tuscl

How toget past the SS

Tuesday, January 1, 2008 11:54 AM
Iv'e been going to strip clubs and now gentlemen clubs for over 20 yrs. and I still can't understand SS. Why do these women insist on it even when you are a regular and will figure it out soon enough. It just makes for an uneasy attmosphere at the club. Any suggestions. Do I just tell a dancer from the beginning that I don't want to hear any SS?

24 comments

• Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Depends on what you mean by "SS." The concept of stripper shit runs the gamut, from "being nice to a potential customer" to "adequate customer service" to "extremely unreasonable promises" to "acting like I'm in love." Where you draw the line makes all the difference, and every customer probably wants that line somewhere else.
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    Yes, the category "stipper shit" is so all encompasing, it would be near impossible for a dancer to get rid of it. Some of us actually enjoy SS and all its variations and most of it is harmless fun anyways. It can often enhance the overall experience. However now and then you can get a combination of a hardcore PL type customer combined with a dancer that is willing to push ethical boundaries. Even in that case to be fair, some customers (often very young ones), seem to think strip clubs are basically dating services, where women just hang around all day in their lingerie of other skimpy outfits waiting to meet men for OTC fun and excitement. Therefore I can understand the limited patience those pink site dancers can sometimes have when for example dealing with a hardcore PL like "HockeyBobby" - who asks questions and re-asks variations of the same questions one might expect from a 12 year old instead of (in his case) a 40 year old Canadian govt bureaucrat
  • bigdawg_1
    17 years ago
    First thanks for the respomses. BG I'm referring to your last example. I'll give you a couple of others. Saying they want to meet OIC when they have no intention of doing such. Saying they are going to a well respected college, yet their grammer and language skills are horrible.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    It sounds like you let it get to you too much. Strippers are always going to pull that shit, so I get past it by just taking it in stride but never taking it seriously. When you laugh it off, they learn not to lay it on you too thick for anything but fun.
  • BobbyI
    17 years ago
    I think the big conclusion from the discussions on this board last year was that SS cannot be avoided. It is in the genes of these girls or a deeply rooted consequence of their upbringings or something... Hence our rule: We do not fight the strippers shit. Rather we embrace it.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Seems to me that there are 2 types of SS - the high hustle and the story telling. The way you get past the first one is to find another girl. But you can't get past the second one because it's a function of their age not their occupation. Think of it as young girl shit rather than stripper shit because it isn't unique to strippers. Many of us enjoy that kind of SS.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Right, Bobby. The answer to stripper shit is PL zen.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    FONDL, I don't quite see the distinction you describe. A lot of story telling SS works in a hustle angle, that you could get in on her madcap action if you play your cards right. It's not unique to strippers, but the sure amp it up beyond anything typical of young girls in general. It's called stripper shit because there's a difference of kind and degree. The closer comparison, I'd say, is customer shit story telling. The fact is, bullshit is always in the air in strip clubs, so think of it, if anything else, as club shit.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Chandler, I admit that I'm prejudiced on this issue because the most stripper shit I've ever gotten was from a young woman who was never a stripper. She should have been though, she had the act down pat. We had a lot of fun before the wheels inevitably came off. A bittersweet memory.
  • harrydave
    17 years ago
    The majority of strippers I have talked to about this admit they lie in various ways. They say they do it to make more money. I think some of them do it because that's the way they are with everybody, and because they forget to take their medication (and I'm not kidding about this; we all know many of the girls have "issues"; some of them are nuts). The way to get past SS is to: 1) go to clubs often, 2) suffer inevitably the disappointments of learning you are being bullshitted, 3) adjust your BS meter accordingly, and 4) laugh it off, it's not about love, it's about lust.
  • bigdawg_1
    17 years ago
    So do I call them out on the SS and say be real or go away. Maybe I answerd my own question.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    To me, SS is a selling technique. You're going to encounter that from a lot of the dancer in clubs, just part of the business. What I don't consider SS is them telling me their life stories and how they are in dire need of money. That's personal stuff, not SS. You will also encounter those type dancers also, and AGAIN, it's part of the business, so get used to expecting and accepting it.
  • SuperDude
    17 years ago
    The lie to us, so lie right back. Tell them you're Donald Trump's accountant and watch them get real friendly. Match stripper shit with customer shit. It's all a game.
  • crizgolfer
    17 years ago
    I guess if I walk onto a car lot I expect the car salesman will try and sell me a car. He will put the best light on his product that he can (he may even fib a bit). I assume a stipper will do the same in a club. Caveat Emptor!
  • driver01
    17 years ago
    I have mastered the art of smiling, nodding my head in agreement and feigning interest without actually hearing a word she says. I learned this technique early in life when getting lectures from my mother. I perfected the technique with the wife. This skill has also allowed me to develop my peripheral vision. I can follow a football game on a TV at 3 o'clock while staring straight ahead at 12 o'clock. No need to worry about stripper shit if although you appear to be listening you don't actually hear them...It also works well in church or at corporate seminars...lol
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Driver01 -- if you'd REALLY learned the technique from your mother, you wouldn't ever have GOTTEN a wife and you wouldn't have had to perfect it. :)
  • driver01
    17 years ago
    Yea, well-- It was a continuing education kind of process...I learned the fundamentals dealing with dear old mom. But not until one acquires a wife can you truly master the craft and fully appreciate it's power and utility...lol
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Hahahaha ... yeah, gotta get me a wife just so's I can practice ignoring people and being emotionally distant, too! :)
  • driver01
    16 years ago
    BookGuy-- I'm not sure you fully grasp the significance of the "Smiling, Nodding, Feigning Interest Principle", hereafter referred to as "The Principle"... The Principle is actually a mechanism to enhance connection in the long term. It is NOT a device which is or should be employed 24/7 with those you love or with strippers with whom you intend to share an interlude. Example-- with the wife, The Principle would be employed in all conversations she begins with the phrase, "My mother called today and she thinks...." or conversations involving her gf's and the latest gossip, you know like- "My friend Sally said that Maggie's sister found a new salad dressing that also works great as a stretch mark cream and... Putting The Principle into practice in these situations allows the wife to express her inner gossip without me uttering the phrases-"Tell your mother to mind her own fucking business" or "your friend Sally has a really nice set of tits."-- either of which would result in immediate emotional distance, to say the least. While I may be ignoring particular conversations I am, in fact, enhancing the emotional connection. I always feel closer to her when I have been away--lol With strippers it is more like this. I may have a particular dancer whose company I enjoy. Oddly enough, it isn't her intellect which attracts me. For some strange reason, I find that her appearance, her sexy manner, her breasts, her ass and her pussy are pleasing to me and those are the qualities I want to spend my 30 minutes or so experiencing. But, as is often the case with the female gender, pedantic conversation ensues. I employ the The Principle for as long as it takes so that she can disclose the latest scoop on the DJ or the doorguy or her ex-bf's new gf's baby daddy- all topics I have 0 interest in. While she's talking about these "important" matters I get to gaze at her lovely figure directly and the game on the TV indirectly all the while maintaining a calm and interested demeanor. Putting The Principle into practice in this situation with a stripper allows her to express her inner stripper shit and me to avoid uttering phrases like "did you actually just use the term 'baby daddy?' WTF?" or "I got a text from your roommate yesterday who asked me to hook up with her this weekend"...either of which would result in not only emotional distance but physical distance as well. The women in my life tend to be talkers. They do it a lot. I think it is important that they be allowed to express themselves. So employing The Principle in these moments allows these women to do what they love, talk and gossip. I, like many straight men, tend to be distracted easily away from conversations involving Mother-in-laws or the latest gossip about haircuts, wrinkle creams and any conversation involving the term "baby daddy". But these topics are important to the woman in my life so by employing The Principle in such moments, it allows them to be expressive and me to appear supportive while maintaining my own sanity. And maintaining one's sanity is a key ingredient to all successful relationships.
  • David9999
    16 years ago
    "Putting The Principle into practice in this situation with a stripper allows her to express her inner stripper shit" an interesting way of looking at it
  • wondergrl5
    16 years ago
    Ok since im still new I think I heard SS the other day was it a consistent piercing whine that made you require another drink? Cause if thats the case I heard that in the girls locker room in high school!
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Thank you for these helpful pointers, Driver-01. :)
  • driver01
    16 years ago
    No- thank YOU BG for allowing me the opportunity to express my inner Tusclshit...:)
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    Maybe the fact that I'm a "talker" rather than a listener is at the root of my troubles with women. I get involved in interesting conversations, and they LOVE it, and they talk to me all night. Then they fuck their boyfriend ...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion