tuscl

How crowded is a Friday night?

rugrat
Roaming the USA
Monday, October 10, 2022 2:48 AM
for most of my trips to TJ, I usually hit HK Sunday - Tuesday night with an occasional Wednesday. I have never visited on Friday or Saturday night. I have a window where I can be in Tijuana for about 18 hours between Friday night at 6:00 pm and Saturday at noon. This will be in December. I have heard stories that the crowds on weekends are insane. Is it worth the time and effort? I would probably still get a room at Cascade so I will at least have a refuge, but I am the kind of guy that likes to grab a booth bench and sample the goods before going arriba. Thoughts on if this is worth it and the best strategy?

3 comments

• azfriole
    2 years ago
    I'd say go for it, they usually have the 3rd floor and Miami section open now on weekends so it's not as bad as you'd think, crowd wise.
  • Redbaron12
    2 years ago
    I’ve been twice on Friday and Saturday. The first time I went I said I’d never do it again. The second time I went on Friday and Saturday, I’ll never do it again. I mean it’s HK. Always fun but it was so crowded the times I went on the weekend I personally won’t go on a Friday or Saturday again. I like Sundays best. I typically go Sunday to Wednesday.
  • booji boy
    2 years ago
    Fri/Sat before about 9pm is usually tolerable, but after that You'll spend most of your time pushing through the crowd. Sometimes Chavelas is relatively empty so it may be possible to find a girl and take her over to that side to sit down for a ficha. I don't know if it's changed, but the last time I was there most people trying to get in would line up at the HK doors, not knowing that the Chavelas doors get you into the same damn place now. It still might be worth a trip because I've heard that Chicago has uppped its talent on the weekends but it can occasionally be just as crowded there. If you're looking at early-mid December for this, keep in mind the World Cup will still be on. Every bar in Mexico will probably be crazy busy on game days. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion