tuscl

Songs that make you want to jump off a roof

Cherry Pie by Warrant. I think you would be able to solve homelessness in America wholesale if you just blast that song on a loop on street corner in America.

23 comments

• twentyfive
    a year ago
    Jumping off the Roof by Ian Matthews

In time they found that jumping was a blessing and a curse
    Love without a blindfold can be suicide or worse
    Sam became an expert in the art of lies and truth
    And Jeanie loved to play that game called jumping off the roof
  • elmer
    a year ago
    Muddy What? Love that song. Can't remember the last time I've heard that in a SC

Lots of songs could make me jump but anything from The Red Hot Chili Peppers could push me over the edge
  • skibum609
    a year ago
    Free Bird.
  • rickthelion
    a year ago
    ^
    Shut your mouth Skifredo. My bud rickthevulture loves that song. He used to sing it all the time.

‘cause I'm as free as a bird now
    And this bird you cannot change
    squawk! squawk!
    And the bird you cannot change

When he gets back from his sabbatical - or rickbatical, if you will, we’ll be knock in’ on your door. ROAR!!!
  • shadowcat
    a year ago
    I prefer to go up on the roof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puM1k-S8…
  • rattdog
    a year ago
    sweet caroline - bah bah bah

gawd i fucking hate that shit!!
  • skibum609
    a year ago
    ^That stupid fucking song is literally 90% of the reason I no longer go to sox games. Not only does the song suck, it attracts people who suck to the ballpark. When I was 12 I would hitch hike 25 miles to go to Fenway. Now I won't go for a free roof box seat with open bar.
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    Never could figure out how a Neil Diamond song - a guy who personifies NYC and Brooklyn - became a thing in Boston
  • twentyfive
    a year ago
    ^ That’s because they’re nuts in Boston 😂
  • steve3000
    a year ago
    I was talking with a (much younger) friend the other day about 80's music. I was telling him how early 80's metal became cartoonishly poppy by the end of the decade. Warrant's Cherry Pie is the epitome of that decline. Not a fan. Not a surprise that grunge took hold so quickly afterwards.
  • Huntsman
    a year ago
    Is Pour Some Sugar on Me by Def Leppard basically the same song as Cherry Pie by Warrant?
  • Mate27
    a year ago
    Although appropriate for some strippers, “Who’s Your Daddy” by Toby Keith is annoying AF to listen to.
  • Specialj
    a year ago
    Ratdog you got it bro winner winner chicken dinner
  • Specialj
    a year ago
    I wasn't a fan of the hair spray Era. But honestly there are a few songs from different bands I like.......
    1 Bon Jovie DOA/young guns.
    2 Poison at the drive in/every rose
    3 Motley Crue Girls
    4 Deff leopard rock of ages
    OK so technically maybe some of these bands weren't hair spray so if so forgive me. 🙂
  • FLAP3000
    a year ago
    Most of the modern “trap” music. Young Thug, Kodak Black, Lil Baby, etc
  • motorhead
    a year ago
    I didn’t really appreciate glam metal / hair bands at the time, but as compared with today’s music referenced above - it’s great.

I’m a big fan of power ballads
  • misterorange
    a year ago
    I wonder what this guy was listening to:
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/man-…
  • crosscheck
    a year ago
    I don't have the least problem with hair metal, I grew up with that stuff. Lots of fond memories.

Cherry Pie is certainly not one of the best examples, but it's a lot more tolerable if you're watching the music video...
  • rattdog
    a year ago
    poor guy - splat and split in half. maybe the song he listened to was voices inside my head by the police?

early 90's i remembered very well the end of the metal scene. 3 bands at that time to me that would signify the wiping out of not just glam but also other subgenres: trixter, firehouse and nelson. 4 if you want to include warrant. not only did the glam bands got slaughtered, but so did judas priest, iron maiden and dio. all these bands' cds all of a sudden radio programming directors would be dumped inside cardboard boxes, transitioning to grunge.
  • Specialj
    a year ago
    I loved the grunge Era. AIC, STP, TOD, Nirvana, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam. Also that lesser known band. It's tragic a lot of those overdosed or committed suicide. So much talent from that era
  • Specialj
    a year ago
    I was thinking of mother love bone
  • wld4tatas
    a year ago
    >sweet caroline - bah bah bah gawd i fucking hate that shit!!

Even worse is when you're sitting back in a club enjoying a talented high mileage service and this song comes on. Happened to me in a small go-go club years ago (presumably, somebody using the Touch Tunes machine) and was maddening beyond belief.
  • Longball300
    a year ago
    Whoomp by Tag Team.... just shoot me.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion