tuscl

Hotel Cascadas - what can I expect!

JayhawkJohn
Missouri
Fellow mongers! I am going to TJ in November. I'll be there on Mon/Tues nights. My plan is to stay at Cascadas, and I've picked up details reading many reviews, but I'd love to know the basics. I gather I'll get a wristband, have to get frisked (a lot), pay barfines after each hour. But I have some random questions:

Do I need to pay a deposit? Will it be refunded? Do they stock a fridge? Is food good at restaurant/sports bar? Can I take any girl to my room (or just HK/TB?

Thanks guys. I'll take any information/advice. I've been to TJ many times, and have stayed at Hotel Ticuan, just never stayed at the hub!

9 comments

• Jascoi
    10 days ago
    cash deposit required for the 8 overpriced drinks in fridge.
    Food usually pretty decent in azul and sende norte. (Around the corner of tropical bar.)
    You can take any girl from any bar that is willing to go to your room (that has proper ID).
    Presently the street is tore up in front of Hong Kong.I'm not sure if it's sewer or water lines or whatever.
  • JayhawkJohn
    10 days ago
    Jascoi - thanks for the information!
  • OPIllini96
    10 days ago
    Get a VIP card at HK for $70. The card will give you a 70% discount on your room for Monday and Tuesday nights. It’ll also provide one free drink every 12 hours and you’ll get discounts on meals at Azul restaurant as well. The card is good for three months.
  • JayhawkJohn
    10 days ago
    Thanks OP! So, grab the card at HK, then go reserve a room? Or, do I have to reserve the room online?
  • Jascoi
    9 days ago
    reserve room online first.
    no payment needed
  • devl_dawgg
    9 days ago
    The $50 deposit is for the junk in the mini fridge and you pay that on check in and they will refund it at check-out.

They sell VIP cards at Cascadas right next to the check-in desk.

Yes, you'll get frisked each time you enter the hotel.

There is an OXXO across the street from HK. I'd suggest that you go there and pick up water, liquor etc. Much cheaper than the mini fridge in Cascadas.
  • devl_dawgg
    9 days ago
    The wrist band gets you free entry to HK. That shouldn't be an issue on Mon/Tue. In my experience they only charge a cover on the weekend.
  • JayhawkJohn
    9 days ago
    Thank you Devl! I've reserved my room and can't wait for my trip. The VIP card is a great deal!
  • justinyoo
    4 days ago
    The VIP card I believe can only be used once a day in Azul for the discount. That is what they told me, no big deal overall.
    If I could provide advice, don't be nervous to ask any girl if they want to have a beer with you who you like looks/vibe whatever. I have never seen or been rejected or had issues. Basically, enjoy and have fun in there, just hold yourself and treat everyone with respect. When you sit for a drink, you will see if you vibe. Everyone likes different things. If you know the girl isn't what you are looking for, don't be shy and say no more beer to the waiter when they come and ask and say thanks to the girl for her time. It is not a problem.
    Again, treat waiters, staff and girls with respect and relax and be open to adult fun, good talk, drinks etc.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion