tuscl

US arrests Mexican drug lord 'El Mayo' and El Chapo's son in Texas

RonJax2
Strip Club Connoisseur
Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/m…

For anyone whose watched Narcos: Mexico or El Chapo, El Mayo and Guzman Lopez featured prominently. I wonder, WTF were these guys thinking coming to Texas?

What impact will this have on La Zona Norte? I think I would probably have my head 10% more on a swivel if I were traveling there this month.

13 comments

• CJKent_band
    3 months ago
    @RonJax2

I will play along and comment on your discussion.

The “arrest” was arranged by the USA, as the CIA controls all the drug trafficking inside and outside of America.

These guys, as you call them, just follow orders from the CIA without knowing it.

To answer your question:

Q: What impact will this have on La Zona Norte?

A: No impact at all, La Zona Northe will be business as usual.

Just be careful out there.

And remember Pics and Vids or it didn’t happen.

:D
  • OPIllini96
    3 months ago
    https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c4ng4g…

Was wondering the same thing. Any guys going to TJ over the next 7-10 days need to be extra cautious and aware. Seems that when a major cartel leader gets arrested, said cartel more often than not use shows of strength (burning cars, blocking roads, etc.) to let the locals know that they're still in charge.

That said, given the increased security in the Zona Norte, unlikely anything happens to mongers. Still, I'd be on the lookout and take extra precautions just in case.
  • misterorange
    3 months ago
    Gimme a ham and cheese, hold the El Mayo.
  • funonthaside
    3 months ago
    El Paso is far from TJ. And, the cartels have a deep bench, so it's not like the Sinaloa guys got locked up, and everyone is now thinking, "cool, we can now make a move for control of TJ". On the other hand, the Sinaloa guys may decide to exhibit a show of force to remind everyone they still rule the town. In that case, maybe there will be some chaos forthcoming. But, this has been going on for decades.
  • wld4tatas
    3 months ago
    Great achievement by the Biden administration. We'll have to see how this translates to an improved border situation, but it can only help. These are the cartels behind the fentanyl border smuggling.
  • skibum609
    3 months ago
    Lmao at great achievement.
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    We took two of the world's biggest narcoterrorists into custody without firing a shot. That sounds like an achievement to me. I can't wait for Narcos: Mexico season IV where they explain how that went down. (Again, WTF were theses guys even doing in El Paso?)

• skibum609
    3 months ago
    Yes, I am sure the drug trade has now ended for good lol.
  • RonJax2
    3 months ago
    No, this doesn't end the drug trade, just the reign of terror of the Sinaloa cartel.

Just read some interesting reporting from the NY Times. By their account, it was El Chapo's sun, Guzman López who lured El Mayo accross the border. https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/25/world…

> Mr. Guzmán López had persuaded Mr. Zambada García to join him on the flight by saying they were going to look at real estate, officials said, but the plane instead headed north across the border.

> According to some U.S. officials, Joaquin Guzmán López was trying to help his brother Ovidio, who was already in U.S. custody, when he invited Mr. Zambada García onto the plane.
  • skibum609
    3 months ago
    ^ I have read the same in 2 other sources. Guessing it is true.
  • gammanu95
    3 months ago
    I heard the news this morning and laughed out loud when I heard el Chapo's kid was flipped on the other guy. There is not a deep enough WITSEC hole to hide that guy in.
    Great achievement? You're stuck on stupid.
    End the Sinaloa? Get real.
    It means nothing in the long run.
  • Rightfield
    3 months ago
    One thing I know for sure is that there is one pissed off son of a bitch sitting in a prison cell right now. He might be so mad he can kill his betrayer telepathically.

"The Lady in Red". Why anyone would cooperate with the US government after hearing her story is a mystery to me.

Betrayal is a motherfucker. And yet all parties practice it, on both sides of the law.
  • TJ Walker
    3 months ago
    The zona 2 blocks around HK is heavily patrolled by National Guard troops with mounted turret on pickup trucks years round. There's also a Marine mobile base in 3 blocks, these guys are the commandos.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion