tuscl

run in

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 10:22 PM
so last night (right before the kryptonite incident), i was looking around the joint and HOLY CRAP! I noticed a guy i go to church with. good guy, older gentleman, married. has kids. communal character. i try and avoid him, and am succesful except for 2 noticable incidents... 1. you guessed it. im leaving the bathroom and he walks in. i dont think he noticed me 2. as im headed to dance with kryptonite (those things were huge!!), he actually stops her and requests a dance! i freak and look the other way. i hope he didnt realize it was me. what is proper protcol in this scenario? do i avoid him? buy him a drink? tell his wife and kids ;)

17 comments

• Dudester
    16 years ago
    A couple of times I had the misfortune to run into an onetime military aquaintance at a joint I liked. I tried to avoid him, but he kept making this BIG scene about "THIS IS MY BUDDY!!" announcing it to everyone. Later, at a military reunion, he had to tell everyone that he and I frequent the same strip joint. Very uncool.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    I would avoid bringing it up. If he does, play the part of the understanding TUSCLer.
  • wallanon
    16 years ago
    Ditto. Why freak out? He's standing in the same club you are.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    I've run into people I know many times, even a couple of dancers. Never had a problem. I keep my mouth shut and I guess they do as well.
  • giveitayank
    16 years ago
    If you and him are both attending the same church, chances are he doesn't want anyone (in the church) to know about his 'clubbing' just in same way you don't. So, it becomes a, "I won't say anything to anyone if you won't." kind of thing. To coin a cliche' you both have each other over a barrel.
  • mmdv26
    16 years ago
    You have each other over a barrel perhaps, but there must be an underlying respect for each other in the circumstances. I have 2 such situations. In one, we brag privately OTC about what we've done with whom. I believe that I can trust him to say nothing to anyone else about our hobby. ITC we acknowledge each others presence but avoid a big display. Some of the dancers know that my company buys products from his company. The other situation is a little more sensitive. One day I went over to him ITC and told him to trust that I will never say anything about seeing him there. I looked him right in the eye, he nodded his head and we shook hands. I think I can trust him in the same regard. Dudester, I guess you could try to convince others that he's had too much to drink, but it sounds like the damage is already done...
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    At a full-service high-mileage club once, I ran into a fellow who is married to one of my best friends' co-workers. (And the best-friend intermediary is, also, an ex-girlfriend of mine.) He tried to act like he was "just having fun" with the boys, and I (of course!) let him continue that attitude, while also dropping lots of not-so-subtle hints, that his secret would be forever safe with me. But I have to admit, I now have him at an advantage, since he is married and knows that I know he did something his wife would disapprove of, by being in the club; while I am single, and therefore was only doing that which is perfectly legit., by being in the club.
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    I used to see this one guy who I wasn't so fond of from the day shift of my job (I work nights) all the time at various clubs near me and used to avoid him like the plague. But one time, we both arrived at the same time, so I couldn't avoid him and it turned out he's a good guy. Usually, I'll get him a pop, or he'll get me something. Oddly enough, I haven't seen him for over a year in a club. On the other hand, my most miserable experience ever was when the upper management of my employer was at the club. I felt like my night was ruined, but in retrospect, I got something on the #2 man (the only one of that bunch still there) at my job.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    I think a good part of this discussion is how much you "hide" your clubbing. Just this last Saturday, I was talking with an old friend about some of our club visits. A lot of our friends were around as well as my wife. That said, we didn't go into a lot of de"tail".
  • icedawg
    16 years ago
    Book guy- we are in the same situation. im a younger, single guy. hes older and married. also, i kinda blend in. a bit generic. he, stands out. i know for a fact its him, but im not sure he knows its me. boy, imagine if he "thought" it was me and was wrong! not something he'd wanna chance on. next time, i may make him buy me a shot. 'cause im a good sport
  • Philip A. Stein
    16 years ago
    Am I the only one that's wondering what a Christian is doing in a strip club? Worried about what another church-goer thinks, shouldn't a Christian be worried about what God thinks? Jesus said to pluck your eye out if it offends you. This means take drastic action if needed to comply with the Lord's commands. This is precisely why I quit pretending to be a Christian years ago.
  • chitownlawyer
    16 years ago
    As someone else said, you both have something on the other. In your social setting, it's the equivalent of Mutually Assured Destruction. I sometimes see colleagues at strip clubs. We typically ignore each other in the club, and never mention anything to each other about it. Sometimes guys will approach me, and occasionally ask me to join them--I comply, but I hate to do it. And in these cases, we also never mention it outside the club. Just pray that this guy doesn't decide to "bare all" during "Testimony Night", and invite you, from the altar, to "come clean", too. However, I would think that is very unlikely.
  • ozymandias
    16 years ago
    There's always been parity between "Christian" and "Stripping". That's why Catholic school girls wear stripper costumes for uniforms! O.
  • happylap
    16 years ago
    Ozy, Good one!
  • stillmarried
    15 years ago
    That is why I only go to clubs when I am out of town. It works out to about 6 times a year, but i usually go with lots of cash and have a great time!
  • icedawg
    15 years ago
    UPDATE im not sure anyone cares, but i saw the guy. at church, but not at the club. he gave me a wink and as he walked by, in a low voice said "ill bring the girls". and then walked off. phew.
  • Nice! Now you have a brother-in-arms! Saw one high school classmate one time; we said hi and that was it. Don't know what I'd do if I someone I recognized in a strip club. Back in high school I wasn't the type people would peg as a stripper hound even though I knew who I was. I'm thankful your situation turned out a lot brighter!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion