tuscl

Silver Slipper Saloon #3 in the Nation???

harrydave
New Jersey
Friday, March 28, 2008 3:09 AM
Just looked at top 40 list and was shocked by the ascent of Silver Slipper in Ottawa, IL. Read the reviews. For some reason a string of guys have given high ratings for a club that appears to be only average. I especially like the review.."this was my first time at a strip club"...with a 10 rating. Where is the override switch?

14 comments

• MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    Did it come out of nowhere or something? The Midwest isn't really on my radar. It sounds like a no touch or one-way touch club too. I suspect that it merely recently got enough reviews to be rated in the Top 40 (?). What's the deal p-man?
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    I've been there. FWIW, I have family in that area. It has very hot girls, especially in comparison to the Lamplighter, the other club in Ottawa. It is certainly a much nicer building, for what that's worth. It is, however, only one way contact in lapdances, and there is no private booths, so its all out in the open, although that's upstairs and the main action takes place downstairs. Although I think of it as a good club, it isn't the third best club in the country and when I'm in the area, I'm actually more likely to go to the Lamplighter, even though the quality of the girls there is probably less, on average.
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    One more thing, purely about mathematics. The last 4 reviews all gave it an 8, so since it sits at 8.77, they have all actually downgraded it, plus with a smaller sample size, a really bad review would probably kill it more than a bad review would kill Platinum Plus, for instance.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    In my last review for Platinum Plus, I gave it a "1" rating just to illistrate this point. It had no effect on the club rating.
  • harrydave
    16 years ago
    I'm guessing the minimum number of reviews for a club to be considered for the list is 10. So all it takes is a few guys to pump it up, whereas a club with 100 reviews just can't be nudged very far up or down. IMHO, ten reviews is too few. A really good club, regardless of location, will attract the guys, and the reviews will come in. So clubs with many reviews "tend" to be better. Any club with only 12 reviews (like Silver Slipper) is either brand new,relatively unpopular, or patronized entirely by guys without Internet connections. Anyway, I just want that top 40 list to be credible; and sometimes I look at it and start planning a trip to someplace new. But probably not Ottawa, Illinois!!
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    I've wondered before out loud about how many reviews (recent?) that it takes to get on one of the lists on this site. I think it's higher than 10, but who knows? How high should it be? Clubs that get a lot of reviews are not immune by any means from shilling though IMO. The Lampliter is apparently #40 on the Top 40 Nude clubs BTW.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    The information on the top 40 lists are some what misleading. The number of reviews should actually read number of reviewers. For instance Platinum plus shows 136 reviews but if you go to the club page you will find that the club actually has a total of 217 reviews. I believe that the minimum number of reviewers is 8. I didn't check it but I'll guess that Silver Slipper has more than just 12 reviews but only by 12 reviewers
  • snowtime
    16 years ago
    I don't think this club deserves to be no.3 based on the reviews I read. However, I am not particularly bothered by it since I can read the reviews and make up my own mind as to where it should be ranked. Most of the top 40 clubs deserve their status and I suspect this one will drop in time as more reviews come in.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    For whatever it's worth, the SSS currently has 19 total reviews & 13 total reviewers (the same number that shows up on the Top 40 list).
  • dennyspade
    16 years ago
    Dandy Dan and Parodyman, not-with-standing; the Silver Slipper Saloon is a GOOD Club for the area where it's located. (Just think about the TittyTwister in the movie, Dusk-to-Dawn.) Ottawa is near a big State Park right off the I-80 interstate and there is absolutely nothing to stop for other than fishing and RV camping. The Dancers represent the rural, suburban and urban areas within a 45 mile radius. This is a couples-friendly, trucker and biker friendly saloon. Drinks are reasonably prices and the dancers will get NUDE on stage and put their Pussy this/close for a rail tip. It's a hoot when the female patrons pull up their tops to rub tits with the dancers and get catcalls from those surrounding the stage. Extra's are NOT to be had and the private dance one-way, mini-lappers are quite tame. If you are in the area, stop by. Don't plan a trip around the SSS. It's about 2 hours from my house and I get there 5 to 6 times a year. Hope this helps.
  • MisterGuy
    16 years ago
    FWIW, it appears that the magical number of reviewers for a club to show up on the Top 40 lists must be somewhere between 8 & 13. A couple of my favorite clubs in Quebec are near the cusp somewhere I guess at 6-7 total reviewers so far...oh well...
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    harrydave- I'm not sure you read your way completely through the 10 review where they wrote that this was their first strip club experience, but that was a girl writing, and I'm guessing one who is barely legal. I have no idea what to make of that, especially since she went to Crazy Rock (in Romeoville, IL) "a handful of times". MisterGuy- It appears to me the magic number of reviewers to show up on Top 40 lists is 12.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    DandyDan: you may be right. The magic number used to be 8 but founder has changed a lot of things lately.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Client number ... eight?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion