tuscl

Renovations - Cascadas

Thursday, July 25, 2024 5:45 PM
Going to make a visit starting 8/19 and was wondering if the new elevators are done, renovations are done and what is the result?
Do they now have elevators from the "front lobby" that goes up all the way instead of stopping in the 7th floor and then you have to walk up? I heard/ read somewhere (this could be a false rumor) that they were building an elevator from the club level to hotel levels, I'm guessing with the Las Chavelas renovations, not sure if that is happening or even true.
Hoping if renovations are done, it would be quieter although the last trip I took wasn't bad at all.

7 comments

• RonJax2
    a month ago
    I think they're still working on it. The back half of Las Chavelas was still closed for construction when I was there last in late June, I think that's where the elevator is supposed to come out.

My last trip I stayed at Rizo instead of Cascadas, and it was so much better from a noise perspective. I would definitely recommend the Rizo over Cascadas right now.
  • PutaTester
    a month ago
    I don't think there will ever be a passage for mongers between HK and Cascadas. Might be for staff. Mexican law says they cannot be connected. Which of course makes perfect sense...not.

Has the construction at Cascadas ever stopped? Have the elevators ever worked properly? There is an elevator on the alley side that goes to the top. It is past the reception desk.
  • TJVisitor23
    a month ago
    The back alley elevators are the ones I prefer. Gives you two options at least, whichever shows up first.
  • justinyoo
    a month ago
    @PutaTester - I was there back in April and the new elevators were completed, they were just doing the tile work on each level. The elevators were located in between (in the hallway) the front elevators that went up only to the 7th and the back elevators (one is technically service) that went to the top.
    So I was asking about those new ones as I wasn't sure what lobby or if those led to the club.
    Regardless, I'll report back if nobody knows after Aug 19th when I go. Thanks
  • PutaTester
    a month ago
    Justin, I haven’t been in Cascades for about six months and that was on a Tuesday night (for the big discounts). Used to be a regular before they made up a bunch of rules and raised prices. They are always changing something, so it is never quite between the chicas clomping down the halls, other mongers playing music in their rooms at ear-splitting levels, and construction beginning at 7:00 am, no rest for this old horse.

My last VIP card has expired and the math says for one or two nights a month, it isn’t worth it, unless I can get there Monday or Tuesday. I have enough putas on speed dial willing to see me OTC that Cascades or Rizo are the right choice only when I will arrive very late and I am hunting for putas to add to my roster.
  • Powerman02
    a month ago
    I was there last month and the two new elevators are complete and functioning. They are only to the back (alley) side and only go to the same hotel entrance as the other two on that side.

There may be more to the plan eventually. But at least it was nice not to have to wait anywhere near as long as before.
  • justinyoo
    a month ago
    @Powerman - thanks for the update. 4 elevators on the alley side now. Nice! Thanks for the update.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion