tuscl

Question for Dancers - If you were owner, how would you set lap dance prices?

If you were owner, how would you set lap dance prices?

22 comments

• MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    I'm not a dancer, but anything more than $20-25/song is pretty-much a ripoff IMO.
  • wondergrl5
    17 years ago
    they are $30 for 4 min at my new place which is pricey. But the biggest rip of is the VIP 30 min for $350
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    Wow...I better get my car *and* my dick waxed & polished for that VIP price.

What do you think they should charge wondergrl? How much is your time worth? ;)
  • MIDancer
    17 years ago
    I'd allow the girl to set her own dance prices; $20 being the minimum.
  • wondergrl5
    17 years ago
    20min seems right to me
    but I made more hanging out with some guys. The appreciated that I didnt try to get them to get a dance
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I'd survey the competition and set my prices at $5 less. And I'd let the dancers keep it all so that I'd attract good dancers. I'd make my money on drinks and a samll admission fee at night.
  • evilcyn
    17 years ago
    As a dancer, I would set, $10.00 min...
    with reasonable prices for a Vip area, I hate places that try and totally rip you off for a little privacy.
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    That's basically what they do at the Cadillac Lounge in RI MIDancer, and it just leads to rip-offs galore IMO.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I agree with MIDancer to let the girls set their own prices. I also agree with evilcyn that $10 should be the minimum. I also agree with FONDL that the dancers should keep all of their earnings and the club should make their money off drinks and admission. That is pretty close to the way things go at my favorite club. And fuck this tipping the DJ.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    One fixed price. No negotiating. No twofers, etc. Keep it simple. Like FONDL says, a bit lower than the competition, which probably means either $10 or $20. And dancers keep it all, so no clipboard flunky going around counting dances.

BTW, isn't it odd that you never see $15 dance prices (except for 2 for $30 deals). They always go directly from $10 to $20 - a 200% increase! - as though it would kill us to have to break a twenty. Yet you see $25 dances, which are no less inconvenient, denomination-wise. I think it just shows that club managers are marketing retards.
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    I have to disagree with fixed prices. If a dancer wants to do it for less. Why Not? If she wants more. Let her suffer. Yes keep it simple. I carry $20's and $1's. And this has worked fine for me for over 6 years.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    I like to select strippers for their looks and their dances, not price. I don't like haggling or even having to bring up the subject of price or number of dances before agreeing to a dance. Let alone having to learn what kind of negotiation is called for at a new club. One fixed price works fine at practically all my favorite clubs.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    I disagree with fixed prices as well. If a dancer wants to do free dances or whatever other price she wants to charge, she should be able to do that as easily as she can talk to a customer without charging him for that. It's her time to spend as she pleases. She's still expected to pay the normal fees. I've noticed a dancer is actually able to get more money out of me by charging less per dance. I have a much easier time saying no thanks to dances when the prices they ask are higher. Fortunately a majority of dancers haven't figured this out or must have fixed prices in their clubs. I've been trying to cut back my spending,not increase it.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Most clubs I know of where the strippers name their own price actually have a fixed price set by the club. It's just so insanely high - $30, $40, or whatever - that most strippers ignore it and charge something less, or the club runs 2fer specials which in effect become the usual price. All I'm saying I prefer is a fixed price that's more realistic so that it's voluntarily maintained by strippers and customers with no need for managment to enfore it or to run annoying 2fer specials. If some strippers want to charge something else, they probably could get away with doing it, but there's so little call for it you hardly ever hear that kind of pitch.
  • MIDancer
    17 years ago
    Shadowcat - Wow! We actually agree on something! ;) I think a $10 minimum would be completely reasonable in some markets; I'm basing my $20 minimum on the markets I've worked in. I once worked at a club that charged $35/dance (the "special" was 3 for $100). Even I couldn't stomach it. I worked there for about a month until I decided to move down the street to a club that charged $25/dance, but had FAR more patrons who were FAR more willing to shell out the money for dances.

MisterGuy - I can certianly see where letting the girls set their own dance prices could lead to "rip-offs galore." But a "rip-off" can only occur if the customer ALLOWS it. Make sure you do your negotiations up-front and there shouldn't be a problem, IMO. And just say NO if a girl is asking for $40 or $50 per dance (unless, of course, you think her dance is worth that price or you are willing to take the risk).
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    If every dancer is going to have a different price for the same kind of LDs, then they need to wear some kind of sign around their necks with the prices I think...lol... I too hate to haggle about dance prices...just tell me what it is & I'll tell you whether or not I'm interested.
  • DougS
    17 years ago
    Maybe the GPS body piercings that was suggested in another recent thread could be color coded to signify the price of dances... kind'a like poker chip denominations...
  • wondergrl5
    17 years ago
    gps oh brother. LOL

Whoever said stop tipping the DJ AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!
    My second shift and the dj was an absolute screw up and when I was begged to stay 2 hrs later I had to tip the second dj too even though I wasnt on the schdule. And she made me dance to Inagadavida( if i spelled that wrong sorry) so she could go talk on the phone.

Any way 20 bucks for five mins sounds good to me.
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    Get ready to be tagged wondergrl...you're going to be our test subject... ;)
  • MIDancer
    17 years ago
    I don't mind tipping the DJ, so long as he makes it a point to get my music and lights correct. But that's just me.
  • tlc333tlc
    17 years ago
    1-$20
    3-$50

Champaign rooms suck--they will only bring down the club and you will end up losing all of the pretty girls and turnover will be high. Just have private dancing areas/couches.

NO LONGER than 4 minute songs--plus having shorter songs makes the club seem more upbeat, fun, and happening.

When is a owner ever going to wise up? I have been a dancer for 7 years, and I have a BS in mathematics, actuary science, and accounting--so I think that I am qualified to give this info. Also let the guys touch (not the pussy though) and just make sure the girls keep one leg (note: doesn't have to be two legs) on the floor at all times.
  • MisterGuy
    17 years ago
    Have any of you ever heard of tipping the dancer BEFORE she does a LD with you?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion