tuscl

Bernie Mac dies at 50

Saturday, August 9, 2008 4:22 PM
Comedian Bernie Mac died this morning in Chicago after a long hospitalization from pneumonia. He was only 50. Dont know if there are any Kings of Comedy fans but I thought this was sad. I was a huge fan

12 comments

• deogol
    16 years ago
    Oh damn - that sucks ass! I am a fan of his - including his "reality" show "Bernie Mac." What a shame. I thought he was really funny.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    What's up with that? Pneumonia isn't necessarily a killer any more, not with draining tubes and intensive care and antibiotics. I mean, little old ladies without adequate access to medical care, yes; Bernie Mac, no. There's more to this story ...
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Big fan here too wondergrl5. I was shocked when I heard. Another good comedian who will be missed.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    Mac suffered from sarcoidosis, an inflammatory lung disease that produces tiny lumps of cells in the body's organs, but had said the condition went into remission in 2005. He recently was hospitalized and treated for pneumonia, which his publicist said was not related to the disease.
  • clubman2
    16 years ago
    Really liked him and his brand of humor. He will be missed.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    The weird part is that I had a dream with Bernie Mac in it the other day. I was walking through a construction yard (why I have no idea), and I passed Bernie (I guess before he was famous? - I don't think that he ever did construction though) and said "Hi, Mr. Mac". He looked at me funny like "how does that guy know who I am?"...weird...
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Not even sure who he was. Did he own strip clubs(keeping on topic)?
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    Original king of comedy clubber. Also was in oceans eleven To keep on topic-he was a frequent clubber.
  • dennyspade
    16 years ago
    Bernie Mac was a guy who grew up poor in Chicago and was a fixture in Black Comedy Clubs for years before getting his big break. He was forever humble and thankful to those who helped him on his climb. He lived about 10 minutes from me and we always enjoyed how he "kept it real," Strip Club or not -- "CLUBBER" =- You may recall him as the proprietor in "The Player's Club." If you wanna see how Black-owned Strip Clubs foster " mo'drama for ya mama ..." you should rent through Netflix or Blockbusters and feel as though "we have kept on topic." Some of us just lost a friend.
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    Hell he taiught us all the origin of "motherfucker" best bit ever. Damn this sucks he really brought joy to so many
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    hell i may use the term more often
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    wondergrl5, "Oceans Eleven", a film I enjoyed. He played a great part, but I didn't recall his name. I missed the strip club scene in the movie, however.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion