tuscl

Using Passport Card

Friday, June 23, 2023 11:55 PM
Wanted to see if folks have used a passport card instead of the passport (booklet) to cross the border? Would assume it should not be an issue while reentering States and not sure about MX immigration.

Not able to locate the search feature with the new website layout as I tried to search before posting.

12 comments

• devl_dawgg
    a year ago
    No issues whatsoever. Enjoy!
  • Jascoi
    a year ago
    I've never used my passport book.
    passport card to go into Mexico
    my global entry back into the USA.
  • funonthaside
    a year ago
    Passport card provides the same level of access as a passport book, for countries accessed via land or sea. It works both for outgoing and incoming trips from/to US. If traveling with the card, you don't need the passport book.
    a year ago
    The only real difference between thee book and card is the card cannot be used to enter/exit via flying.
  • dr_lee
    a year ago
    Passport card is good enough. I recently got card in addition to book for my renewal so could just keep cars in my wallet at all times and wouldn’t need to keep track of that pesky book when I need to cross the border. Also, I’m planning on using the passport card for flights when the new Real ID rule enacts. I think the passport is acceptable in lieu of the Real ID card.
  • Longball300
    a year ago
    Card... No Problems.
  • Marak
    a year ago
    Thanks all
    a year ago
    Mexico and Canada, no issues. By land. Not sure about FLYING into those 2.
  • PutaTester
    a year ago
    Cannot use the card for any commercial flight anywhere. Cannot use it for ID on domestic flights. Cannot use GE for ID on commercial flights. Cannot use GE for ID going into Mexico.
  • Evasparkling
    a year ago
    @PutaTester

You can use your Passport Card as ID on Domestic Flights.

I’ve used mine several times and never had any issues with TSA.
  • DeclineToState
    a year ago
    ->"Cannot use the card for any commercial flight anywhere. Cannot use it for ID on domestic flights. Cannot use GE for ID on commercial flights. Cannot use GE for ID going into Mexico."

I've been using Global Entry as sole ID for domestic flights for 4+ years and it's never been rejected or inquired about. No idea if it can be used for going into Mexico on foot or by vehicle.

• captainfun
    a year ago
    Yes I use my Global Entry card on all US flights and have been for years. To enter Mexico by foot you have to show passport or passport card.

To re-enter US from Mexico you can use passport card or Global Entry - the big advantage of GE is that you take the Sentri line and there is never a wait.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion