tuscl

More holidays? What do you think?

TheeOSU
FUCK IT!
Memorial Day isn't the type of holiday for celebrating although some people use it as a day to party and get drunk.

I do admit having a 3 day weekend is nice, for me it's usually 3 straight days off. But IMO another major benefit is the San Jose library is closed so a certain creepy spammer that shits all over the board doesn't have internet access!
As I just now came here I see he's bumping his old threads that basically nobody cares about same as he's done for years and my first thought was we need many more holidays!

So TUSCL, Do you agree? Do we need more holidays? What do you think?

9 comments

• Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    What we need is for the San Jose Public Library system to update its network firewall.

I would prefer more leave time so that I can pick my days off, but I wouldn't say 'no' to more holidays.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    What we really need is for at least the library he uses to permanently close, that would really work well!
  • motorhead
    2 years ago
    Sure, why not? But just one more

Summer holidays are nicely spaced but there’s a pretty long break between January 1 and Memorial Day - especially for those who live in the brutal north.

Easter doesn’t count since it’s on Sunday and many businesses don’t close on Good Friday. And no private businesses that I’m aware of take off for President’s Day or MLK

Maybe something in early mid March. National Stripper’s Day or something like that
  • psycho_trick
    2 years ago
    They can celebrate June 2nd with the whores:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com…
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    Since Christmas is in the only actual religious holiday that is also a federal holiday, I think we ought to have all the other religions' major holidays be observed at the federal level too.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    Ignore. It's a wonderful thing.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    People are either apathetic to holidays or use them as excuses to get wasted. I'd love to see the ones we have be more meaningful
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I'm enjoying every day as if it were a holiday, retirement it's a tough life but someone needs to live it, and why shouldn't it be me .
    🎈
  • NJBalla
    2 years ago
    I was just thinking how ironic it is america that we always turn tragic/religious events into money making machines. Memorial day = Start of Summer, Easter/Christmas --> Bunnies/Gifts. Hell even the world trade center has been turned into a collection of high end shops.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion