tuscl

I'm from Clueless and I'm going to...

ilbbaicnl
Keep it in my pants when I do OTC. If I were a stripper it would stand for I like big bucks and I can not lie.
Saturday, October 8, 2022 12:12 AM
Why do so many people think they are going to get better information about an area by starting a discussion thread, than they will by reading reviews?

19 comments

• Tetradon
    2 years ago
    If you're too lazy to write a review and too cheap to pay for a membership.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Hey ilbbaicnl, What are the best clubs in Illinois ?
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Yeah but reviews don't really compare clubs in a city or area. We really don't get that big picture look by reading a review.
  • RiskA
    2 years ago
    Maybe they’re hoping to hear from the people here actually trying to share useful info, instead of those just flexing their egos by writing endless blowhard “witty” comments? LOL Muddy’s right: it’s a request for the big picture, without the burden of digesting the granular data of reviews (most of which are “club ads” according to frequent posters LOL).
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Tuscl reviews aren't that reliable in general. Lots of fake reviews and nit up to date reviews for popular clubs while closed clubs get new reviews. Lots are tedious. I don't need the club layout or what a vip room looks like repeated ad nauseum. Or stupid sjg like code words about hookers in the club
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Of course a blowhard like you that thinks he knows everything would disparage a website he can't stop shitposting all over. You really ought to shut the fuck up
  • sexyloser
    2 years ago
    I think the useless club layout etc. (which I'm also guilty of) is because if you don't include it there's always one or two adjudicators who hit it with a "not enough club details". I'd blame that on the community than the individual reviewers.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    The reviews may be a little overwhelming to a new reader. Lots of different experiences, lots of content, lots of terminology, lots of repeated details about the space, and if you live in a town with many clubs this aspect is multiplied. A nervous newb might hope that by coming to the threads, he would get a clear steer toward what he wants. Of course he would be wrong.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @ilbbaicnl I will play along and answer your question; Q: Why do so many people think they are going to get better information about an area by starting a discussion thread, than they will by reading reviews?îuo hi A: Because they refuse, can’t believe or are in denial of the fact that “Everything on this site should be considered a work of fiction.” You are welcome. :D
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I think the club layout might be less than fully useful in every review, but it does provide some confirmation that the reviewer actually went to the club. It’s easy to write a review, and avoid specifics, even if you’ve not been to a club. Strip clubs are kinda dark inside, the drinks are usually overpriced, the music is loud, and the dancers are in bikinis - topless - or nude. With respect to getting lap dances it’s very much YMMV.
  • RiskA
    2 years ago
    The “too explicit” zeitgeist also robs reviews of significant value, as it makes reviewers afraid to put in details that make a difference between local clubs. It’s easier to answer “most girls give extras at club X” in an ephemeral discussion thread than in a review (unless you want to be scolded by evaluators). I agree with not linking dancer names to acts & prices, but many evaluators extend the concept way too far.
  • drewcareypnw
    2 years ago
    @riska: I agree. As long as you’re not making things difficult for a specific dancer by naming her, why not make things easier for the PL by telling the truth about what goes on?
  • BGSD3100
    2 years ago
    A lot of reviews are old.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    It's true there are often many clubs in an area that don't have recent reviews. But that's usually a silence that speaks volumes.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    "Of course a blowhard like you that thinks he knows everything would disparage a website he can't stop shitposting all over. You really ought to shut the fuck up" [view link]
  • RiskA
    2 years ago
    I’d define “shitposts” as ones that don’t even try to respond to the OP’s raised issue, and just rag on another poster for sport. I don’t think one can reasonably argue there’s not a ton of that here, or that it’s discouraging to those seeking intel to use in strip club mongering. But it’s inevitable, assholes are everywhere (although apparently more concentrated in TX haha). I just think posting requests for info as discussions is legit & not as absurd as suggested by the OP, you just need to hope someone will share as opposed to attack.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    "But it’s inevitable, assholes are everywhere (although apparently more concentrated in TX haha)." It depends on how you define concentrated. If you are looking at the proportion of assholes compared to all the land area, that is different than focusing around the cities and contrasting that with the density in the overall land area. "Why do so many people think they are going to get better information about an area by starting a discussion thread, than they will by reading reviews?" Since RiskA appealed to people to care about the OP on a generally pointless thread (because it's not going to change the behavior of people who don't read these deep dives and only do drive by lazy asks) I'd say there are two reasons. Reason 1 is people like to be seen as knowledgeable and most are generally inclined to be helpful if it costs them little time and effort. Reason 2 is lazy posters see that lazy questions generally get at least one or two credible responses. Why does spam still exist when it's mostly filtered now?
  • nicespice
    2 years ago
    —>“assholes are everywhere (although apparently more concentrated in TX haha)” Not that I disagree, but what prompted that comment in this thread? 👀
  • PinkSugarDoll
    2 years ago
    I ALWAYS do this. Some reasons: Not everyone writes reviews. A lot of reviews suck. Members get to know you and what your likes and agenda is and will answer accordingly. People like to talk about their city. It brings people out of the woodwork who are lurkers here and they have some decent pro tips. You can read reviews but when people answer you here in discussion, they may have more current info, like for example I’m working at Hustler in STL currently and it just opened again on Sundays. That info isn’t on this site but a local would know it. A lot of reviews are very freaking vague.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion