tuscl

Greatest movie line ever

AbbieNormal
Maryland
Just to cut the tension, and since a lot of Stripes quotes are being thrown around. Me, I think it's a no brainer.

Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

28 comments

• shadowcat
    16 years ago
    "I'll be back" - CA governor
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Not even close! Check this out on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8sX10…

THAT is the greatest!
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Well after typing the whole URL, I was advised that the movie was not available at this time. It would be nice to be just able to click on a URL without having to type it but I know of Founders worries about copyright infringements.
  • AbbieNormal
    16 years ago
    Seen it, I was trying to be nice.

I'll be back? OK, decent, but come on, it is the equivalent of "fuck you, I'll kill you later." But delivered by a machine it loses all meaning beyond irony. "Leave the gun. Take the canolli." The pathos, the emotion, the humanity, and the pure simple utilitarian view of death compete to make it a pure expression of the human condition.
  • founder
    16 years ago
    They took the bar!?! The whole fucking bar?!?
    Bluto Blutarski, Animal House
  • ClevelandTom
    16 years ago
    At the start of the movie Quick Change, Bill Murray walks down a New York City street dressed like a clown. The camera shoots a wide shot of him walking by a strip club. All you can hear is the barker outside. . . "Nuuuuudddeee Women. Nuuuuuddddeee Women. Clooowwwnnnnnss Welcome. Clooowwwwnnnssss Welcome. Nuuuuuudddeee Women."

It is the only fitting quote I have tonight.

• Zerzan
    16 years ago
    "That's right, I've killed women and children. Killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill..."

Clint Eastwood, "Unforgiven"
  • Dudester
    16 years ago
    "This is the 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world. It'll blow your head clean off. I know what's running through your mind, did he fire five shots, or six? To tell you the truth, in all the excitement I lost count myself. You just have to ask yourself this one question-'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"
  • snowtime
    16 years ago
    Founder beat me to the movie. Virtually every line in "Animal House" would qualify, but the one I liked best is when Bluto tells Flounder "you fucked up."
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    It looks, after all, as if you will see Berlin before I do.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Some other thoughts:

... offer he can't refuse (however it goes) ...
    ... Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn ...
    ... Stella! ...
    ... Use the Force, Luke ...
    ... I am Spartacus! No! I am Spartacus! No! I am ...
    ... Play it, Sam. (No, he didn't say "again.") ...

and one more for the ages:

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more!
  • Zerzan
    16 years ago
    Woody Allen - in the company of two women talking about occasionally having "really bad orgasms".

Allen says, "Really? I don't think I've ever had a really bad orgasm. In fact, my worst orgasm was pretty much right near the top."
  • snowtime
    16 years ago
    A few classics to add to Bookguy's list:
    "I guess we're not in Kansas anymore"
    "Rosebud"
    "E.T. phone home"
  • motorhead
    16 years ago
    so many to choose from.....

--Houston, we have a problem
    --Yippy, kay-yay, motherfucker
    --You're gonna need a bigger boat
    --Food fight!
    --We've got ourselves a quarterback (Remember the Titans)
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    "Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers!"
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    shadowcat,

I just cut and pasted the URL, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8sX10…, and it worked without a problem.
  • pop
    16 years ago
    I haven't seen a beatin' like that since somebody stuck a banana in my pants and turned a monkey loose.
  • imnumnutz
    16 years ago
    there's tons of good lines in "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly." Fer instance...
    Clint Eastwood and Eli Wallach (playing a dispicable but slightly comical bad guy) are closing in on Lee Van Cleef. But Van Cleef escapes, leaving a body behind with a note attached to it. Wallach, whose character can barely read, tries to read it anyway. "See you soon idy...idy..." Clint grabs it and reads it..."See you soon idiots." He quickly looks to wallach and says, "It's for you."
  • motorhead
    16 years ago
    This is from the X-Files television show, not a movie, but it is still one of may favorites:

Mulder (from season 1, Ice) as he is preparing for a physical exam --

"Before anyone passes judgment, may I remind you, we are in the Arctic"
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    "There is no try. There is only do and not do."
  • CarolinaWanderer
    16 years ago
    "Either he's dead, or my watch has stopped." A Day at the Races, Groucho Marx.

"Why, a four-year-old child could understand this report. Run out and find me a four-year-old child. I can't make head or tail of it." Duck Soup, Groucho Marx

• jac10781
    16 years ago
    That sucks you put some pretty damn good quotes out there. I not sure how mine stacks up. It's from Devil's Advocate when Al Pacino is talking to Keanu Reeves at the end trying to persuade him to have sex with a woman when his wife just died. Reeves asks him " what about love" and Pacino replies " Love? Biochemically no different then large amounts of chocolate".
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Another Pacino:

In "Angels in America" (extra-long 3-part maxi-drama about gays in the Reagan era in NYC surviving AIDS; highly recommended; get the HBO film of it). Pacino plays some Washington operative who is famous for being a closeted gay, and openly opposed to "immorality" and therefore among the inner circle of the moral-majority types. He says, to the young up-and-coming Mormon who's kind of his protege when the kid questions a certain unethical deal:

DO YOU WANT TO BE RIGHT, OR DO YOU WANT TO BE EFFECTIVE?
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Heres one of mine. This is from the David Lynch movie Blue Velvet:

"I'll send you a love letter straight from my heart fuck. Do you know what a love letter is? It's a bullet from a fucking gun. You get a love letter from me, you're fucked forever. I'll send you straight to hell fucker."
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Also from "Casablanca:"

Major, there are some parts of New York I would't try to invade if I were you.
  • ShotDisc
    16 years ago
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!
  • ShotDisc
    16 years ago
    You fucked up! You trusted us!
  • BaddJack
    16 years ago
    "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."--The Princess Bride, delivered in perfectly over-the-top fake Spanish accent by a non-singing Mandy Patinkin. Great movie. Great line.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion