tuscl

Strip Clubs And Champagne

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
Where did the tradition of top-tier and mid-tier strip clubs pushing champagne in private rooms originate from?

First, taking a stripper to a private room is not some big deal like winning the World Series. It is actually pretty routine and not a luxury experience for some of us. I don’t feel the need to toast and celebrate with a sparkling wine in a strip joint with some girl who is empty in the head and full of tattoos and piercings. I rather the dancer just give me sloppy toppy and drink my candy rum.

Second, you and a dancer are probably not going to knock off a whole bottle in thirty or sixty minutes without getting a stomach ache. Likely a lot of the bottle will just get poured out by the host. I once did a VIP room that included a bottle of champagne. I didn’t want the champagne, nor would the club substitute it for a couple cocktails or beers like some other strip clubs do. The dancer had about three sips, and I had one glass in that short fifteen minutes. What a waste. The host said I could take the rest of the bottle out onto the main floor once the VIP was done. I tried to drink the rest of it, instead of letting the vintner's labors go to waste. I quit pouring it in the champagne glass. I just started drinking it right out of the bottle like a hobo drinking Night Train Express.

Third, they always put a value on the bottle for multiple times its actual value at the liquor store, so it is a complete rip off/money grab even if you like champagne. I did a champagne room at one of my local clubs back in the day. I had never even heard of the brand of champagne they gave me and the dancer. I looked up the brand on my smartphone and it was $11.99 for a bottle at our local liquor chain, Binny’s Beverage Depot. If you are going to charge an arm and a leg for a champagne room, at least give us some Dom Perignon.

I am saying I don’t like the bubbly, but it is something I only drink a couple times a year at most: New Years Eve and at weddings.

9 comments

• motorhead
    2 years ago
    You’re tagline says “Wyoming” but Binny’s Beverage Depot is an Illinois place - and primarily Chicagoland. Lol
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I could be wrong about this, but I'm under the impression that going way back (early 20th or late 19th century?), many high-end restaurants and clubs in major cities had a select number of private wine or champagne rooms that a guy could reserve for a romantic date (or not be seen on a romantic date by his wife...). Depending on the club, these rooms were very to extremely expensive to reserve, so they were also a means to spoil your date and show off a bit. It was also assumed (and perhaps mandatory) that you'd get an expensive bottle of champagne or wine to share with your date.

Strip clubs started offering Champagne Rooms just to mimic those high-end night clubs and restaurants. Except where a Champagne Room in a fancy restaurant was actually intended for chit chat, having an expensive meal, and sharing a bottle of whatever, in a strip club those same rooms eventually became a place for sexy fun in private. The champagne is just a holdover from that earlier time, and it's also a way to sell cheap champagne for expensive champagne prices.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    It’s the ultimate up charge in a strip club setting.

Champagne was originally only meant to drink during “celebrations,” and for some PLs a VIP room is certainly a celebration because it’s one of the few times someone may see their schlong other than their mom or themselves.

I think it’s a way that you can mask value. The club can’t give you a bottle of whiskey to take back there, and a bucket of beers isn’t sexy enough. BUT, a bottle of champagne looks sexy, and like you said they probably bought it for $12.00 (so it really isn’t “champagne” but sparkling wine) and marked it up 1000% and most PLs don’t know any better. Just another strip climb charge like mandatory coat check, mandatory valet and the tip walk.

Lastly it is a “show off” thing. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been at the club and some whale buys some high end champagne(s) and starts passing around glasses to everyone at the bar. Drinking Champagne is often associated with affluence. Affluence means “special” and doing a VIP is certainly supposed to be “special” so why not throw some champagne in there with it! Let’s rip this PL off even more!!!

• sinclair
    2 years ago
    Good explanation, Call.Me.Ishmael. That puts it into perspective.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    I've only been in a Champagne Room once and it didn't cost me a cent. It was the Platinum Plus in Columbia SC. My CF and myself were sitting in the main room. Her girl friend was in the Champagne Room with a Whale. He had bought a magnum of champagne. I knew that the minimum charge for 1 hour in the Champagne Room was $300 for any kind of beverage. Dancers were charging a minimum of $300 for their time. Since there was no way 2 people could have consumed the entire magnum in 1 hour, the Whale invited us back for a glass of bubbly. We went back for 1 glass and spent 20 minutes conversing with them and then left them to their own devices.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    You are supposed to pour the cristal on THE TITTIES. Please get with the program!
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    ^repeat with egg rolls, meatballs, hot wings, ravioli, basically any mouthful sized food.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    Someone needs to get scrub back on his meds.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    It’s spelled CRISTAL. Scrub you’re welcome to come over anytime and I’ll pour you a glass as I have a few bottles in my cellar although I’m more partial to Krug and Bollinger.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion