tuscl

Budgeting or spend crazy?

gk
Florida
Thursday, April 10, 2008 1:46 PM
I spend a lot on this hobby every month both on drinks and dances. So I decided to bring some discipline to my endeavors by giving myself a budget for each visit. Nothing out of the ordinary about that, I suppose. But what I sometimes do is literally take no more cash than that with me. So sometimnes I am "hoovered" out, so to speak, but by design (leaving a few dollar bills for a comfort zone, but otherwise no more big money). This way I focus on the best dancers and the best outcomes. Of course, ATMs sometimes interfere with my discipline. So, if you're a regular at this like me, do you budget, spend crazy, always leave with cash or what?

5 comments

• jablake
    16 years ago
    I use to budget, but after having a lot of money stolen from me (not by dancers) my financial discipline isn't there. Also, every once in a blue moon a perfect dancer will appear and I hate to lose that opportunity so I don't usually limit how much I bring to the club. BTW, when I say a lot of money that is very relative. I was talking with a married couple who had to flee their country and the theft of their money was a big deal to them, but they couldn't relate to those not of their financial standing. Therefore, if another married couple told them about having their entire life savings of $1,000 or $10,000 or $100,000 stolen, then the response would be that's peanuts--you didn't suffer anything. :) So normal. :)
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    I think it's important to have an amount in mind that you want to spend in advance of your trips out. I try to bring enuff money for my entire night out, but if I go to multiple clubs in one night, I might have to hit an ATM. I try to avoid the in-club ATMs though if I can as their fees can be outrageous.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    I always take more than I expect to spend but my ATM is in my truck.
  • quimby
    16 years ago
    I always go to a club with the idea of spending all of the money that I put in my pocket. (The definition of a good strip club is one that I walk out of - broke and shoeless....)
  • gk
    16 years ago
    I think Quimby and I are on the same page. Go with the intention of spending everything in your pocket. Know what you want to do and fund it in advvance. When you're done, you're done. --gk
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion