tuscl

Judging a Strip Club by it's Cover

Recently instead of just reading review after review which can be time consuming, I've just been pulling up google street view, taking a look at the club itself. If it looks like a legit actual strip club instead of a po dunk crack den, I'll take a shot on it. Just how I roll in regards to my tastes some of you might prefer the latter.

How often do y'all judge a strip club by the outside of it? Has it ever deterred you, ever drew you in? Are your outside instincts usually correspond with what's on the inside? Off the top of my head I can't really think of too many counter examples.

13 comments

• rickdugan
    2 years ago
    I don't judge a strip club by its outside alone. In a lot of cities, they literally force strip clubs to locate in shitty areas. If I chose to avoid clubs based solely on curb appeal, I'd have missed out on a lot of interesting experiences over time.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    I sometimes will judge a place by the parking lot. If the lot is empty, then it might not be worth the visit. If the lot is full in the middle of the afternoon, then something good is going on inside.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    You can't tell anything about the vibe or dancers just from the outside. Its
  • IfIGottaBeDamned
    2 years ago
    I’m perfectly fine with reading the most recent half dozen reviews of a club to determine whether I’d like to visit or not. The main reason I look at Google Street View for a first-time visit to a club is to familiarize myself with its signage, other landmarks, traffic patterns, etc. before I actually drive there. Nav tools are not always accurate.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    For me, and likely most PLs, what counts is mileage; # of dancers and their looks; and costs/ROI – these things don’t necessarily align with how a club looks.

I’m partial to dives so a club’s appearance is usually not a deterrent – only time “appearance” is a deterrent is if safety may appear to be an issue.

Often times a packed parking-lot is a sign of a popular and thus good club; but I’ve learned not to use that as a barometer (or a deterrent in the case of a semi-empty parking-lot) – yeah usually a semi-empty parking-lot is a sign of a club that sucks; but not always at least not in my case since I tend to enjoy dives – so I’ve learned to at least give-it the benefit of the doubt if the parking-lot looks kinda empty, vs just passing on the club altogether (at this stage in my PL-career; often times a club that looks too-packed may be more of a deterrent than one that may look kinda-dead).

Having TUSCL, it’s rare for me these days to just hit a club out-of-the-blue b/c I just happened to run into it – if this happens I’ll likely make a note of it and then research it on TUSCL for a future visit – earlier on in my monger-career I may have been more prone to check out clubs out of the blue; but not as much these days.
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    ===> "If the lot is empty, then it might not be worth the visit."

Shit dude I never let a lightly filled parking lot deter me. A lot of these girls don't have cars, so it just means that the club isn't a sausage factory. I have no problem being one of the only sausages in the club - some would call that ideal conditions. 😉
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Well if we're going to drift on into the parking lot, a near empty parking lot has been a complete waste of time for me 99% of time. So much so that I've pretty much written off daytime clubbing (with some exceptions)
  • aham5
    2 years ago
    If Id have let a shitty building / parking lot / neighborhood deter me..... I would have missed out on many great times.

In retrospect, I don't think I've ever bailed on a club visit just based on the exterior.
  • wallanon
    2 years ago
    There's a club I decided not to go to the other night because of a Google street view. There was a club in Paterson, NJ one of the TUSCLers said was the best place in town for fun (thanks TUSCL). The only time I had to go there was after midnight due to a botched meetup attempt, and when I saw the neighborhood the club was in and where I'd probably need to park I took a pass. It wasn't so much I was scurred as it was I couldn't explain why I was there if something went sideways. Plus that week I'd already gotten into a lot of fun so wasn't really that hungry.
  • RiskA
    2 years ago
    I’m mostly a day timer, so I’m used to empty parking lots & it’s not a deterrent. I’ve usually made an appointment with a regular anyway, so the less witnesses the better LOL.

But I routinely Google Earth when I visit a new club, to check the neighborhood. Esp if it’s a night visit (I live in CA, where carrying a gun is about the only crime worth condemning LOL).
  • mike710
    2 years ago
    The only time I went to club that I paused before I went in was in a small town in Wyoming. First the club was located on the bad side of the tracks in this small town. Second as I was driving by the club to assess the best place to park, I saw a couple of bikers sitting outside smoking by the front door.

I drove back around the block and parked on a side street and ran the gauntlet past the bikers to go in without issue.

Once inside, a sat at the bar in an area that appeared the least crowded. My choice ended up being next to the biker pair's half finished drinks. I ended up interacting with the worse of the pair but it wasn't too big of a deal.
  • Champphilly
    2 years ago
    Judging club by it cover. No way. Once I went to Sin City club by seeing the grandeur from outside, and turned up to huge disappointment. Have many more and now no more
  • docsavage
    2 years ago
    I have found you can't judge a strip club by its outward appearance, and you also can't judge it by its name. The closest club to me used to be called "Harem House". Instead of looking like harem girls the strippers looked awful. The locals soon gave it the nickname "Scare 'Em House".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion