tuscl

World Series 2023

azdd
On the prowl in Tucson and Phoenix
Wednesday, October 25, 2023 4:13 AM
So the Series is set - Dbacks and the Rangers. Is anyone excited? Does anyone care?

19 comments

• Mate27
    9 months ago
    Hell yeah! From 110 losses two years ago to knocking out the beast (Philly)from the east for the NL Pennant! Humble brag, but my post (2weeks ago) about the big market teams deflating in favor of smaller markets, due to development within the organization from the bottom up and use of the draft. [view link] My prognostication skills are spot on, but no way could I predict a 6th seeded team that lost its last 4 games of the regular season, to turn it around and win it all against the Rangers. I’m just glad the Astros lost and the Yankees of the National League flopped. This years American/National League Championships has the highest viewership in 5 years, but without an east coast or west coast team in the Series, my guess is ratings will be down, even though Texas has a strong fan base. Snakes alive!
  • azdd
    9 months ago
    I was able to attend Game 6 in 2001 when the Dbacks lit up Andy Petitt and the Yankees for something like 18 hits in a blowout to force Game 7. It was a great experience, hoping to attend a game this time around if I can find tickets. Game 4 next Tuesday would be good, maybe get to watch the Dbacks complete a 4 game sweep!
  • Jascoi
    9 months ago
    woo hoo!
  • FLAP3000
    9 months ago
    I was pulling for Philly just because of Bryce and Schwarbs. However, Marte is a hell of a baller - and so is the Carroll kid. I’m probably going to pull for Texas since they’ve never won and I’m a huge Bochy fan. I’m only upset about the Snakes making it because as a Cubs fan, the ownership/front office which is already notoriously cheap will refuse to pay big market free agents. They will adopt this idea that you don’t need a huge payroll to win because -“look at the Diamondbacks!” We need to go after Ohtani or Soto or some other high profile player to add to the emerging talent from the farm system.
  • Mate27
    9 months ago
    [view link] Soooo, does the “Mad Dog” Chris Russo retire. I sure hope he follows through on his promise. His words from two days ago. He said it, and I hope he meant it! Hear it for yourself
  • JackKash
    9 months ago
    Only in that the Mets traded Max Sherzer to Texas and now he's going to the World Series while the Mets have a couple of years of "rebuilding" ahead of them. But we Met fans are used to defeat being clawed out of the hands of victory, talk about being a PL.
  • Muddy
    9 months ago
    @Mate you know what he used to be on this radio show around here called Mike and the Mad Dog. It was a fucking awesome radio show I gotta admit. D backs vs Rangers at least it’s new. Instead of the same motherfuckers every year.
  • shailynn
    9 months ago
    I can’t remember the exact amount or the exact odds but someone laid around $2K to win $1,000,000 for the D-backs to win it all at the beginning of the season.
  • Mate27
    9 months ago
    Muddy, I ain’t hiding my bias against NY based teams. That being said my favorite part about “Mad Dog” is whenever Sour Shoes from the Stern show imitates him to a tee! Today’s show had them both on simultaneously and I couldn’t tell the two apart. Fake “Mad Dog” was telling the real “Mad Dog” what he had to do in order to save face. Stern eventually dropped sour shoes off the call to erase any confusion. Hopefully we all get to see Chris Russo in a Dbacks Speedo out on those Manhattan Streets this week.
  • azdd
    9 months ago
    Well the AZ-Dbacks had a tough outing tonight, spotting Texas 10 runs by the end of the 3rd inning. Now down 3 games to 1, it will be tough going for the snakes to climb back into this series with it heading back to Arlington now. I don’t understand how a professional baseball organization can only have 3 reliable starting pitchers! Starting the game with a series of relievers made no sense to me, and allowed Texas to jump all over the ball with hits to build a large early lead. On a related note, as I sat in my very expensive upper deck seats tonight, I couldn’t help but calculate in my head how many LDs and OTC sessions I could have had with what I paid for my two tickets!
  • Jascoi
    9 months ago
    it's all about priorities I guess. My priorities aren't sports.
  • Mate27
    9 months ago
    Lowest viewership of the World Series in recorded history for games 2 and 3, and I’d guess game 4 was even lower due to dynamic of the score coupled with Halloween. It’s a wonder the Dbacks got this far, but no doubt how the Rangers came to be when you purchase a triple crown winner at short stop and stack your bullpen. Dbacks have the 9th lowest payroll in MLB. They deserve a new stadium after this run.
  • motorhead
    9 months ago
    It’s just a weird post season. I think it’s the first time in 30 years that neither the Red Sox, Yankees or Cardinals were in the old offs. Three franchises that have huge fan support and can bring big TV ratings
  • motorhead
    9 months ago
    Play offs. Dang auto correct.
  • azdd
    9 months ago
    Well that’s that. At least they didn’t jump in our pool like those fuckin Dodgers a few years ago. Bochy finally got his Series title, so he can retire his antique ass, again. Next year DBACKS!
  • Muddy
    9 months ago
    You know what good for the rangers. If you look at their history it’s pretty bad. Haven’t won shit and their two greatest all time players are big steroid dudes.
  • Muddy
    9 months ago
    Btw Bruce Bochy. Talk about an all time manager.
  • mike710
    9 months ago
    @Azzd. This WS title is actually Bochy's 4th as a manager. 3 with the Giants and now one with Texas. He's one of 4 managers to win in both leagues.
  • azdd
    9 months ago
    Thanks mike710, I was confusing Bochy with the Rangers getting their first title. He’s had a storied career for sure!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion