tuscl

"Chi-townLawyer" - if you read this

Thursday, July 10, 2008 2:54 PM
I need a small favor, sorry to ask but I don't have much choice at this point. Yes my board credibility (to the normal posters) does matter to me

13 comments

• BobbyI
    16 years ago
    I don't think you've handled this situation very well. I actually enjoyed the seed spreading posts and I bet there are at least a couple of others who did as well. Although njcsfan's posts were a bit damaging to your credibility, they were certainly far from conclusive. My own feeling at the time was they had a long way to go before they proved anything. And, honestly, I can't even recall them now. I think it would have been better if you just had faith in readers here to see that there was a ways to go from the njcsfan's posts to disproving anything about you. Plus many probably did not even read them at all. I think the better approach would have been just continue posting, and not over react. If your posts were good, in time njcsfan's posts would have been forgotten. Flailing around like you are now is doing far more to hurt your credibility than anything njcsfan or anyone posted. And now (not before your counter-attack) because of this you might really be at the end of the line.
  • David9999
    16 years ago
    No Bobbyl since its within board rules, I am going to make the request to Chi-town. It will involve absolutely no identity issue for him at all, and will literally take at most 3 to 5 minutes in total. However I respect your opinion. The cross-check will be done be done in such a way even to avoid the issue jablake mentioned the other day. If he does what I ask and then posts the results it will end the matter as far as I am concerned and the bashers can continue their nonsensical attacks, probably on income or spending issues or whatever other bullshit they insist on posting. Ambiguities should be eliminated in life where ever possible, and this is one example.
  • David9999
    16 years ago
    Additional note to Chi-town, I constructed a way it can be done that very carefully will avoid any identity issue for you at all. I will have no way of knowing or finding out you're identity in any way. Yes by necessity I will be giving you my identity, however I am not worried about that issue in your case. So please post on here if you read this. I will be back on the board probably several times later today
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    I hope chitown refuses this request because it is fun to watch this fool twisting in the wind.
  • njscfan
    16 years ago
    True that. Guessing his age at 15 may have been generous. I don't think I could manipulate a 12 year this easily. I'm with shadowcat -- if this guy were a lawyer, I wouldn't let him represent my pet turtle accused of speeding in traffic court.
  • chitownlawyer
    16 years ago
    Ok, I've read this...what's up?
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    There is such a thing as a private message set up already on here if you don't want everyone reading these messages. I must not have read about what's going on. Is it funny or entertaining? As far as credibility on here, I don't think I would care that much if someone on here thought I was an ex con and dancer boyfriend or a multi-millionaire or the anti-christ himself. If they did think that, I would just assume they are crazy.
  • BobbyI
    16 years ago
    Ok, well good luck. I'm hoping it all works out for you and you get your credibility back!
  • arbeeguy
    16 years ago
    Whoever is posting as "David9999" may have personal issues that none of the rest of us can even begin to comprehend. If he is this touchy on an anonymous board, I wonder what his real life must be like? Since everybody on this board is anonymous BY CHOICE what difference does it make to David9999 or anybody else? This is not a rhetorical question. I am actually curious to know - if there is an answer.
  • njscfan
    16 years ago
    arbeeguy: I think there is an answer to your non-rhetorical question. I agree it's mental, but like it or not some guys post on this board to receive some kind of reaffirmation. They use this as a form of "friendship" or community, perhaps in extreme cases even as a substitute for friendship in the real world. So for some tusclers, getting the other guys to agree how wonderful you are is part of the goal. I don't think David is the only person like this on the board -- look at some of the lengthy articles people have written about their personal lives. Why would you do that if you were not seeking in some fashion the approval of others? I just think David is a very, very extreme case of neediness that has crossed the line into truly nutty behavior.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    "look at some of the lengthy articles people have written about their personal lives. Why would you do that if you were not seeking in some fashion the approval of others?" Venting? Working on writing skills? Entertainment? Depression? Comparison? Seems like there are a lot of reasons . . . There is a tendency to think that others think as we do . . . I don't know how many times I've heard the "trophy theory," or the "looks are irrelevant mantra," or the "government is the people," or the "soldiers are heroes," or etc., but it isn't the way I see things.
  • jablake
    16 years ago
    "Since everybody on this board is anonymous BY CHOICE what difference does it make to David9999 or anybody else? This is not a rhetorical question. I am actually curious to know - if there is an answer." Seems like there are many answers. If I believed that I could help people with some insight and it was met with abuse, then I might feel very hurt. Might result in my working triple time to get credibility. Generally, I believe being a nice guy is a ticket to missing out on too many hayrides. Surprise of surprises, my advice to the teenager seems to have worked some type of miracle. It is a shock because I didn't see that at my age (times are a lot different, now) and my significant failures at his age, that my advice would have any effect. Hell, the girl advice I got from oldsters when I was young was worthless.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Let me answer in short. 4 Years ago I had my full name and address posted on here from a disgruntled ex dancer. She stole the information from private correspondence with my only true ATF. In the short time that I knew her (6 months) we had only talked 2 or 3 times and there was never any controversially. Point being that nothing bad ever came from it. What, Me worry?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion