tuscl

The food was great

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 4:47 AM
Is it just me, or is every review that mentions that the food was great or remembers anything at all about the bouncer, DJ, or manager a complete tip-off that the review was fake? I mean, c'mon, half of the time I go to the clubs, I can barely even remember the name of the girl who rubbed her naked body all over me, let alone anyone male in the establishment.

9 comments

• BobbyI
    16 years ago
    LOL! True.

Probably a fake review, or, if you do notice these things as opposed to which girls did what to you, a super shitty club!
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    JC2003,

I recall someone (Founder?) asking that reviews include such details. On my first review of a club, I try to give some details, but after that, I'm with you, unless there is a change in the details.
  • chasman
    16 years ago
    I've put plenty of stuff about DJ's in my reviews, almost all of it very, very bad. I've left clubs because of shitty DJ's and always appreciate a warning from a fellow monger.

Any review that mentions a _good_ DJ in a strip club, in any context other than being silent or built by Werlitzer, is fake.
  • Philip A. Stein
    16 years ago
    Are you calling me out?!

I quite often eat lunch at SC so I usually mention the food in those reviews. I think I do a good job with the rest of the info. Feel free to critique my reviews.
  • Yoda
    16 years ago
    I will always mention waitress or barmaid service in a review. Doormen, bouncers and DJ's all ad to the experience as well. I don't go around getting names or anything like that but if I wait an hour for a drink I will mention it. If the DJ is too loud I will mention it etc...etc. I am not reviewing only the dancers. I am reviewing the club that they dance in as well.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    First of all I do not go to strip clubs for food. I eat before I go or after wards.

In GA, if you serve liquor, you must offer food. I did once. Burger and fries. No better or worse that you would expect anywhere else.

In SC, None of the 4 clubs that I have visited, Offered food from a menu. My favorite club offers a free buffet on Wed, Thu, and Fri, during the afternoon and during Monday night foot ball offers free Brats, etc. The club does not cook it. It is catered. Best I can say about it is, it's free.

40 years ago there was a club in El Segundo, CA. The Wild Goose. It was not free but they offered an outstanding lunch buffet and they are still doing it. Back me up Lopaw!

Most unusual food I have ever encountered at a US strip club was at the Pink Pony South in Forest Park GA. A suburb of Atlanta. Trograngreg and I went there shortly after they opened about 6 months ago. They have a Sushi Bar located directly above the main stage. Who's tuna are you smelling? We won't be back.

• arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    I guarantee that not all reviews that mention food are fake. I have mentioned food a couple of times, and I have only submitted one fake review in my entire tenure at TUSCL and that was several years ago when I was stupid. (Well, I'm still STUPID, I guess, but I didn't feel good about that fake review.) But I didn't mention any food in that review.
  • lopaw
    16 years ago
    SCat,
    You'll be happy to know that not only is The Wild Goose still going strong after 40+ years, but their food is still awesome. Where else can you get an enormous steak lunch (with all the fixins') for $5.99 in Los Angeles? And it's really GOOD. And their ladies, of course, make for a fine dessert after you've stuffed yourself full of all that good red meat. Ahhhh......it's nice that some things are still reliable after all these years!
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    lowpaw: If you didn't like pussy as much as I do, I would fly out there and take you to lunch at the Wild Goose.

For you hungry mongers: It is 5 minutes from LAX. Just go out Century Blvd, turn right on Aviation and you are there.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion