tuscl

Authorities seek to clean-up bikini coffee stands

pop
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
Friday, September 25, 2009 6:30 PM
Five female employees at the Bikini Hut, an Everett espresso stand, have been charged with prostitution following a lengthy undercover investigation by Everett police. A sixth barista who works for the same company in the Lynwood area was arraigned Thursday on an indecent-exposure charge. Since July, a group of undercover Everett police officers has frequented the Grab-N-Go stand near Everett Mall after complaints that baristas were exposing themselves for cash or working completely nude, according to an Everett police report. The undercover officers who paid extra say the female baristas stripped naked, fondling each other and exposing themselves, according to a police report. A $20 "whip cream show" featured a barista licking whipped cream off a co-worker's groin and breast, police allege. Baristas also charged to play "basketball," in which customers threw wadded cash, and baristas caught it in underwear or bikini bottoms, police said. [view link]

10 comments

• MisterGuy
    15 years ago
    "Makes you wonder how many crimes were overlooked while the police conducted their 'lengthy' investigation." Exactly...lol... "The barista charged with indecent exposure, Bridget Barnhouse, 26, was seen 'shaking her butt' toward traffic July 10 while outside the stand at 11323 Highway 99, court papers say. The Snohomish woman was wearing a G-string and pasties, charges allege." Come on...what a bunch of prudes...haven't these officials ever been to a public beach??
  • txtittyfan
    15 years ago
    At least the Barista's were not playing football, encouraging the patrons to put one between the uprights.
  • jablake
    15 years ago
    "But then I read in the paper that she didn't think cops should be chasing after someone for merely having crack cocaine because she didn't think that was a crime. Not a crime? She is crazy." Not a crime at all. Stripping and prostitution are more real crimes than crack cocaine. Before I hear whimpering that it is addictive----you can do the same sensationalism with alcohol. My family on my mother's side has alcoholism that is just as bad or worse than crack addiction. BTW, if you look at the numbers and love government it makes a whole hell of a lot of sense to ban alcohol and smoking. And, you think crack cocaine is a crime, then alcohol for damn sure is under that type mentality. No, I've never tried crack cocaine----it seems like there is a genetic problem. Whites (I'm white) seem almost universally not to have fun with the crack---they don't like it. Legal bs isn't the issue for the whites that I know because they happily do other illegal drugs. Just because other whites didn't like crack kept me from trying? Not at all, but it was an influence. I've tried cocaine and didn't like it at all---it is nasty even when people you know are loving it telling you how wonderful it is. Not everyone reacts to drugs in the same manner. I'd pay NOT to take cocaine---it is like bad food---just put it in the garbage. Fear of addiction? Gee, I got to see addiction first hand repeatedly. That for me, it is a zero deterrence because just as I can see addicts left right and center I also see people who aren't addicted even a little. Want to jump on the government's one size fits all train? Be my guest. Want to jump on the government's fear train? Be my guest. I say that because unfortunately most people, imo, are far better off letting their government do the thinking for them----you know a statesman such as Senator Kennedy or even an imbecile such as President Bush.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    What, no mug shots?
  • casualguy
    15 years ago
    Advertisement: Come to Seattle "Drug deals going down, robbers breaking into homes and cars, people jaywalking across the street, hey it's a free for all, the cops are too busy watching the girls in bikinis." Really though I am glad to see some cities have plenty of money and they can afford to hire police to watch girls in bikinis and even conduct extensive investigations. I'm just glad I'm not paying their taxes to support all of that. It's things like that that remind me of one crazy mayor in a small town not far from me. I saw on the news where she looked crazy in response to a reporter coming to ask her some questions. She made it sound like she was on welfare even though she was the mayor. The reporter came to ask why she didn't allow the cops to chase after robbery suspects. She issued a new policy that police could not chase after criminals. A police officer hurt his foot chasing someone and was collecting workers comp which was driving up costs for the city. Anyway,she dropped that policy recently. But then I read in the paper that she didn't think cops should be chasing after someone for merely having crack cocaine because she didn't think that was a crime. Not a crime? She is crazy. Sometimes I think what is considered criminal activity is only in the eye of the local crazy people. Someone thinks wearing bikinis while serving coffee should be a crime, then they have police conduct investigations. Someone else thinks merely having crack cocaine is not a crime, she orders police not to chase after criminals if they run. By the way, she dropped that policy and said the police could jump, run, jog, whatever they want to do while chasing after criminals now.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Grab N Go. Good name for a strip club.
  • CTQWERTY
    15 years ago
    HA! I knew this would happen when Rick's went straight.
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    Makes you wonder how many crimes were overlooked while the police conducted their "lengthy" investigation.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    This sounds like it would fit in well into a tourist city outside the US. (Amsterdam, etc.)
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    pop, I read the same [view link] the past there have been other business's to try this [view link] washes, doughnut shops. Even barber shops. But it was just eye candy.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion