tuscl

My favorites keep bailing on me.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I don't know what happened to most of them. From the ones that I do know about from other strippers and my own personal knowledge. A lot have taken up other careers. "I can't do this forever". Some have had babies and took up motherhood over stripping. Some have relocated because their husbands/boy friends got transferred.Some have made brief reappearance for an immediate influx of cash. "I need the money for an abortion", etc.

I prefer to stick with favorites. I know their limitations and have their trust. This is getting more difficult all the time. I find myself wasting time and money trying dancers new to me. A couple have been instant hits. Most were misses.

I do know some lifers.But will they be there tomorrow?

17 comments

• gatorfan
    15 years ago
    I think Chandler summed it up fairly well, most strippers I know just look at is as a job and I've met a few who stuck to their plan and quit by the age 30-35. Most weren't stripping to pay for college, but eventually many realized reduced money in the business or decided to pursue a career.
  • DoctorDarby
    15 years ago
    I've known one girl in a local club since she went from waitress to dancer 15 years ago. She's still the queen of the place and holds down a day job hanging wallpaper. Over the years I have had occasion to say goodbye to a few favorites on their last nights, but most just disappear, as tends to be the nature of the business.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    how, good point.gridget will always have a special place in my heart. This relationship is way beyond ATF status.If I were 30 years younger, I would marry her. But like a lot of happily married men,I still have a roving eye.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    BaddJack - Ok. Thought you might have been living in Utah
    at the time.
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    Steve: Fair question due to poor usage on my part.

What I should have said was that "I remember how rotten my second AND third marriages were and the only bright spot that shone on both of them was the lovely and talented Skyy. It was during this turbulent and troubling time that her nubile breasts and impossibly long legs helped me to soldier on...."

Better?
  • how
    15 years ago
    With Gridget as an ATF, why should you have any worries about those also-rans?
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    BaddJack,
    "when I was married to my second and third wives"
    Isn't that illegal?
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    Most strippers don't view it as their career. It's a detour from their normal life. They don't expect it to last as long as it does. When they're done with it, they often don't know beforehand - they just never go back. So they may not announce it to anyone else - managers, co-workers or customers.

What this means for us is that we often can't tell whether a favorite has quit for good or just missed a few shifts or taken time off. Many times, I've given up on ever seeing a fave again, when one night she reappeared like a pixie. Of course, that fact just makes me hold onto the vain hope that others will come back. As PLs, that's our sorry fate - no closure. *sob*
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    Many moons ago, when I was married to both my second and third wives there was a very pretty redhead named Skyy that knew all of the buttons to push with me. I believe that when I first met her she was 20 or so. I followed her to two more clubs over the course of a couple of marriages and three or four years. Then, like Keyser Soze, she disappeared.

I saw her in the supermarket the other day. I have really not changed much, other than being a bit balder. She, on the other hand, changed immensely. She looked 50ish and an unknowing observer would have thought the two snot-noses with her were her grandkids. I recognized her from the quetzel tattoo on her shoulder blade. She still wore a navy blue bra. I caught her eye and smiled. She rolled her eyes and smiled and opened her arms as if to show me what she had been up to.

Ouch. She looked terrible and old and tired. Maybe that is why they quit.
  • slickpeter
    15 years ago
    I know one who has been stripping now for over 35 years ----- and she is still great ----- unless you really got to know her you would think of her as an early 30 year old. Her daughter is also stripping - they have been living in the culture for so long that they know nothin different! I imagine that her grand daughter will be joining the group soo - she is 14 --- give her another four years and she will be joing grandma and mother in leading the line back to the VIP room
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    In the movie Road Trip 2..there is a scene where they stop at a strip club and it does have a grandmother, mother, and grand daughter trio working at the strip club lol.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    On a serious note, agree with others that it's to be expected. Perhaps best to focus on the good times shared, and wish them the best.

Goodbye stranger it's been nice
    Hope you find your paradise
    Tried to see your point of view
    Hope your dreams will all come true
    Goodbye Mary, Goodbye Jane
    Will we ever meet again?
    Feel no sorrow, feel no shame
    Come tomorrow, feel no pain
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    That is always going to happen. The last time I went to my favorite club, I found out 3 of my favorites are gone, and 1 only works on days I can't go. 2 of them just quit, 1 of them has family issues, and the one who only works on the days I can't go had a kid recently and is on a limited schedule, which doesn't include working on the weekend. Even at my #2 club, my ATF is talking about going to business school. I wonder if she'll be there in 6 months. They can't go on forever, although some of them think they can.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    Besides the career changes or location changes there is also the possibility that they were working at a strip club because they had a warrant for their arrest, which prevented them from getting a normal job. There was a dancer known as the "blow job queen" at Blue Diamond in Columbus who was pulled over and arrested for her warrant because of heroin.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Could it be the pickled eggs? (just kidding)
  • lopaw
    15 years ago
    Yeah - most dancers have a short shelf life, and that's often for the best (nothing sadder than a nasty old stripper who continues on well past her prime). Constant new blood keeps the landscape always changing, although it does really suck when you find a real keeper and she ups & disappears - sometimes overnight.

Oh well. Tis the nature of the beast.
  • GRENDELZ
    15 years ago
    That's just the way it goes Shadowcat. Strippers come and strippers go. Hey its also fun to audition new girls for your ATF position. Sometimes you go through a couple of ROBs before you get to that lapdancer of your dreams. lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion