Does anyone know when mileage in South Florida became the way it is now?

Friday, May 19, 2023 10:44 PM
I went into Cheetah Pompano for the first time in 2022 and it was my first South Florida strip club. Once inside, I was genuinely shocked at how wild the mileage was at the place. I thought maybe the large amount of Cubans was the explanation for this since I imagine they would be willing to do more for less due to issues getting jobs because of potential citizenship issues and such. In return, I imagine that the other dancers probably felt like they would lose out on money unless they performed with high mileage as well. But on a recent discussion post, someone said that South Florida has kinda been like this for a while. Does anyone have a more clear answer? Of course, it doesn’t really matter because I’m just glad that South Florida has the mileage that it does. Just curious as to when this wave started.

14 comments

I’ve only been a serious clubber for 15 years. I know there are plenty of people here with more experience than me, but without question the mileage has increased dramatically since I got into the scene. I can only comment on south Florida, but I think the Cubans have had at the very least some influence. Maybe it’s Hispanics in general. Just my opinion…I know not everyone agrees. Not everyone is partial to Cubans either. It is what it is.
Specialj
a year ago
Afro-Latino cultures are less uptight about sex. Presumably due to influence from non-Muslim African cultures which are not uptight about sex. Cuba has an Afro-Latina culture. Also why Cuba has kick ass salsa bands, whereas Mexican music is a hellscape forged with the accordion and the tuba. Women from said cultures can do sex work without facing quite so much slut shaming.
ilbbaicnl
a year ago
Mid to late 90s during the boom.
skibum609
a year ago
I don't know for sure when it started, but from what I can tell it started back in the 80's and really became ubiquitous around the mid 90's as Ski mentioned. I wasn't clubbing back then, but even in the late 90's and early 2000's I remember going to clubs and doing a lot more than dances. Talking with friends at the time, it wasn't really a new or shocking thing. I said in another thread that it wasn't the Cubans who brought it, and I stand by that. But I do admit that the Cuban culture as a whole has influenced south Florida for many years. In some area's, it is "the" culture. Part of that is certainly their attitudes towards sex, and sex work specifically. I think cocaine & the associated fast money money culture probably brought extras and high mileage to clubs more than the Cubans, but you could probably make the argument that much of the culture I'm attributing it to was actually ushered in largely by Cuban's to begin with and I can't really argue against that point.
Dolfan
a year ago
I think it started on 7/04/77
twentyfive
a year ago
@Dolfan Thanks for the detailed explanation! I figured that they had a bit of influence into the club scene. It’s also interesting to hear that it’s kinda been like this for a while (apparently 70s and 80s) based on the other comments. I imagine though with the rise of expenses in the city and growing culture with sex workers that it probably caused it to surge in the most recent years.
tjack128
a year ago
Yeah, it's not the cubans. It's South America. And yeah, the Afro-Latina culture has a lot to do with it. And I'd go further, Afro-Porto-Latina culture. Brazil/Colombia/Venezuela/Guyana (northern SA) is where it's at.
sfrsox
a year ago
It's Miami. It's the place you go to enjoy yourself, live and let live. It's a huge international destination and people come places that don't have huge hang ups over sex.
Nixur68
a year ago
@Nixur68 I definitely agree. Despite what you hear about all of the crazy stuff, I genuinely think that Miami/South Florida has such a cool vibe. Every time I head there during vacation, it’s so blissful knowing that the weather is nice and that I can always expect a fun time. I hear a lot of stories about how mean people are but the dancers I’ve met in these clubs have always shown me a great time that makes me want to move down there at a certain point. For those that stay down there, I imagine it must be nice to have something like this within minutes away.
tjack128
a year ago
I’ve been in south Florida my entire life so I just think it’s normal. I was getting civilian pussy back in the 80’s and 90’s and didn’t start hitting the strip clubs until the early 2000’s, but high extras has always been the norm. South Florida has actually cleaned up its image a lot since the hey days of the ‘80’s when cash and coke induced hotties were blowing guys in nightclub bathrooms and parking lots. But there’s still an aura of lawlessness - and the women are way hotter than anywhere else.
iknowbetter
a year ago
I gotta say, after being in Miami in strip clubs, clubs, bars, etc. It’s still 1980.
Nixur68
a year ago
Back in the 80's there were no private rooms at Cheetah's Pompano and the dancers actually stepped up onto your table and danced there. When the market boomed in the mid 90's things really changed. Fort Lauderdale was actually a good strip club venue before extras and extras ended the clubs there.
skibum609
a year ago
I thought the South Florida clubs were thriving thanks to the extras. Are they really on a decline? It’s hard to believe given the…nature of the clubs inside lol
tjack128
a year ago
Wow, You haven't experienced South FL much huh? lol Oh grasshopper, Cheetah is about the mildest club down there. Just down the street is Diamond Dolls and Booby Trap. Definitely more than mileage going on there. I'm from Miami and I'm not sure when all the extras started. As I just started doing the strip club thing 10 years ago. But I know it was going back since the early 2000's. A friend of mine said I missed out and said El Centro was king of strip clubs with amount of cheap fucking that was going on in there. And all races fuck down there. Not just Latinas.
deboinair
a year ago
Login or Join to leave a comment.
Start a Discussion