tuscl

TJ-oriented retirement

ilbbaicnl
Keep it in my pants when I do OTC. If I were a stripper it would stand for I like big bucks and I can not lie.
Grateful for suggestions/opinions (preferably based on knowledge). Some options:
o Live in SoCal, maybe AZ, as close to TJ as possible. Somewhere fairly safe, with relatively low housing costs. Renting a studio apartment works for me.
o Live in TJ (probably with just tourist visas) with (a cheap) mailing address in SoCal (maybe AZ) that is considered one's legal US residence. Besides IVA, not pay Mexican taxes or major mordidas.
o Live and have one's legal residence in TJ and not pay any US state income taxes. And not pay Mexican taxes/mordida higher than state taxes.

23 comments

• JimGassagain
    2 years ago
    This takes the prize for overthinking how to pay women to have sex with you. I’m sure there are plenty of hookers in your neighborhood, too.

Bacon!!
  • PutaTester
    2 years ago
    Flaws. If your residence is in CA, you pay taxes on all income, including out of state income. If you receive income from a source in CA, you pay taxes on that income, even if you don’t reside in the state. Technically, you cannot be out of the USA for more than six months.

And I agree with Bacon. I go to TJ monthly and after three days there, I am bored. If I lived any closer than the 90-minute flight I take to SD/TJ, I am unlikely to go any more frequently than I do now. Nor could I afford to go more frequently. Cheaper than the US, but still not free.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    You're better off just returning to Mexico.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Retiring
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @ilbbaicnl

I will play along and comment on your discussion.

Since you say it is for retirement, consider VanLife if you don’t mind driving, also if you like traveling at the spur of the moment and staying in one place as long as you want.

Just Invest in a good roadside assistance plan or other help in case of emergencies.

If you do it right retired VanLife is economical and fun, and will give you the opportunity for as many visits you require to the Happiest Place on Earth (according to Krusty) TJ

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=1401

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Van life can be really expensive. You need a small camper at least to be comfortable. Those are gas guzzlers plus insurance is expensive. It'll run you the cost of a studio in some areas per month.
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    @2Icee

You are correct, if you are not careful it might be as expensive or more than an apartment, but doing it right is the key.

Some of my students “live in” their cars, usually a full size short van or an Astro/Safari or even a small pickup with a camper shell, or a medium size station wagon.

They mainly use their cars to sleep and go to and from work to the university. They use the university campus showers and restrooms and have 24hr gym membership.

Like I said doing right it is economical, efficient and fun. If they have a “date” they get a room at a nice clean hotel.

These students are smart and focused, very disciplined and have never had any problems living the “VanLife” even before it was a hashtag.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Does sound like TJ has gotten really scary. I don't think it will say that way for long though.

SJG
  • CJKent_band
    2 years ago
    TJ is back to “normal” regarding HK, It is SAFE and not a problem if you take the 5 minutes FREE LIMO RIDE to Hong Kong and stay at the CASCADAS HOTEL after you use the PedEast Border crossing.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChxuYZ9jm7I/…

To go visit the girls…

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=11666

https://tuscl.net/photo.php?id=11667

You should try it at leas once in your lifetime.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    At the end of the day; TJ is not the U.S.; and like @Tester said, it’s not as if one is gonna-be/wanna-be in the brothels multiple times per week – the only advantage I see of moving to TJ was if one’s financial-$ituation was such that one could not swing-it living in the U.S. as well as being able to have some fun mongering (and one did not wanna give up the fun of mongering at least on a reasonable basis).

Even if one clubs regularly, most of the time one is not clubbing – thus the question kinda-becomes if one will enjoy living in TJ over the U.S. and enjoy their time there when not clubbing; and that is likely no for most people.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    If the safe parts of TJ are comparably safe to the safe parts of SoCal, that eliminates the main reason to pay $500 to $1500 more a month for housing. If you'll be doing stuff on both sides of the border, the more natural option is to sleep on the cheaper side. I have enough survival Spanish to do routine stuff like shopping. What could I do in SD that I couldn't do in TJ? TJ's baseball team probably couldn't beat the Padres, but they probably play good games with other Mexican teams.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I think often times one only/mainly just looks at the money part of the equation and subconsciously thinks that is the only or main difference – one mainly thinks “hey I’ll saving $X amount of $$$” – but there is more to it than that – it’s a different country and a different culture; it’s not just a cheaper place to live vs choosing to live in a different part of the U.S. – I think many people subconsciously think they’ll have about the same lifestyle just cheaper.

Unless one has been to TJ lots of times (I haven’t) or any other country; hard to really know what it would be like living there full-time; unless one has been there a lot, the main-barometer one has to go by is COL but that is def not the end-all-be-all when it comes to choosing where to live.

Of course; one can make a better decision by visiting TJ multiple times; or maybe even living there for a few weeks or few-months (renting and AirBnB or a some other short-time rental); and then make a decision - hard to really know what it would be like from just reading stuff the web and mainly being lured by the lower COL.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    IF the only choice is TJ or SD, then there may be more of an argument for retiring in TJ - but o/w it's not as clear-cut IMO - especially if flights come-down in price as they were pre-Covid.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    where I live in Arizona I can drive and be crossing the border in seven hours.
    I need to run the numbers and see just how much I spend driving my bad ass Prius back-and-forth.
  • Jascoi
    2 years ago
    at five a gallon… 400 miles (rounded off) $50 one way. my closest major airport is vegas. so i would be spending $12 just to get to the vegas parking lot. and about five hours to get there, check in, the flight and i still got to get to san ysidro from san diego… time wise a wash.
    it’s just easier to drive my bad ass prius.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    True Papi, I've spent a lot of time in Mexico, but in places that are/were less dangerous than TJ. The hardest thing to deal with was my relatives, and they don't live anywhere near TJ. I hate flying, even if I get a good fare.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Learning to deal with the discrepancies between what strippers say and what they do is good training for Mexico.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    If you've spent a lot of time in Mexico and can contemplate living there given what you've experienced then perhaps u can hack-it living in TJ - I've been told there are a good # of Americans that live in TJ since it's steps away from the U.S./SD.
    2 years ago
    There is also consideration for placeclose to but not right in TJ like Rosarita Beach.
  • JAprufrock
    2 years ago
    The thought of retiring in TJ has crossed my mind, but I quickly dismiss it. Like @PutaTester said, how many times a week are you going to monger? It would be ideal to live in SoCal, but cost of living is too high. I don't think the cost of living is that high in Vegas and Phoenix, thought I haven't looked into it. But ideally, I'd retire to one of those places and be close enough to where I could make occasional driving trips to TJ but not so close that I'd want to go every week.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Seems like business travelers will have it the best.

Tax deductible travel which serves multiple purposes. But you could still maintain your main residence in TJ. They say everyone there keeps a mistress, La Casa Chica.

SJG

School of Rock, edgy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQp1RJtC…
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    I've gone through spells of doing 3 OTCs a week. When favs were preggers or had cosmetic surgery planned, so they needed to build up savings. Definitely wasn't too frequent for me, but was a financial strain (had to dip into savings) doing it at US rates. With one fav it's 6 - 7 hours each time, but a lot of it is more hanging out than naughtiness. With other favs it generally about 2 hours of mostly naughtiness. Not than I'm Bill Gates or anything, just that naughty women are the only expensive taste I have. I help out some relatives a bit, but only in a stingy way.
  • MackTruck
    2 years ago
    You can do dis muddy as long as da crazy Joe is not destroying da shitter z
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion