tuscl

Always remember

Bharlem
Infamous V
Saturday, September 2, 2023 4:03 PM
If any dancers read this always remember to take whatever a customer or another dancers says with a grain of salt. As a WOC when asking about a club a common answer I get is that I may not get hired. However in all my many years of dancing I’ve only been turned down by 3 clubs. I have worked in Manhattan upscale clubs all the way to hood spots. I started in this industry young and green and now I’m a milf. I’ve walked into clubs that was said to be hard for blk women to work in and got hired on the spot, with the manager googling over me. Attractive is subjective. And you’ll never know until you try

8 comments

• caseyx
    10 months ago
    As with most situations in life, you need think critically about things you are told.
  • Jascoi
    10 months ago
    I enjoy beautiful WOC's! and Latinas, blacks, Asians, Indians, Even some whites... hotties of any ethnicity!!!
  • HoneyDewMelons
    9 months ago
    Yes beauty is subjective but clubs are allowed to hire whatever dancers they feel will bring in clientele... I have been turned down at a couple of clubs.. some weird excuses one was after I had work the day they actually let me come back and do a lunch and when I called for a schedule she said the manager that we cant have girls here who have fake boobies well I didn't have fake boobies and honestly all she had to do would have been to come over to me and give me a little squeeze LOL..
  • oscarlomax
    8 months ago
    The only "rule of thumb" or poles that matter are in that particular spot at the moment.
  • skibum609
    8 months ago
    A hiring manager once told me that an underrated part of the dancer's audition is their interaction with other people. That they watch more than just the stage audition and what they look like. A good manager wants dancers that customers like. It's always been more about being liked than the look, except in Vegas, and always will be.
  • Mark974
    7 months ago
    Totally agree with Jascoi on his take. I enjoy being out with women of any kind as long as they have a good conversations (mentioned by skibum609 as interactions with people). Since I have traveled extensively for business, I appreciate latinas, Asians, Philippio, Korean, Hawaiian, Indians, as well as cacasian women. But if you ask me for a preference, WOC will get my attraction hands down. If club has none. I usually sit for one or possibly two drinks at most, then out the door.
  • blahblahblah23
    7 months ago
    I think it depends on a lot of factors. I think when people say it is harder for black girls to get hired, we just mean if you don't look super put together and fit like u might not get in whereas a white chick on a similar level would at a lot of clubs. Obviously you look put together and fit and aren't brand new stumbling in your heels etc lol. (the stumbling in heels isn't something I've seen black girls do, but is actually why I've been rejected back when I was unhealthy skinny lol).
  • blahblahblah23
    7 months ago
    I also agree with ski, that when they watch stage audition I do think they are watching how you interact/make eye contact or don't with the audience. That is another one I wish I knew when I was new.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion