tuscl

Upscale vs. seedy

Thursday, October 23, 2008 5:25 AM
Which do you prefer??? I see a lot of reviews by men who rant and rave over how nice the decor is inside a club. And they talk about how hot the women are but, they make no mention of how good the mileage is. They are obviously reviewing the "upscale gentlemen's" clubs. The type of clubs that have a dress code (a jacket & tie). The type of clubs where they think nothing of blowing over a thousand dollars on air dances. Then there are the guys, who may make mention of how hot the women are but also, how hot the mileage is too. They usually make no mention of how beautiful is the 1970's mildew smelling, wood paneling is or that there are four trailer parks within walking distance... There's no dress code. These men are obviously reviewing "seedy clubs". As far as I can tell, they don't have as much to spend so they try to make every dollar count. The latter is my kind of club. If I just want to look at upscale interior decor and eye candy, then I just go to the mall. Which do you prefer? Upscale or seedy?

24 comments

• Dudester
    16 years ago
    Best example of this-St. James is 1/3 of a mile from Houston Dolls on the same street. St. James is upscale, Dolls-seedy. Both are high mileage. I've had FS in both, but more in Dolls than St. James.
  • giveitayank
    16 years ago
    Dude... It sounds to me that St. James is more expensive. Is that right???
  • Anna
    16 years ago
    lmao...i worked at St. james for two days...THEY DO NOT HAVE BOOTHS...all dances are done in a chair...upscale, I think not.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Allowing only two choices makes it difficult to pick. I wouldn't say I enjoy "seedy" places, but I do prefer local, laid back, low pressure, high mileage clubs over "upscale".
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    Depends. I've been to seedy places that were great and seedy places that were a complete waste of time. As for upscale, that depends on how upscale you mean. One of my favorite places is upscale, but its not so upscale they don't kick out people wearing tshirts and hoodies. Really, all I care about is getting high mileage, and enjoying the company of a dancer who turns me on. And you can get that anywhere. On balance, probably seedy, but upscale is nice on occasion.
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    Don't mind upscale for a short visit, but greatly prefer seedy. The seedier and the raunchier and the cruder, the better -- so far. This may be because I have never been exposed to "seedy/raunchy" very much. I will never forget my first encounter with SEEDY Vic's Place in Irvington NJ. I have commented on this place a couple of times, and can't wait to go back to encore my first performance (as a "John") there. Also I think the Outhouse in Lawrence Kansas and Dollie's Playhouse in Washington Park epitomize the seedy. Treasures in Houston is my iconic image of "upscale". Nice place, but (a) way too much silicone for my taste, and (b) way too many $$$$ required to have a good time. DIFFERENT STROKES FOR DIFFERENT FOKES.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    The most upscale club I have ever been in is The Pink Pony South in Forest Park GA. A suburb of Atlanta. Get this. They have a sushi bar right above the main stage. Upscale and uptight. Trogangreg and myself visited the club a short time after it opened. Dancer drinks were expensive and table dances were all air. Vip prices were ridiculous. This place will not last long. The seediest club I have ever been in was a place called Pleasures on Bluff Road in Columbia SC. It has since changed names. It was a black club in a bad part of town. You had to sign in and get patted down ( I did not use my real name). Drinks were served in plastic cups. Of the 6 or 7 dancers working, none rated higher than a 5. I finished my drink in record time and got the hell out. So where do I fall? Some where in between. I don't think that my favorite club matches either but is closer to upscale.
  • zorro
    16 years ago
    I'm not sure I'd ever call a strip club "upscale". I've been in many truly upscale entertainment venues, but a strip club with flunkies in tuxes is not upscale, in my opinion. Let's say "seedy" and "not so seedy". That said, I enjoy both. I like high mileage lap dances and dancers that will sit and party with you at your table, and I've gotten that at both kinds of clubs.
  • motorhead
    16 years ago
    I've been in a few clubs I would classify as "seedy"....but I thought the quality of the talent was EXTREMELY low. If I am going to a strip club, I want to see truly hot women....ya know, the kind of a woman that gets me excited just by looking at her. I mean what's the point of getting extras from an fugly. I'll trade hotness for extras anytime. Having said that, I won't say I like "upscale" clubs either. I despise valet parking, for example. I have never been in a club that requires a jacket and tie - I would never enter such an establishment. So, I guess just give me a regular SC.
  • turtle77
    16 years ago
    I like the clubs that are sort of in between. The club has to be somewhat clean, although I don't give a shit if the carpet looks worn. The location should be a place where you don't have to worry about being mugged or have your car stolen. The mileage must be high with extra's readily available. I'm fortunate that I live within 45 minutes of several places that fit this description.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    david120: it was not a strip club but I did visit a bar in Copenhagen, Denmark that required a coat and tie. They did not even serve beer. But they had 20 or 30 of the hottest prostitutes in town available for take out. I took the hottest.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    They were all dressed classy. They were educated and multilingual. They could have all been Playboy features. They were expensive but I could afford it. It was a first class experience.
  • JC2003
    16 years ago
    I prefer upscale when I just feel like looking at eye candy. Seedy clubs for when I want hands-on action.
  • lopaw
    16 years ago
    As much as I like the topless seedy clubs in my area, they only offer laps out in the open, so the girls can't really get too nasty with their dances. The nude upscale clubs offer more privacy & more skin, and that's where I go when I want some action.
  • snowtime
    16 years ago
    AS a general rule the seedier clubs offer the best mileage for the most reasonable price. Consequently I prefer seedier but there are always exceptions. The infamous "Gold Club" in my hometown of Atlanta was very upscale but offered a lot of extras in VERY expensive private rooms. That type of mileage/cost is out of my range so I will stick to cheaper/sleezier clubs. Platinum Plus in Columbia is not what I would refer to as "upscale" but certainly does offer a good high mileage experience in a non seedy club. I do not want valet parking, tuxedo doormen or any other frills when I go strip clubbing. A few cute girls, high mileage, and a secluded private dance area are my only requirements.
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    I totally disagree with Zorro regarding "upscale" -- and challenge him to a Linguistics Duel at the place of his choosing. This Board is not an "Entertainment Venues" board. It is a STRIP CLUB BOARD fer chrissake. So an "Upscale Strip Club" by definition is a STRIP CLUB which has various features associated with the term "upscale". There are numerous "Gentlemen's Clubs" in large cities that fit this definition. They have valet parking, attractive hostesses, burly men in tuxes, sexy-lookin babes often with too much silicone, but also glamorized by marvelous hairdos, gowns, and makeup. The drinks are vastly overpriced, and contact rules are enforced rigorously. I remember an "upscale nude strip club" I visited in Dallas once. A couple of times on the PA system, the DJ announced "We have a Touch and Go policy here: you TOUCH the dancer, you GO" (leave immediately and under duress) Zorro, such an announcement would never be made in an upscale Entertainment Venue, but that is a different genre, my friend. BTW there are a couple of upscale strip clubs in Orlando Florida. Very boring places IMHO. High versus low mileage is not necessarily correlated with seedy-versus-upscale. Snowtime's infamous Gold Club is the perfect example of "Upscale, Expensive, High Mileage Available". Given the choice (that was the point of the question, Shadowcat!) I still vote for SEEDY. Snowtime, I am totally in your camp on this one.
  • zorro
    16 years ago
    arbeeguy, no argument from me, I agree with you. I'm sure the place you described (and I have been to many places like this)considers themselves upscale and classy. I don't ("wow, the high-school-dropout bouncer is wearing a rented tux! I must be in Monte-Carlo!"). My point wasn't that clubs that are considered upscale don't exist, I just don't agree with their self-assessment. I was using a general definition of upscale; strip clubs use a different set of criteria.
  • how
    16 years ago
    On the "Upscale v Seedy" question, I tend to prefer "seedy," but with caveats. The primary reason to go to a club is to get far more than a dance, and "seedy" clubs tend to have higher mileage. But "dirty" is not good when it refers to the furniture and the facilities. I'd like it to be evident that the club management spends at least a little bit on janitorial services. "Upscale" features like fancy food or dress-codes are negatives. I don't care to eat in a strip club, and I do not want to be turned away for wearing comfortable attire. I practice good hygiene and wear clean clothing; that should be enough to merit admittance to a strip club.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    I always enjoy the "we think we're classy" places where anything goes. They have very very nice looking ... from afar ... fake linen table cloths. They have lots of glitz and lighting shows. Anything reflective, shiny, brassy, loud, brazen, or rapidly gyrating? They buy it. Or get the off-brand recycled version of it. And put it in their ad in the back pages of the sports section. Their girls do 69 for half-price. :)
  • FinalLap
    16 years ago
    I think there's a place for both type of club. However, somewhere there's a line between "seedy" or downscale, neighborhood bar type places and "dirty." I don't like dirty. A club doesn't have to be fancy, but it should be clean. And so should the dancers. I know immediately when I don't want to be there. As for super upscale clubs, I think it can be taken too far, as in Vegas. Several clubs are way too fake, way beyond an upscale classy experience. They are simply a ripoff. The best upscale club I've been to is Seville in Minneapolis. Dancers had great personality, spent a lot of time with you, and gave reasonably good dances. Going to a place like that occasionally is a treat. Like renting a fancy car, even when you know the "mileage" isn't as good!
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    seedy - (comparative seedier, superlative seediest) 1. disreputable; run-down To me, not even close to laid back, down scale, neighborhood clubs. Can't see why anyone would wish to visit a truly "seedy" club. This assumes that even the dancers and staff are seedy.
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    Clubber, have you been to a "seedy" strip club? I know you have read reviews of them. That a club is seedy does not mean the dancers and staff are seedy. In fact, our objections to dancers don't even encompass that word. We use words like "too thin" "too fat","too old" "too pushy" crack-whore, ROB, etc. A dancer could be sleazy, but probably not seedy. A club could be sleazy, or seedy, or neither, or both. I mentioned three clubs by name that I consider seedy. One of them, Dollie's Playhouse, has more than its fair share of "objectionable" dancers. But I wouldn't call any of those dancers seedy. And, as is the case in most (not all) so-called "seedy" clubs, there are usually some attractive dancers. I hope this clarifies the issue of "seedy dancers". As for "seedy clubs", I am OK with the term "downscale". One of the real sore points with some of the TUSCLrs is the dirty, smelly bathroom. If that is the worst thing about a club, and it has offsetting advantages, like loose enforcement or non enforcement of various prude-oriented rules, I don't really care whether you call it "downscale" or "seedy" or "dirty smelly ill-kempt bathroom" -- I'll go out of my way to spend some of my hard-earned income on attractive girls in that club.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    arbeeguy, Yes, I have, and left just as soon as my eyes adjusted and I could see the dancers. And I DID state I was applying that to the dancers and staff. Of course a club can any part of it seedy and other parts, just fine. In any case, the topic is "Upscale vs. Seedy", with no mention of the object to which he was referring.
  • how
    16 years ago
    TUSCL_Brother, for some reason, your last post made me think of a funny song by Bloodhound Gang called "A Lapdance is so Much Better when the Stripper is Crying" from their album "Hooray for Boobies." For the record, I disagree with the "thesis" of their song; I prefer when she's moaning, or emitting sighs and anxious whispers in a slow, steady rhythm.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion