tuscl

The "manosphere" and other topics...

CostaTheCrazyGreek
Sex sells...
Youtube video from Prof. Vaknin about the manosphere and how women are emulating the worst aspects of male behavior...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q93tYnmT…

6 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Incel bs
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    The manosphere is a somewhat vague term that is applied to three different groups. One group is pickup artist types who use psychological manipulation on women in order to get sex. A second group are guys who have decided that modern day women are not worth chasing after and aren't even trying. A third group involves offering the traditional self-improvement advice about diet, exercise, grooming, career advancement etc.

The number of pickup artist blogs and books have declined in recent years. Average guys found the advice didn't work for them and also decided the type of psychological manipulation involved is morally questionable. You still have guys trying to improve themselves to make themselves more attractive to women and other guys deciding it's not worth the trouble. Even if you decide you aren't going to lose weight or exercise to look good for women, it's still a good idea to do that just for general health reasons.
  • JamesSD
    2 years ago
    ^The second group advocates for Traditional Wives and what in the past be called Mail Order Brides. You hear them complain a lot about "promiscuous western women".

PUA has definitely declined, I think the pandemic killed what little momentum it had left. Mystery is considered a joke, I think some of the other early dudes got into cypto or are just married boring 40 year olds.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    If COVID killed this dumb bullshit, then we've successfully identified the silver lining of COVID.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    @James, last I heard, Mystery was wasting away pining over some hottie who rejected him and is just an emotionally needy mess.

Most of the PUA guys are career internet marketers who have moved on to a different hustle. One of them who never made a nickel in the stock market has moved on to selling a foolproof stock trading system.

They're kind of like Tom Green from Freddy Got Fingered.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Self improvement isn't gender specific.

The one good thing to come out of the pua scam is awareness for social anxiety and actually trying to overcome it
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion