    15 years ago
    If the exact meaning of terminology used by reviewer is going to be a dealbreaker on potential club visit, why don't you pm the reviewer in question.
  • Tucker40
    15 years ago
    Aqua, buddy. It's not like your few posts are exactly direct either. Not that it should matter, you're not patronizing particularly daring clubs. Minnow is right. But ultimately these posts can't be specific because a.) girls get busted and b.) YMMV (MMMV on a given night with an ATF depending on the time of the month, amount of money made that day, etc.).
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Relative to the reviewer. To some customers nice conversation and nice decor and a couple light beers could equal "VERY happy and fully satisfied."
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Well said jablake! There are times I visit a club just to talk with my bartender friend. Even if there were no dancers (especially your favorites, "blubber butts", dancing, I could still leave happy and satisfied with our conversation.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "'I left fully satisfied'" This phrase (along with leaving "happy") almost always means that an "extra" service was given & enjoyed by the reviewer, but they don't want to come right out & say it due likely to concerns about LE.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    I am so glad that Aquavelvaman appreciates our erudite reviews and discussions. Of course they are ambiguous !! That's the name of the game, buddy! Strip clubs are ambiguous. Strippers are ambiguous. "Very Satisfied" could mean "I had an orgasm", or "I got more sexual stimulation than I had expected" or "i had a wonderful time". I personally favor more explicit language, but without naming the dancer. I have thought about this for a couple of years now. I don't think that explicit language on TUSCL about what goes on in a club will get it busted -- LE has plenty of other ways to find out what goes on. But I DO THINK that explicit language regarding a specific identifiable dancer can get her in trouble with fellow dancers and/or the management, if she is stretching/breaking club rules. The management could well know it is going on in a "general sense" but would still react badly to a description of some forbidden act by some specific-named dancer. And I guarantee you that a lot of dancers and club employees read TUSCL regularly. Naming the club, but not the dancer -- I am in agreement with the implicit message sent by Aquavelva -- why not just tell it as it is? All these amazing terms we invent "High Mileage" "Frank Sinatra" "Smile on my Face" etc. etc. -- they are a bit amusing but also a bit childish. On the other hand, figuring out what people "probably mean" is part of life.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    I agree with arbeeguy, that posts on TUSCL will not get a club busted. I also agree with not naming dancers for the same reasons. I disagree on how many managers and dancers read TUSCL. I have found that to be very limited. I can get a HJ for as low as $20 and FS OTC for $200 or less. I know a lot of guys that visit my favorite club.Some times with me. Some want and expect more than I do and some less. Some are a lot mores explicit in there reviews than I. have a reputation for knowing the score at my favorite club. My email cup runneth over. I share explicit information with them but not in my reviews. I am selfish and want to keep it to myself. Then there is the TRUST thing. I don't kiss and tell.
  • aquavelvaman
    15 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback (especially from those who lean to agreeing with me!)- I'm totally on board with not being explicit about things that really happen - espeically out of respect for Dancer's privacy (and I have the ultimate respect for them) - but you guys did a better job then I did making my point - Here some guy does a review saying he was FULLY SATISFIED with his visit with X dancer (by name) - when making him 'fully satisified' really meant telling him he was handsome a few times - then world is left to expect X dancer to do extras every time, or worse, she gets fired. Thanks for the healthy debate.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Right mg! LE can't figure out "'I left fully satisfied'" just might mean an ""extra" service was given & enjoyed by the reviewer", yet brilliant posters on TUSCL, such as yourself CAN figure it out. One of the stupidest comments ever posted on TUSCL! No need to try and defend THAT post!
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Shadowcat is right, the real issue pertains to whether or not you have developed a good relationship with a dancer. In that case, it's a trust thing and you shouldn't be blasting her name alongside the intimate details of your relationship. With names withheld, that's another story. If names are given, you should pull the punch in certain details. It's all about protection and trust and understanding the cultural/political environment surrounding the club. About our phraseology--in the long run it probably reads better. Without this creativity, it would be tiring after a while. Now, say goodnight Mr. Happy.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Right mg! LE can't figure out 'I left fully satisfied' just might mean an 'extra service was given & enjoyed by the reviewer', yet brilliant posters on TUSCL, such as yourself CAN figure it out." Look you racist old fool...as we've discussed on this board again & again (and you can even see above)...many, many people that post here are very leary of posting explicit details (whether they mention the name of the dancer or not) in their reviews. A lot of this has to do with a fear of getting a club in trouble with LE or a dancer in trouble with the management of the club. I have never shared those "fears" at all, and I don't think that anyone (LE included) is fooled by the kind of writing style that this thread was asking about in the first place. I have never been shy to mention exactly what kind of action is available at whatever strip clubs that I've visited to, but many others have a different opinion on this topic, which is fine by me. "One of the stupidest comments ever posted on TUSCL!" This from an old fool that was NEVER able to defend the FACT that he's a racist, period end of story. Like I've said before clubber...your credibility is completely shot on this site at this point...give it up...
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    mg, You ARE good for something... A good laugh! Thanks!
  • terrymac77
    15 years ago
    I thought this was an interesting point. verbage /ver'b*j/ n. A deliberate misspelling and mispronunciation of verbiage that assimilates it to the word `garbage'. Compare content-free. More pejorative than `verbiage'. vs ver⋅bi⋅age    /ˈvɜrbiɪdʒ/ [vur-bee-ij] –noun 1. overabundance or superfluity of words, as in writing or speech; wordiness; verbosity. 2. manner or style of expressing something in words; wording: a manual of official verbiage. So perhaps the thread SHOULD be retitled VERBAGE Used In Reviews, since it usually is assimilated with garbage.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    <sigh>...let's review here clubber...you were exposed as an old racist (which is something that's fortnutaely no longer tolerated here in the year 2009) in another thread, and now you're soooo desperate to lash out at those that exposed you & your blatant racism that you'll try & make mountains out of molehills in other threads (against those like myself that helped to point out your racist beliefs). New flash: It's NOT working! BTW, good luck with the idea that our current President "Obama is white"...LOL!! Now be a nice old fool and run away now from this argument...just like you always do...you racist...
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Hi terrymac77, Good catch. I thought "verbage" was just a misspelling or alternate spelling of "verbiage." If the OP thought that trite phrases used in the reviews are basically content free, then seems like verbage would work nicely. BTW, Firefox spell checker does show "verbage" as a misspelling for what little that's worth.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Mg, In other threads, your racist BS has been shot down as the rantings of a blithering idiot. But anyway... You ARE good for a laugh! hahaha!
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    jablake, As I am sure you know, spell checkers are not to always be trusted!
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    Hi Clubber, Yes, but it is better than nothing given my so so spelling. When I write a review my concern generally isn't verbiage or even verbage. It is a balance between verbosity about everything under the sun as pertaining to my visit and the vernacular of fear. In times of old there were exquisite works of steganography when one's ideas or beliefs could lead to one's torture and incarceration. Now, with the speed of modern living, brevity and triteness seem like the preferred escutcheon. Do I fear Leo? Damn straight home boy! :) A vernacular of fear is the pavement to the promised land sorta like prayers to Allah need be said in Arabic. :) So my fellow stripclubbers need to learn the language of not just BJ or CIM or DATY, but also the dreaded ILFS---"I left fully satisfied."
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    jablake, Of course we need to know the lingo, IE: the Glossary of Strip Club Terms. Fully satisfied COULD mean just about anything, but when used here, I think we all know it's meaning, including LE.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    It COULD mean just about anything----that is the beauty and the beast of it. :) Since, I'm not normally focused on a "happy ending," even when readily available, I'll try and avoid ILFS sentiments in my future reviews for the sake of clarity. I actually was fully satisfied talking about different books that this hot stripper had read---her recall and explanations were a real treat for *me*.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "your racist BS has been shot down as the rantings of a blithering idiot." MY racist BS?? LMAO!! YOU'RE the confirmed racist & liar clubber...nice try at projection though old fool... "but when used here, I think we all know it's meaning, including LE." LOL...and thanks for agreeing with me in the end moron (you've just re-stated my entire point!)...Jesus Christ you're stupid...
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    mg, hehehe
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    jablake, As I said to you above, "Well said jablake! There are times I visit a club just to talk with my bartender friend. Even if there were no dancers (especially your favorites, "blubber butts", dancing, I could still leave happy and satisfied with our conversation."
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    And the moronic back-peddling continues...ugh...
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    "Satisfied" and "relieved" (as in, "stress relief") have always meant, as far as I know, IN THE COMMUNITY, that something quite specific took place: those phrases weren't ever, in my experience, a reference to an idea that a "judgment call" as to whether the customer's personal preferences were fulfilled; rather, they were always indirect statements that orgasm and ejaculation took place. Whether that happened in given locations -- differentiating among within the pants, within the condom, and within the orifice of the provider -- are further refinements left up to context, generally. But if someone is saying in a review that he was "fully satisfied" and by that he meant, he really liked their cigar collection and felt that all the waitresses were polite, then he should stop poisoning the community with his misleadingly insufficient standards. So there.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    BG, You are correct. I've said HERE that something less then the above can satisfy me, but I've not used satisfy in any other context then you mentioned above. The whole premise of this topic is to cement the above. It was some moronic statement in this topic that concluded LE couldn't figure out what it really meant!
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    Regarding LE: Either (1) they aren't listening at all; (2) they have no fucking clue what the friggin-frack we're talking about; (3) they know exactly what we're talking about. In case of (1 -- they aren't listening), we should understand that this must by definition be a temporary situation. They're working on it, and they'll eventually start listening. And move to case 2. In case of (2 -- they have no clue) we should understand that this must by definition be a temporary situation. They're working on it, and they'll eventually figure it out. And move to case 3. In case of (3 -- they know it all) finally, we should understand that we're already done for.
  • MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "It was some moronic statement in this topic that concluded LE couldn't figure out what it really meant!" Of course, no one ever said that clubber...you liar... BTW, still waiting for you to go crawl back under that rock that you came out from under you racist... No one is "done for" when it comes to LE and what is written on this website...that's been my point all along...don't by into the fear...
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    mg, hehe haha
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion