tuscl

SUPERBOWL PREDICTION

Saturday, January 31, 2009 11:11 AM
Pittsburg...27 Arizona......3 Do you care to make a prediction of your own???

24 comments

• Dudester
    15 years ago
    According to the script, so that Warner can cement his position in he alof Fame and build on what he did ten yers ago (supermarket stock boy becomes NFL QB, leads team to Super Bowl victory in first year), the Cardinals will get a last minute touchdown and win. Warner will say he's going to Disney World, he retires and becomes football commentator.
  • DickJohnson
    15 years ago
    Pittsburgh 30, arizona 21. If Pittsburgh can contain that guy fitzgerald then they should win.
  • imnumnutz
    15 years ago
    i kinda like what brian billick said on espn radio...'zona to cover the 6.5 pt spread, but pittsburgh wins game...
  • giveitayank
    15 years ago
    What's really intersting about this post is we will still be responding to it after the game.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Dudester, If the NFL actually plays by a script then I think the steeler's will win the super bowl, because that would mean that the first african american NFL coach wins a super bowl. Mike Tomlin is only the 10th african american coach in the league's history. He would also be the youngest coach to win the super bowl. It kind of reminds me of the President Obama being black and so young, yet so successful. I think this young black coach will win.
  • giveitayank
    15 years ago
    samsung, Tony Dungee has already won the super bowl and he is african american. Yank
  • PinkyLynn
    15 years ago
    I bleed Black & Gold. I really don't get into predicting the final scores of games. But, here we go, Steelers will win by 10. Go STILLERS!!! :-)
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    About 80 threads ago (31 Dec), I started a thread with "tongue in cheek" prediction of playoff results, based solely on the merits of playoff teams stripclubs. Based on Pittsburgh clubs vs Phoenix clubs, I "picked" CARDINALS BY 13. *** Note- in my last years thread, I picked NY over NE by 1.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    Steelers in a blowout. Bruce Springsteen will be more interesting than the game.
  • I can vouch for minnow's prediction. I just don't know about his prediction this year. Pittsburgh 20, Arizona 14.
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    I am a big Kurt Warner fan, and I love Dudester's rmantic fantasy but I am sure that Pittsburg will win by a comfortable margin. I hope it is not a blow-out. But the Cardinals have been beneficiaries of several lucky breaks recently. I don't think their luck will hold today. Hope I'm wrong. Does anybody know the POINT SPREAD that Las Vegas is giving?
  • trickystick
    15 years ago
    Pittsburgh 37 Arizona 13
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    [view link] Stripclub City Strengths vs NFL Playoff Results: Any Correlation?? The spread for this game on the gambling site that I use is a 7 point lead for Pittsburgh. After watching some videos on youtube I can tell that Pittsburgh players seem much more physical and larger than the shrimps from Arizona. Also I was wrong saying Mike Tomlin would be the first black super bowl winner coach. He would be the second. However, he would be the first young black coach to win the super bowl and that goes with the story line of President Obama. Also President Obama is rooting for Pittsburgh as they are a blue collar state. PA has more strip clubs than AZ, so maybe the strip club strength favors Pittsburgh. Pennsylvania has more strip clubs than most states, exceptions are CA, FL, OH, New Jersey, NY,and Texas.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    samsung- Please don't rewrite the rules in my thread! The title says "cities", not states. If you want to play that game, 2 things: 1) A large chunk of PA clubs are in East PA in general, & Philly in particular. How much "love" do you think Eagles fans have for the Steelers? 2) The distance from Tempe/Phoenix to Las Vegas is ~= distance from Pittsburgh to East PA/Philadelphia. Vegas is strong in quantity & quality of stripclubs. More "favor" to Phoenix "fan driving radius" base. But, stripclubs don't win ballgames- I throw out my "methodology" as being no more or less "Black Magic" than stuff like the winners conference determining the direction of stock market, etc. After game over, I plan to go to the levity of stripclub, and send in a few reports.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    or perhaps the correlation is "less strip clubs means a more focused football team" I would find it kind of hard to concentrate on football if I was making millions of dollars each year and had 30 strip clubs in town. Perhaps your methodology will have better luck with basketball season!
  • arbeeguy
    15 years ago
    It was a great game, & by golly, my team ALMOST won. It was not the blowout DandyDan predicted and I feared. I am proud of Kurt Warner and his pals. They got some lucky breaks, and committed WAY TOO MANY FOULS, but they got beat fair & square. Long Live Kurt Warner.
  • PinkyLynn
    15 years ago
    arbeeguy, thanks for that post. I'm from Pittsburgh and have been hearing from Steeler haters all day that the Steelers won by cheating. I thought it was a great game and thought the Cardinals won. How about th9ose commericals? Did anybody else catch the 1 second ad? As far as strip clubs in Pittsburgh, there are only 2 in the actually cit, about 10 in neighborhoods surounding the city, and if a person is willing to drive an hour away from the city there are the clubs in Wheeling and Weirton, WV and Dallas Pike, OH. Which would add about 20 more clubs to the list. So, within an hour driving distance of downtown Pittsburgh there are 30 or more clubs.
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    Springsteen for crotch-shot, 10:1.
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Miller High Life, as I recall.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    Pinky- uhhhm, I only count FOUR clubs listed in Weirton/Wheeling, virtually none of which have a meaningful # of reviews. Dallas Pike club was the one with 1-2 flaming shill reviews (email add. of 1 of reviewers had club address!!!). ss- "fewest distractions...." Recall 2003 SB. Tampa has arguably the strongest "distractions" of any area. City of Oakland has ZERO clubs. Ditto for closoest suburbs. SF is closeby with some good clubs, but you're in 49er territory there. That said, Steelers are clearly a team that knows how to get the "W">(& I'm not a Steelers fan).
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I actually think it was Pittsburgh that got lucky that game. I think the turning point in the game was when the cardinals were two yards away with 18 seconds. They could have got an easy 3 points, but instead they took a gamble (typical of west coast teams) and tried for a touch down. It got intercepted and the Pittsburgh defense scored a touchdown. That play goes down in super bowl history as the longest touchdown run. I remember Oklahoma made a very similar mistake in the college national championship game against Florida.
  • PinkyLynn
    15 years ago
    Minnow, what do I know? I only live and work in the Pittsburgh area. Last time I counted there are close to 30 strip clubs in and around Pittsburgh up to 1 hour driving. It was a great overall game. I thought the Bruce Springsteen half time could've been better. I'm not a big Springsteen fan, but felt I knew a lot of his hits and I only recognized 2 of the songs he played. The Rolling Stones, Tom Petty, and Prince all put on a better show and didn't take up half of the time with chit chat. During a half time football game, I don't want to hear somebody talking unle4ss they are a sports commentator. Less talking, more entertainment by playing the songs everyhbody knows by heart.
  • minnow
    15 years ago
    PL- How fast do you drive?? I only know what I see listed on Tuscl. Not everyone is familiar with every single town & burrough listed. Chandler AZ, I guess, could be considered as being part of Phoenix metro area. It is within the realm of possibility for someone living there to get to some Tuscon clubs in an hour drive. Anyway, if I'm on a business trip to PIT, how many clubs are within a <= $15 cab ride from 1) Airport hotel area 2) Downtown hotel?? Would it/they be worth the ride?
  • PinkyLynn
    15 years ago
    There really is nothing by the airport. Shame really. There is a peep show in an adult store, but I really don't consider those strip clubs. I believe it is listed on SCL, but I can't remember the name of it. Downtown there are only two clubs, Blush and Cheerleaders, just opened this month. Blush was rated the best strip club in Pittsburgh. Cheerleaders is too new for me to give you any review and they are not listed here, but they are on SCL. Within a $15 cab ride of the city is Erotica and Silky's, both have high covers but free beer only. They are listed here as well. Out of all of these, from what I've seen and heard from others, I'd recommend Blush. To get to WVA it's all highway travel. I drive 65mph which is the speed limit along Rt. 22/30 going into Weirton. It only takes me 45 minutes as long as there isn't a concert in Burgettestown. The Tennyson is where I work. It's listed as being in Bethel Park. The Curry is down the street from us and they are listed as Pittsburgh. I think it goes by mailing address. Unless you are familar with all the neighborhoods, it is hard to know all the clubs in the area of different cities. For all the clubs you can find in Pittsburgh, look at the area codes of the phone numbers, any 412 or 724 is within an hour of Pittsburgh and not all are listed here.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion