tuscl

Who LIKES to be the passenger in a car ?

Warrior15
Anywhere there are Titties.
Tuesday, December 27, 2022 2:02 PM
I know everyone hates a back seat driver. Someone that tells you where to go and and how you're driving. Too fast, too slow, corners too tight, following too close, went the wrong direction. But turn that around. How about being the passenger when someone else is driving ? How nervous are you ? When I'm home, I normally am the driver in my family. But the other day, my wife came by to pick me up somewhere and we didn't bother switching spots. I just hop in the passenger seat. Hadn't done that in a while. OMG, I almost broke the door handle I was squeezing it so hard. She was constantly tailgating the car in front of us. Turns were real wide, I was scared to death we were going to hit the cars turning from the other direction. She was talking the entire time and turning her head to me when she was speaking. Look at the Road, please. And I didn't dare say anything or it would have started an argument. Are you comfortable being the passenger ?

22 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    I like being a passenger every so often. I get to pay attention to stuff I'd normally ignore as a driver.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    My first cousin doesn't drink and I used to be fine with him driving. It worked because i drink and smoke weed behind the wheel. Then he went into sales. He drives wicked fast and likes to text. Now he won't drive with me and I won't drive with him. My wife I trust enough to sleep while she drove through the worst ice storm I have ever seen in Pennsylvania. Other than that i drive or I don't go.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    It really depends who’s driving, I absolutely enjoy being the passenger if the driver doesn’t drive in a way that makes me nervous, it’s a pleasure to look at where I’m going from a different perspective, you see things differently when you’re not the driver, but it’s not enjoyable when you’re the passenger in a car driven by someone like how you described your wife, as a driver.
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Absolutely depends on who is driving. In normal situations & vehicle, I'm perfectly content being driven, provided its a capable driver. There's a large middle ground where I can tolerate a few driving quirks and I'm comfortable enough. Then there's a point where it crosses the line into being a problem. It's pretty rare it's bad enough I simply won't ride with someone. Maybe because I probably wouldn't hang out with anyone like that & I pretty much always end up driving with family and stuff anyway, since I bring a large/comfy vehicle. The car also plays into it. Some cars, particularly sports cars and modified pickups, aren't really comfortable for any passenger. What feels safe & secure, or even fun as a driver will often make the passenger a nervous wreak. Stuff like side by sides is obviously a totally different animal, I have a few buddies who I'm completely comfortable riding with them. Then there's some who I wouldn't dream of riding with.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    I don't know anyone who's such a bad driver that I'm uncomfortable riding as a passenger. If there's someone I "thought" would be a bad driver, it would be my daughter. I don't know, she's irresponsible in many ways, high from morning to night, and at 30 years old she never had a career, jumps from job-to-job, so I guess I just assumed she'd be careless behind the wheel. She was raised by my ex-wife and a step-father in another state, so I wasn't around when she was learning to drive and for a long time after. Now she lives close to me, so when her car died she asked me to take her around to some used car lots. Found one she liked, and the guy said even though her old car was shot, he'd give her $500 off as a trade-in if we got it towed to his lot. As a result, we both rode with the tow truck, and she drove her new car off the lot with me in the passenger seat. I put the seatbelt on which is something I never do. The first thing she does is light up a joint, before she even started the car. After a few hits I was high as fuck. I don't smoke often (usually only when I'm with my daughter) and this was some kinda potent shit. As terrified as I was, and even more paranoid from the weed, I gotta say I calmed down after about one minute. She drove like a professional limo driver. By the time we got back to her apartment, we had finished that joint and smoked a second one. I was so fucked up I couldn't believe she was able to stay on the road, but she parallel parked into a tight spot like that Buick commercial where the car parks itself. Now she wants me to teach her to drive stick (on my car) and then get a motorcycle. A year ago I never would have considered it. Now I don't think it will be a problem.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I don't mind it. I like uber.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I took an Uber from the airport yesterday and I didn’t mind it at all. When I attempt to be a casual passenger in a car driven by one of my daughters, it’s not so comfortable. If my ex wife is driving, I’m fine. So, oddly I’m fine when a stranger drives (and I have no idea about the stranger’s driving history), but I’m kinda terrified to be a passenger when one of my daughters drives. I know that’s not logical, but I think other fathers might have similar issues.
  • datinman
    2 years ago
    I have no problem being chauffeured in someone else's ride. But, if it is one of my cars, I am absolutely behind the wheel.
  • steve3000
    2 years ago
    I definitely do not like it. At least anymore. I used to have no problems being a front seat passenger. Then I taught my kids to drive. After that, it became nerve-wracking to be a passenger. Kids, wife, friends as the driver - same effect. Blood pressure going up just thinking about it.
  • rockie
    2 years ago
    I prefer to drive, but I am comfortable with others driving about 40% of the time. Tailgating and one's mood impacting their driving behavior are the two major issues that I have with other's driving me. I absolutely love the cruise control feature that maintains space between my vehicle and the vehicle in front of me, whether I'm driving or being driven.
  • Funkycold88
    2 years ago
    I don't mind if somebody else is driving. My problem is I will get car sick usually if I'm not driving.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I actually prefer to not be the one driving if I have that option but it’s rare since I’m usually in my car by myself – I use Uber from time to time (a couple of times a year) and I haven’t had issues w/ bad UBER drivers. Although it def doesn’t apply to all women, most of the bad-drivers I’ve been in a car with have been women – I do notice that for w/e reason many women tend to drive to close to the car-ahead in front of them – I also notice a lot of women will hit the gas harder than necessary when taking-off; and often don’t hit the breaks till the last minute (i.e. if they are coming-up on a red-light for example instead of taking the foot of the gas and cruising up to a stop/the-red-light; they wait till the last-minute and hit the breaks harder than they need to stop at the red-light) – of course there are male-drivers that do the same-shit but IME it’s been more women than men.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Most people hell no, I like to drive smooth most people are just gunning it. On the rare chance I am the passenger and with a good driver it’s cool to be able take your eyes off the road and look at stuff. But I drove so much you have this pull to keep watching the road
  • crosscheck
    2 years ago
    As long as the driver is competent I don’t give a shit not driving. Doesn’t bother me at all.
  • BrotherFogHorn
    2 years ago
    Da lawerd is my pilot and I never crash
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    I like highway driving and road trips, and prefer to drive. I dislike city driving, particularly unfamiliar locations, and prefer if someone else does it.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    riding with a reasonable driver is no problem for me.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    It depends on the driver. Typically, I find myself to be less comfortable when a woman is driving. I think the old saying is true: Woman drivers? No survivors.
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I used to be a control freak. Now I just sit back, relax and enjoy the scenery. I try not to worry about it
    2 years ago
    If you can’t be a comfortable passenger you might want to have your anxiety level checked. Unless someone is a terrible driver not being able to be in the passenger seat is a sign of too much “I’m superior “ genetics. Maybe take a breath and assume someone else might be capable also. Maybe even a girl. Jeez.
  • Huntsman
    2 years ago
    I’m fine being a passenger, assuming the driver isn’t crazy
  • crazyjoe
    2 years ago
    I like riding shotgun. That way I get to hold the shotgun and shoot at the bad drivers
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion