tuscl

not too many bars or clubs around the Philadelphia area these days

HoneyDewMelons
Retired Burlesque Belly Dancing GoGo Girl
Wednesday, September 20, 2023 2:10 AM
When I worked in my early career and when I worked in my later career there used to be a ton of bars to go work at I loved all the small Mom and Pop ones...the ones that were on the corner you didn't even know that girls were there... Sometimes when I bump into somebody not so much now cuz I live in Florida but when I still lived in the area and I would mention a bar that used to be a go-go place they would be like really and even the bartenders would say really this was a go-go bar I'm like yep back in the day... Every now and then and Old timer would say yeah I remember when it had dancers... And I love that we picked our music from a jukebox...

6 comments

• SalaoLikeSantiago
    9 months ago
    The Dolphin Tavern was great when it was Go-Go; occasionally young people discover it now and try to make it vintage hip. Miss the after hours Republican. But, there's quality clubs, certain extras clubs, dive bar clubs, small residential suburban clubs...pretty good scene overall IMO.
  • HoneyDewMelons
    9 months ago
    Yes Philadelphia had a wide variance of different types of clubs Go-Go bars strip joints strip clubs gentlemen's clubs when I look back there used to be a ton of clubs and now they're kind of just strewn here and there and most of them are all the same big stages pay to get in make the girls pay to stay and a lot of times most of the girls look the same at any particular bar...
  • Nickanme
    9 months ago
    Pennsport pub is the only "gogo bar" type place I know of in Philadelphia, and it always a nice time.
  • Studme53
    9 months ago
    ^ You’re right. It’s a throwback
  • Muddy
    9 months ago
    I mean I got to disagree on that one. I mean between PA and NJ that's as many strip club spots as anywhere in America.
  • HoneyDewMelons
    9 months ago
    Well the main label is strip club but with a lot of subcategories Strip club... Gentlemen's club... Gogo bar... And sex clubs that label themselves as strip clubs... And the same for girls who may work at any one of these type of clubs... Strippers... Exotic dancers... Go go girls... Sex workers... And I've been out of the loop for a long time so I'm sure there's many other names given to all different types of girls doing a myriad of occupations But I think we were leaning on the conversation being more of true Go-Go bars...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion