tuscl

Adelita Reopened?

Friday, September 1, 2023 12:01 AM
Just saw on another site (ISG) a poster indicate that Adelita has reopened, but then another poster said he heard differently. If anyone has been in TJ this week (or plan to be there this holiday weekend), could you provide an update?

9 comments

• Jascoi
    a year ago
    as of late this morning it's still closed.
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    and still closed and no signs of life at this moment.12: 10 am.
  • OPIllini96
    a year ago
    That's what I thought. Thanks, Jascol. Gotta remind myself that ISG has false info more often than not.
  • TJVisitor23
    9 months ago
    Was still closed 2-3 weeks ago, no signs of any activity.
  • rugrat
    8 months ago
    Still closed as of November 9th. Looked exactly the same as it did when I was in TJ in March.
    8 months ago
    Anybody know what REALLY happened to cause the shutdown or why is persists?
  • RonJax2
    8 months ago
    Damn, every time I see this thread get bumped I get excited because I think Adelita's actually is re-opening. @623, according to a few reports I've read, they were shut down due to some pretty serious human trafficking charges, but also tax evasion. Here's one such report: [view link] From what I've read, the charges sound pretty serious, and I'm guessing it doesn't re-open anytime soon. Some is going to need to buy it (and probably rebrand it.)
  • RonJax2
    8 months ago
    More info on Adelitas shutting down (yikes!) [view link]
  • rugrat
    8 months ago
    December 6th, still closed. Don't even have a security guard sitting outside anymore, just a big motorcycle across the boarded up door. The cabbie on the ride over from the border said he heard that they might try to reopen in six months or so.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion