tuscl

Stuffing the Ballot Box

jimhalsted
Ontario
So, I just rated a club a 1. It is probably more of a 4 or 5, but the previous reviewer had reviewed it as a 10 several times in a row, all within the last few weeks. I was not trying to manipulate the score so much as I really wanted to make it clear to other readers that the club is not even close to being a 10.
What do you think? Should I have rated it as a 5 or do you like what I did?
Also, can a single reviewer up a clubs rating by constantly posting for that same club or does the site stop that from happening?

5 comments

• FONDL
    17 years ago
    I think ones and tens both get discounted by a lot of readers - they figure either the guy works for the club or works for a rival. So it may have been more effective for you to give it a 3 or 4. Incidently, I believe founder only counts ratings from each reviewer once (at least within a certain time period) when computing his averages, so the other guy could give it a whole string of tens and it would only get counted once if they were close together in time. I forget exactly how he does it (he's explained it here before) but it's something like that.
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    One reviewer may honestly feel a club is a 10----NO matter it is a shitty dive. Another reviewer may feel a club is a 1.

My 2 cent opinion is that it would have been more helpful if you rated the club any which way you felt. Which you did! :)

That club that you rated a 1, is probably a club that I would have rated a 10 assuming it was very low cost. I'm on a fairly tight budget and what I care about is hot girls at low prices. I'd honestly rate most of these gentlemen's clubs a 1. Just too expensive for me to have any fun at.

• founder
    17 years ago
    The way we calculate ratings, it is difficult to stuff the ballot box. All of one user's ratings are added together and taken as one average score, therefore, if you rate it a 1, and someone else rates it a 10 multiple times, the rating would average to 5.5

((1 (your avg)+10 (his avg) ) / 2 reviewers)

hth
    F
  • driver01
    17 years ago
    Jimhalsted,

Right on brother...No way, No how can Club Harem warrant a 10 rating. Not if it was the last club on earth and one was thirsting for any semblance of the female form. Interesting that this BobbyC reviewer rates this place on par with Ybor Strip which he also rates as a 10. Frankly, a 10 is too generous for Ybor Strip in my opinion but at least I can see how a reviewer might come to that conclusion. But these 2 clubs are so far apart in the level of service & quality and quantity of dancers that I actually laughed out loud when I saw what you did...good one. Wish I'd of thought of it...lol

Looks like Club Harem has themselves a WISHful genie and his name is BobbyC.

• chandler
    17 years ago
    Like FONDL says, I disregard 10 or 1 ratings, not that I pay much notice of any individual ratings. If you want to set readers straight about a club that you feel has been misrepresented, it's best to do it in the description.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion