tuscl

TJ without speaking Español?

Just curious if people would have a great experience without speaking Español. Used to try wandering in Puerto Rico but had a bad experience outside of San Juan area. Any thoughts?

3 comments

• RonJax2
    17 days ago
    My first time in TJ, I spoke only a few phrases of Spanish like "Gracias" and "Me llamo Ron. ¿Como te llamas?"

I had an absolute blast. I found one chica who was fluent in English and spent time with her, but also arriba'd several chicas who didn't speak any English. When there's a language barrier, it's actually pretty fun because physical touch is like the best way to communicate.

I've since been heavily practicing my Spanish, and I'm now at a decent conversational level. That's fun too, it's fun to be able to get to know the chicas. But it can also be a liability, for example, I find myself buying more fichas now just to chit chat with a chica, whereas with no Spanish, fichas would quickly devolve into grinding / dances / foreplay. It's also worth noting, that if you have something important to communicate, google translate is always available.

In short, you'll be fine in TJ without any Español. I think it would be worthwhile to learn just a few phrase in Spanish just to show a little respect. Like, spend just a few hours doing the basics on Duolingo or Babel. If you're interested in learning more, I wrote an article, A Monger's Guide to Spanish, you can find it here: https://tuscl.net/article/60222
  • TJ Walker
    17 days ago
    If you try wandering outside of the Zona Norte area, and looking for civie women, you could get a bad experience as well.
  • Jascoi
    15 days ago
    Certainly knowing Spanish is a asset but not a requirement.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion