Bad soul food

ilbbaicnl
Keep it in my pants when I do OTC. If I were a stripper it would stand for I like big bucks and I can not lie.
My black fav told me that any town with a sizable black neighborhood has a soul food restaurant with JJ in the name, and they always suck. True or false?

8 comments

• shadowcat
    3 years ago
    I'd say false. Atlanta has a sizeable black population and I can't find any soul food restaurants with JJ in the name. Here are 15.

https://atlanta.eater.com/maps/best-soul…
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    Proly all the JJs went out of business.
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    In any case, it doesn't seem like the term "soul food" is used in the Southeast. It's just called Southern cooking, and both black and white people eat it.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    3 years ago
    That's actually true. Jjs is always bad 🤣🤣😭
  • Papi_Chulo
    3 years ago
    When I lived in Dallas I had an AA dancer take me to a soul-food place in the hood in Dallas called "Sweet Georgia Brown" - I loved it - the place was a bit far from where I lived (place was in south Dallas and I lived in a suburb just north of Dallas) - it was about 20-miles away from where I lived so I would go about 2x/month usually on a Sunday afternoon - there would always be a line on Sundays of people coming from church - I was usually the only white-person in the place waiting-in-line to-order (and in the area overall) and I would often get looks as if I had two-heads LOL.

Being Hispanic I often find typical American food bland but this food was def tasty and closer in flavor to the kinda food I grew-up with - and they would serve huge-portions to where I at times ate 3-times from just one portion (I always got it to go).
  • wallanon
    3 years ago
    It sounds like someone shared a joke not a pop quiz. If people don't use the term Soul Food in the Southeast, then where would it get used? Have you considered in 2022 there may be other words more fashionable now for the same cuisine?
  • ilbbaicnl
    3 years ago
    My fav calls it soul food, she's originally from Cali. I suggested she try some barbecue places.
  • jackslash
    3 years ago
    I don't know of any soul food restaurants around Detroit called JJs. All the soul food/BBQ restaurants here are good.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion