tuscl

Talk about hot dancers???

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

SHREVEPORT, La. — A dancer caught fire on stage, and the fire department said her flame-blowing routine violated the city's fire code.

Fire investigators told officials at the Deja Vu Hustler Club on Monday that they had been violating the fire code, said Brian Crawford, assistant to the fire chief.

"Apparently this had been occurring for some time, and as the burn injury brought it to our attention, we acted immediately," he said.

Paramedics were called to the club about 4:30 a.m. Friday. They took a 31-year-old dancer to the hospital; she was treated for second-degree burns on her face and neck, and released.

The club did not have a permit for indoor pyrotechnics, and investigators said it probably would not be allowed one if it applied, Crawford said.

Managers said they would comply.

6 comments

• wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    Damn I wonder if that is the dancer who was recently featured on a documentary
  • parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    Amazing what a senile old man finds humorous...
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    I've seen quite a few dancer play with fire. Can't say I've seen any burn themselves, however.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    Hope she has a full recovery.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    Whenever I see dancers play with fire in some dumpy, old roadhouse of a club, I think of The Station fire in RI and make a mental note of the nearest exit.
  • minnow
    16 years ago
    Back in the 90's, Venus Delite, a feature performer did fire breathing act- no problems.(Personally saw it @ Deja Vu club). She was also on HBO special on strippers, and I think showed her fire breathing act, too. Venus also appeared in several mags, and has won her fair share of beauty contests, so the fire breathing act was but 1 other part of her vast repertoire.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion