tuscl

Autumn / Fall

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Saturday, August 6, 2022 1:49 PM
I must be getting old - I am really looking forward to fall. I don’t ever recall feeling that way. I’m looking forward to football, days where I don’t have the run the heat or A/C in my car and once fall hits my yard work tasks go way down and the ones I have to do are much more manageable when it’s 60 degrees instead of 90. I also like opening the windows in my house instead of running the AC and getting allergy attacks. I seriously don’t mind the allergy attacks to have the windows open. Back to football I think I’ve turned on my TV twice to watch 2 baseball games since basketball ended in June, and soon I’ll have a football game on 6 nights a week. Yes I watch MAC games on Tuesday nights. Also a factor fall is my busiest time at work, summer is my slowest. For some reason I do better at work when I’m overwhelmed instead of when there’s nothing to do. What do you like about fall (if anything)

27 comments

• Huntsman
    2 years ago
    Hunting season. Better fishing. Fall colors. Pleasant weather.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    Here in AZ, it’s generally most people it’s their favorite time. Weather is perfect for the next 8 months and monsoon rains have everything greened up, and even the dancers are in a better mood since the blue haired retirees come back into town ready to drop their cash on some strippers. The vibe is way more relaxed and the single moms have their kids in school to get away and play. Oh yeah, the NFL football games start at 10 AM, so hitting the club at halftime and watching the second half while getting lap dances is bliss!
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    I guess it depends on where you live. Fall means gray skies. Winter is coming. Snow, cold, ice. Generally depressing. Football is my least favorite sport. Hate the smell of burning leaves (but that’s mostly illegal now). Faded memories of going back to school. Not into cider, doughnuts, Halloween, U-pick apples and hayrides In summary - fall sucks
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Fall is Football season.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    My favorite season has always been Autumn because of Football and Thanksgiving , which has been my favorite holiday.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Fall - You can pick up your golf clubs and walk without melting in the heat; in early fall we're off the first tee at 7:15 to leave plenty of time to get in our action, set fantasy line-ups and start the Sunday football food; in late fall when they are making snow Sunday means up and out at 4:20, first chair at 8; back in the car and on the road by 11 and home in time to catch the second quarter. Hiking without melting in the heat. Standing at the top of Mt. Moosilauke on an October day and marveling at the carpet of red, Orange, Yellow, Purple and Green below. Seeing your breath. The first time you "sniff" and smell snow coming and skiing pushes all other thought onto the rare burner.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Once I get my favorite activities of any season over, I'm ready for the next one. In summer's case, that's the swimming, the beach, BBQs, and associated family fun. I've more than scratched that itch last month. Now I'm ready for brisk weather, New England Basic Bitch date activities, and long football conversations with my dad. This fall is going to be extra kickass, with one of my best female friends getting married. By the time Halloween and Thanksgiving are come and gone, I'll be ready for Christmas. Then the rest of winter is a fucking depressing drag, I'm not a winter sports guy and it's always some level of cold, snowy, and miserable. Not to mention it seems like New England women go into a cocoon and stop dating. So, by the New Year I'm ready for spring, when Bostonians come out of their hibernation holes.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    In the southeast a cold front comes through the middle of Sept knocking the humidity out of the air. This year I'll also be looking foreword to the elections in November.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    Even after so many years, I still seem to associate hot Summer weather with freedom from school. And Fall with re-imprisonment. Late August/Early September have one big plus: the college students come back, and it's still warm enough for booty shorts.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    I'm more of a summer guy.
  • gobstopper007
    2 years ago
    Fall for me. Sitting outside by the fire pit with some cold beer watching football. If there are some ribs smoking on the grill even better.
  • gSteph
    2 years ago
    Favorite used to be summer. Swimming, camping, lots of fresh food from the garden. Now with changing climate I hope to get through summer without any major forest fires / smoke events. And enjoy the cool weather and evenings of fall
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Uts my favorite season. And it has halloween
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    Summer in Western NY is still my favorite. Reasonable temperatures, low humidity, occasional rain and thunderstorms with little chance of tornadoes. Also because, as a kid, I spent most of my time outside, out of the house, or camping.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I enjoy Fall too. I enjoy the break from the hot temperatures of summer. I also know we need more rain here in NJ. It’s been a hot and dry summer. I start to look forward to September at this time each summer. Once we are past Labor Day, things seem to cool a bit, and the nights feel great too. Football is also a reason to look forward to the fall.
  • bang69
    2 years ago
    I’m looking forward to hunting season. And cooler weather so I open the windows.
  • ilbbaicnl
    2 years ago
    I have a friend who's very cold-natured, always wishing it were Summer. But then, he remembers there are only so many months in a lifetime, so best not to be wishing any of them away.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It depends where you are. LA has mild weather most of the year. Vegas summers are too hot and winters cold and the wind is fucked up. Vegas falls and springs are perfect. This summer is different. I guess it's global warming but the sun doesn't feel hot it feels like it's burning
  • Estafador
    2 years ago
    where the hell do you all live? In the midwest? Fall is all fun and games for the fashion. But it's just a precursor to wintry weather. And that just means I have to fly to the south for the winter. And that ain't cheap (or safe...for me)
  • GoVikings
    2 years ago
    Fall is my fav season by far I like the fall because the weather cools down. I dislike hot weather. I also like it because football starts and Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.
  • Estafador
    2 years ago
    @govikings we can tell by your avatar lol
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Vegas cools down in November
  • NJBalla
    2 years ago
    Same here global warming has fucked winters and summers.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Yeah. I remember being able to look at the sun. The sun actually looking round like the moon. 110 degrees was bearable of you were used to the heat. Anything under 105 was okay. Now 100 feels too hot. And the sun burns even in winter. Winters were predictable. Now winter weather is too erratic. Temperatures fluctuate too much throughout the week. Heatwave andectreme winds. It's a lot dryer. We all experience it. I don't see how anyone can be in denial of global warming
  • Jimmybigtits
    2 years ago
    It depends on whether Autumn does extras...
  • Dolfan
    2 years ago
    Fall is nice here because all the spring/summer vacationers are gone and the winter snowbirds aren't back yet. I really wish we could find a way to get their money without actually interacting with them. You think people would go for like a Florida Onlyfans where we put up pictures of the dumb shit people do here, and pretty sunrise/sunset type shit?
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    Downhere in SoFlo is doesn't make much of a difference - downhere we only have to 2 seasons, the hot-season, and the unbearably-hot-season - downhere not much changes except slightly less hot and a bit less rain in "Fall" - but not at all uncommon for it to be 80 degrees in December and be using your A/C all thru the Fall and "Winter" down here. When I lived in Dallas, Fall meant we would then head into Winter which I hated as it would get cold in Dallas and I hate cold-weather - as a kid Fall also meant having to go back to school and no more just playing all day like during Summer. Since we really don't have "seasons" downhere in SoFlo, it's not something I think about much - I guess if I had to choose a fave season it would be Spring as it sorta signifies a sorta start/beginning to be followed by Summer which often means fun-and-games - so for me it would be Spring and Summer although I've always looked more forward to summer b/c there is more to do - the hot summer weather is rough but I personally would never trade it for cold winter weather.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion