tuscl

Robberies... Stay Home Or Move Into The Woods

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Becoming more crazy everyday. Criminals get arrested and then released. I hate not living near a Whole Foods or Traders Joes (kidding but my small town is missing a lot of amenities), but I like that if I accidentally leave my car unlocked, there's a damn good chance all my shit is going to still be in it when I come back to it, where I live. Now when I travel for work, that's a different story!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/17-l-gangs-se…

43 comments

• Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    At least they're getting smart enough to rob the rich instead of preying on their own.the rich have insurance for their ahit and got rich via predatory tactics so 🤷
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    Well now we’ll see if Hollywood can put its money where it’s fucking mouth is. It always somebody else getting killed, never them, now that it their turn to get some let’s see how down with cause they still are.
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    And check these out for what's going on in Seattle.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/12/seattle-la…

https://nypost.com/2022/04/12/seattles-t…

lmfao you never go full woke
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Usually the people who worry the most about crime are those who live in the lowest crime areas.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I wonder if the difficulty of law abiding people to get a permit to carry a firearm is a contributing factor in these driveway robberies, this isn't a new phenomena when I was a young man this used to be a M.O. on Long Island's North Shore, it ended when a few uncooperative targets fought back, I remember a jeweler in Manhasset shooting three armed robbers in his driveway and the pressure on the cops got them to set up a few stake outs and a number of these perpetrators were killed it came to a head during the Christmas season in the late 1970s or early 1980s. I also remember this happening in a few other states.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Teens doing carjacks is up around cleveland, talking about it on tv news and probably moreso social media posts discussing it gives more of them ideas about trying it.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    The current administration is like a holiday for criminals; and also everyone that had wanted to cross the border illegally during Trump but couldn't.

Under the current administration the people that have the most to fear are law-abiding-citizens that dare defend themselves, and those that don't bend the knee to the woke-orthodoxy.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    Having more armed civilians would make this worse, not better.

And the people who worry the most about crime are those who live in places with the lowest crime rates.

SJG
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Thankfully the sapphire-blue city near which I live doesn't fall for woke insanity in the same way that New York, San Francisco, Chicago, and Seattle do. Bostonians are of conservative temperament, as in they prefer their more radical ideals to be implemented elsewhere.

That said I still keep a Mossberg 590 12-gauge 8+1 to defend home and hearth, and would exercise my CCW if it got bad enough.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    More civilians armed, and especially carrying concealed would lead to a huge body count each day, and most of them completely indefensible killings.

SJG
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    2 years ago
    ^ Untrue.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Fortunately, the right to self-defense goes back to the Magna Carta and English Common Law that precedes the Constitution.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Never have a gun on you unless you intend to use it.

Guns aren't crime deterrents. It's what paranoid or trigger happy dumbasses carry and endanger civil society with.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    When the Magna Carta was written we lived in a much less dense and complex society.

Also at that time there were less guns around and the Magna Carta mostly protected nobility.

SJG
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Until your org sends me some commando-trained autistic bodyguards, I'll keep my guns, and you keep your legal theories.

Shall not be infringed.
  • san_jose_guy
    2 years ago
    The places that have more guns have more shooting. Not to pick on anyone place, but that Dallas Parkland hospital sounds like it is a war zone.

SJG
  • sideshow_bob
    2 years ago
    Lots of guns around tends to make people very polite.

Guns are equalizers. No other weapon can overcome a physical mismatch like a gun.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    An armed society is a polite society!
    2 years ago
    And what’s a few dead by accident and several dead innocent bystanders anyhoo if at least a couple bad guys get wasted in the process. Measuring the random shootings and the accidental deaths by guns it’s a tough equation to decide if it’s worth it.

On the other hand, I’ll continue to carry until they work it out. If you are in the same boat just make sure you’re trained in gun safety and tactical use so you don’t blow my head off “by accident”.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    Quick reference to what 623 wrote: I never carry my .357 or .45 concealed (actually, both are too large for the light clothing worn in FL), because I do worry about what may be downrange if I miss or if that big-ass slug goes right through the target. 9mm or .38 polymer-filled
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    fucking random post action. I'm not even aware of clicking the post button.

...polymer-filled JHP only when I carry, which almost all of the fucking time. Think of that guy up north, https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-beaten-by…. Many states have CCW that prohibit concealed-carry in an establishment with a liquor license. The victim successfully fought off the first attacker, and lost when the rest of those pussies jumped him. Had he been carrying, he might have had a chance of avoiding injury. I would rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.

Local politics are a small part of the problem or solution. Very close to where I live, in a nice red part of of a reddish swing state, another group of street bikers attacked a motorist who was trying to get past thei group doing burnouts and donuts in a public intersection https://abc-7.com/news/crime/2021/01/18/…. Anywhere in Florida there are plenty of burglaries, home invasions, and Florida guy meth antics, so I keep the larger firearms for home defense and sport shooting. Even in the reddest of red states, when seconds count, the police are minutes away.

These left-wing cities are reaping what they have sown. There's a lot of schadenfreude when I read about the crime and lawlessness that they have fomented. My only concern is all of the liberal shits who mindlessly vote democrat to assuage their "white guilt" and signal their virtue are fleeing the hellholes which they created, and coming to Florida, Texas, and the few free and sane states left in the union. As they vote democrat because they are too stupid to think for themselves and realize the effect of their leftist policies, I worry they will continue to vote blue here and enact the same idiocy which ruined their previous hometowns. I am so happy for the housing shortage in Florida. Sorry, we're full! Take a number and wait it out in Chicago and NYC. lmfao

• skibum609
    2 years ago
    If a person chooses to live in a blue city or town, they deserve what they asked for. Having said that, being afraid of the Democratic party base seems weak to me and I will not carry a gun just because the Democrats encourage the animals that vote for them to attack people by voiding repercussions. A 9-iron works just as well as a gun, and if you go by the most popular democratic base type of attack, the drive-by, you know the safest place for anyone in that situation is to be the intended victim, not the 7-year-old girl watching t.v. in the house behind you.
  • Dave_Anderson
    2 years ago
    We just had a series of home invasions in my neighborhood last week. Three home invasions. They finally got the guy after a police standoff. He sexually assaulted a woman in her home in one of them. Its not generally been a high crime area.

Now one of the officers in the stand off is being investigated for firing his weapon at the suspect through the window. He probably saved the life of the woman being assaulted. The feds are even investigating the officer not the home invasions.

Its the "new nornal" now in post-America.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    It’s very fucked up in NYC - and NJ - where there are some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. In my view, the “bail reforms” are a failure. Putting violent criminals back on the street is not a good idea.

Sadly, liberals have disarmed law abiding citizens, and they are allowing the criminal scum to roam the streets with their illegal guns.

We have a DA in NYC who thought he could right the social oppression his people have a suffered by not prosecuting many crimes. He had to walk back his comments, but everyone now knows that he’s on the side of the filthy criminal scum.

It’s turning into a daily version of the purge on the streets of NYC!
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    Welcome to Zimbabwe.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    https://www.salon.com/2022/03/16/democra…

Republicans blame Democrats for crime — but new data shows higher murder rates in red states
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Does everything here have to become political, this is getting ridiculous, I keep a handgun in my car and I have passed all of the requirements necessary to carry that firearm, no one asked me for my political affiliation when I applied for the CCP, and I have gotten training in the use of the firearm, how to maintain that firearm and I have taken the classes necessary to understand the applicable laws, if you come to rob or harm me, or anyone I care about, I'm not going to ask for their political views, I will defend myself to the best of my ability.
    If you really want to get political, I live in Florida a ruby red state, in a red county, yet if you call the police for service there is always a long wait, for assistance calls, yet fire rescue and ambulance service is quick with minimal wait yet police are always delayed, yet I drive past a large police substation less than one mile from my home and there are always dozens of uniformed officers sitting in their vehicles or across the street in the diner and in the Dunkin Donuts this is day or night.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    TwentyFive you make a good point. It’s not that the political left or right has failed us, it’s that both political parties are failing the citizens who pay their taxes to support.

I think the politicians must stop pandering to special interests and work together to make it better for the tax paying and law abiding citizens.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Both parties failed the people forced into desperation and crime the most though. The private sector failed us more. Living wages and community development prevent crime more than pigs do
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Icey what do you even consider crimes considering you were telling people to attack landlords, rob businesses and attack corporate headquarters. And its not your or my place to judge cops or any profession. We don’t say all students are mass shooters or that entire classrooms/schools are involved in mass shootings do we? Its no different if a cop, priest, teacher, or anyone else does something wrong
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    Given that the original post links directly to how democrat policies have inherently made democrat-controlled town and cities inherently unsafe, it is certain that this is a political topic.

The Constitution of the United States of America specifically protects the rights of citizens (not fucking illegal aliens and convicted felons) to carry weapons to provide for individual security, common welfare, and national defense. This is a political topic.

It is democrat politicians and their leftist supporters who repeatedly attempt to abridge our right to self-defense and take away our guns. It is Republican politicians and God bless the Republican appointees to the Supreme Court who have repeatedly defended our right to keep and bear arms. This is absolutely a political issue.

Yes our political elite and ruling class have repeatedly failed us on many, many issues. However, the politics of firearm ownership and self-defense are stark. The battle lines are clear. If democrat politicians were to get their ultimate dream, the duty to retreat would extend into your homes, into your very bedrooms and boudoirs. If any type "oppressed" or "marginalized" individual were to enter your homes, you would be obligated to get out of their way, provided you were cisgendered, white, Christian, Jewish, a lawful citizen, or otherwise a member of the male patriarchy. Not sure what they would about violence towards another marginalized or oppressed demographic. Probably just blame it on the white patriarchy and move on.

BTW, and I say this with a nod to my Chicago hometown heritage, if you want to bring a 9-iron to a gunfight, bring the woods, too. Your family will need them for your coffin.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    I live in a very blue state, but in one of maybe 2 Republican towns, so we have great public services; a nationally ranked school system; low taxes; and virtually zero crime. It's like living in a real America of unlocked doors and good neighbors.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Gammanu you're a fucking retard. Tge constitution doesn't bar felons from owning guns. That law was made in 1934.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    Back when I was in business I occasionally would get a call from my security company that there was an alert at my business that set off my burglar alarms, There was always a lag of half an hour or more (mostly more BTW) between an officer being sent to check my premises and the time contact was made by my security company, yet my business was located in a well lit industrial park with hundreds of other businesses in the same area, why at night can't an officer be assigned to patrol an area like this, yet every morning we drive past a school zone, speed limit 20 MPH, here there are always 15-20 officers enforcing the speed zone if god forbid you go 22 MPH they are ready to write a $225. ticket why shouldn't I be entitled to the same protection as a bunch of schoolkids and why is it necessary to devote the kind of manpower to school zones all across Palm Beach County every day during the school year.
    I paid plenty of taxes every year, yet the services I received are barely adequate, same proposition with Fire Rescue and Ambulance Services, how is it that they can figure out how to adequately staff those services, so an emergency call is promptly responded to, yet a crime in progress call is put on hold let these lazy fucking politicians and the patronage jobs they hand out to supervisors and clerks (and in my area they are mostly Republican) get off their ass and do the jobs they've been elected to perform.
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    "Icey what do you even consider crimes considering you were telling people to attack landlords, rob businesses and attack corporate headquarters"

@BTE, on a board full of degenerate johns, Icee is the morally bent one here. Self described pimp. Advocates beating women on his pimping thread. Advocates lying to women and getting them hooked on drugs. Small time thief as well.

Of course he could be lying about everything, because actual street people say no real pimp has all this free time...
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    A pimp is a gentleman of leisure.

Regardless. Social measures that prevent crime do more than paranoid fucks with guns and trigger happy pigs
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Both parties failed the people forced into desperation and crime the most though. The private sector failed us more. Living wages and community development prevent crime more than pigs do
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    ^ Who is on record as advocating beating and addicting women. You're a freak.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    "Here lies SkiBum.
    Killed by liberals he thought were dumb.
    He did not realize his flub
    When he brandished a golf club,
    But no help was his No. 9,
    When ANTIFA & BLM had a Tek-9."
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Again Both parties failed the people forced into desperation and crime the most though. The private sector failed us more. Living wages and community development prevent crime more than pigs do
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ How the fuck did the private sector fail anyone, we don't owe you or any one else, a living, you failed the private sector is more rational, you're too fucking lazy to get off your ass and help yourself.
  • skibum609
    2 years ago
    People become criminals because they grow up with shitty, stupid parents who have children as a means of earning money from the tacpayers.
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    Criminal records are not limited to low-income and other welfare demographics. Ted Kennedy, Bernie Madoff, the Clintons (you know it's true), Hunter Biden, that Affluenza Killer... the difference with those criminals v the burglars and home invaders are the modes and levels of violence. Say what you will, but the Clinton's never killed anyone they didn't mean to.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion