tuscl

New Years Resolutions

Tuesday, December 25, 2007 9:12 AM
I don't usually make any since I figure if it's good enough to do, I don't need to wait to start. However I did just think of a new one for me. 1. I want to have more fun in the new year. If I'm lucky, maybe I can even get a head start. :)

20 comments

• Professor906090
    17 years ago
    Wise-up
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    My other resolution. Learn how to be a better stock trader and make more money.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    You guys have any?
  • jablake
    17 years ago
    Hi casualguy, I can't remember ever having any. Good luck with your resolution to make more money. :)
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    Lose weight -- I signed up for a 10-K race that happens roughly 13 weeks from now. Gonna finish in (fill-in-the-blank with a time that is reasonable for someone in my shape -- haven't figured that specific out yet).
  • SuperDude
    17 years ago
    Lose weight. Tighten up. Stay out of stripclubs until April 1, 2007. Saves money and clears the head.
  • Philip A. Stein
    17 years ago
    Book Guy, you run that in under an hour and I will buy you three lappers. WRITE IT DOWN!!!
  • Philip A. Stein
    17 years ago
    And I'm gonna burn two day and get another ATF!
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    I don't make resolutions. I do usually list some objectives but that's not quite the same. Here's on thing I've been doing for awhile - on my first visit to the gym each new year (usually on the 2nd) I weigh myself and write it down on my calendar. I'm down about 4 pounds from the beginning of the year, which will be the first year I've lost weight in about 10 years. That requires a little explanation - as I've said here before, 10 or so years ago I went through a major depression - among other things I lost my appetite dropped over 30 pounds, which was more than I needed to lose. And I've been inching up ever since, but I'm still about 10 pounds below my peak weight before my depression. But I'm also a little heavier than I want to be. So if I can lose another 5 pounds this year I'll be just about right. That's one of my objectives.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    Uncle Bones' New Years Resolutions: 1) stay fit - expectations of success 2) stop smoking - expectations of failure 3) club less and spend less - expectations of failure 4) spend less time surfing adult websites - known for failure---LOL 5) start working again (part time) - reasonable success 6) eat healthier - expectations of failure 7) spend less on massages - NO FRIGGING WAY - gotta' have 'em!!!
  • shadowcat
    17 years ago
    Push the envelope with my favorite dancers.
  • Book Guy
    17 years ago
    OK then JayADay I heard ya ... Twelve weeks to go.
  • FONDL
    17 years ago
    Bones, that's cheating. They're only resolutions if you intend to make some effort to do them. As yoda (not our Yoda) said, "There is not try, there is only do and not do." A resolution is something that you'll do. Which is why I don't make any.
  • chandler
    17 years ago
    Get out to strip clubs more often. I only went six times this year, and only three times since February. I can do better.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    FONDL - That's why I used "expectations". I just cheated on the massages and adult websites. LOL BTW, no body paint yet, but getting my second 4-handed massage by Steph and Angela at noon tomorrow. There might be a surprise on this one. I'll keep you personally posted.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    hmmm, maybe I should check into getting a massage sometime. The only ones I've had are the occasional dancer that wants to give me one but usually they want to charge me 5 dollars.
  • casualguy
    17 years ago
    jablake, thanks for the luck. I need that and to learn how to better invest. I think I am learning. Tonight I learned that about 150 million out of about 200 million working households probably are not saving much if anything for their retirement. I am one of the 50 million who is. Not having a plan and hoping something works out seems to be the American way unfortunately. Good luck to everyone who really wants to carry out their resolutions or objectives.
  • ThisOldManPlayed1
    17 years ago
    casualguy - Careful pal. Massages can become just addicting as strip clubs, maybe more so. One guaranteed thing about massages - you definately get one-way hands on action, but not necessarily where you prefer!!! LOL I've been going with to regular therapist, S________ for six months now. No happy ending so far, but am not ruling it out. $50 per hour ($43 + $7 tip) full body massage (almost). Deep-tissue relaxation massage. Muscle knots will disappear with these type massages. Other than than, intimacy has increased slowly.
  • chitownlawyer
    17 years ago
    Return to Tijuana, for an eye-popping selection of those Latinas I love so much. (In a pinch, Houston or Dallas would also do).
  • David9999
    17 years ago
    To pose and actually be a cheapskate ROCK in one of several clubs I don't frequent enough to be recognized by anyone
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion