tuscl

Chick-fil-a

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Sunday, April 10, 2022 1:08 AM
I am probably one of the last persons on earth to get a meal from Chick-fil-A But I recently finally had a sandwich when I was traveling out of town. I don’t get the hype. I thought it was pretty dry and tasteless. Most fast food chicken sandwiches aren’t very good but it was oneof the worst

59 comments

• TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    That's interesting, but you're not one of the last, I have never had food from them. One opened up recently a few miles from me and I drive by it a few times a week. They're doing a huge amount of business. It has 2 drive thru lanes and every time I drive by there are always 20 or more cars in each lane so somebody likes them.
  • Warrior15
    2 years ago
    I actually like them. But still do not understand the hype. And I hate to go thru any kind of line. So I stay away from them.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    It's very overrated. I don't like their food. The best fast food chicken sandwiches I've had are from smash burger and I prefer church's chicken. I don't really see anything that sets chick fil a apart from the chicken at Jack in the box or McDonald's
  • Tetradon
    2 years ago
    Overrated. I think some people like the overly friendly service. But I prefer Wendy's spicy chicken any day.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    Stripper hoes love Wendy's chicken
  • rattdog
    2 years ago
    only time i ever went i lucked out as there was only one person ahead on line. bought two orders of chicken nuggets along with several choices of dipping sauces. nuggets were good but the sauces sucked. you're better off with wendy's chicken nuggets. i'll probably go back again as the treats on their menu look pretty good.
  • Studme53
    2 years ago
    I think their Chicken sandwiches and waffle fries are the best. Excellent milk shakes too. Great service. We have one close by with no drive through so we do curbside delivery with their app. The big hype recently was Popeyes chicken sandwich. Idiots were literally killing over them.
  • Mate27
    2 years ago
    Any line you see there moves along quickly, so there’s little wait. Their fries are probably the best in my opinion, and kids like them. Their cow as a brand to eat more chicken is marketing genius, plus their sandwiches are consistently good. Hard to say no when you want something decent in a hurry to get it.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    I like Chik-fil-a but I agree not a fan of their sandwiches. Their nuggets and fries are the best menu items. If you have a Sam’s near you they make nuggets, fries and sandwiches in a red bag in the frozen section that’s supposed to be a very close knock off of Chik-Fil-A. I tried the nuggets and didn’t like them… but then I got an air fryer and OMG they taste really really close with an air fryer. While we are on the subject - here’s where I rate things I go by - considering I frequent too much fast food when on the road. Nuggets - best to worst: 1. Chick-Fil-A 2. Shake Shack (more regional - they are clones of Chik-Fil-A 3. Popeyes (although they’re new to the game) 4. McDonalds 5. Wendy’s 10. Burger King - I swear these are made of starfish not chicken Fries: 1. McDonalds 2. Chick-Fil-A 3. Shake Shack (again regional) 4. Wing stop (regional) 5. Arbys (curly fries) 6. Five Guys 7. Wendy’s 8. Burger King
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    I'm not a chicken fan. So I never go to one. My daughter loves their iced tea and buys it by the gallon to take home.
  • goldmongerATL
    2 years ago
    I used to go to the original Chick-fil-A Dwarf House location with diner style table service. Been hooked on them ever since. But to quote Yogi Berra it is so popular now nobody goes there anymore. All the ones in the Atlanta metro are being torn down and rebuilt to cater primarily to drive through. I went through one in South Carolina early in the pandemic because it was the only fast food option open. It took almost an hour.
  • shadowcat
    2 years ago
    My small town has the only Chick-fil-a Luau. [view link]
  • Muddy
    2 years ago
    I agree they got like two things on the menu and you got a line of cars wrapped around the place twice over. I mean I don't think it's bad I just don't get it. Of the ones shailynn listed Shake Shack is the best but it's kinda pricey. Five guys fries, ask for no salt otherwise RIP
  • Ulrik79
    2 years ago
    I think Chick-fil-A has the best chicken sandwich in the fast food game. The bun is simple, the chicken is moist and flavorful, the tartness of the pickle adds a nice bite. I personally put a little mayo and a little mustard on mine and they are great.
  • PredragDr
    2 years ago
    If you can get Chick-fil-A on a Sunday, you have achieved deity like power. My go-to order is grilled nuggets, kale side, mac 'n cheese and an unsweetened tea. The best sub $20 meal you will find in fast food.
    2 years ago
    Chick-fil-a is open Sundays at the airport if you tally can’t wait and you live in a place with a big enough airport.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I only ate at one Chick a fila once and wasn't impressed, don't get the hype at all, the stores that they are opening, as out-parcels in big box store parking lots have made shopping center parking lots into bottle necks, with their overflow blocking passing traffic, and not posting an employee to help mitigate the traffic flow, tells me that their hypocritical business model is just posturing and phony, because of that, and now I'm hearing that they open at airports on Sundays tells me all I need to know about them.
  • grand1511
    2 years ago
    I thought we were only allowed to talk about Olive Garden on this discussion board!
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I’m not into the hype surrounding chicken sandwiches - from any restaurant. I enjoy the Chik fil a chicken sandwich, and a few of their other menu items. The prices are reasonable and the food appears to be fresh.
  • BuckMcNutter
    2 years ago
    AD of the day ! lol actually I love Chick-fil-A … Waffle fries Rock !
  • bman66
    2 years ago
    I have never had Chick- fil A , I did have the Mc'ds crispy chicken sandwich one time and thought it was Meh, ok. Wendys has some tasty chicken nuggets!
  • CandymanOfProvidence
    2 years ago
    Hooters has the best chicken sandwich for three reasons: taste, size and environment!
  • rickdugan
    2 years ago
    One of the big draws for Chik-fil-A is that they fry their chicken in peanut oil, which is free of trans fats and generally considered a good source of Vitamin E, anti-oxidants and "good" fats.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Popeyes chicken sandwich is the best. Burger kings seems to be exactly like popeyes just rebranded under their company. Chic fil A is alright. Kfc is the worst. Fried chicken in general is dangerous... everyone uses toxic vegetable oils for it, other than maybe buffalo wild wings who use beef tallow. But their chicken sandwich is horrible as well.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    I’ve been vocal of how much I travelled for work in the past (like so many others here). When you’re in an airport, on the road and wind up in some small town at 8pm there’s not a lot of dining options and I’ve eaten at one too many fast food joints over the years. In the last decade Panera and Chipotle have helped break the monotony with somewhat healthy dining options if you chose wisely. Aside from eating a salad with low cal dressing this is the healthiest food option I’ve found you can get through a drive thru that’s actually tasty. Chil-Fil-A 8 count grilled nuggets with Buffalo dipping sauce. Trade in the fries for a fruit cup. The total calories on this entire meal is around 160. When figuring out calories I don’t calorie count fruit or whole vegetables. Most of their sauces are a lot of calories (especially their Chik-Fil-A sauce and the Polynesian) but the Buffalo sauce is less than 10 calories. I douse my chicken with the Buffalo sauce and to me it’s like eating a chicken wing. I once ate this just about 6 days a week for lunch, had a sensible dinner (I rarely eat breakfast) cut out fried food and chocolate in my diet and dropped 15 pounds in 5 weeks. For a snack at night I would have 1 egg and 1 slice of toast or popcorn or some chips and salsa.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I appreciate Shailynn’s insights regarding travel dining options. He’s logged lots of business travel miles. But, I’m unsure if his fruit cup recommendation holds as much weight as our previous fruit cup connoisseur. Lol!
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    For healthy outside options, there are now mezeh and cava in many places. Chipotle uses sunflower oil or rice bran oil for their items, the other two supposedly use olive oil Mcdonalds and burger king use dangerous salts on their food... five guys or shake shack burgers are likely the healthier burger options
  • georgmicrodong
    2 years ago
    Ugh. The only thing on their menu that's worth a shit is the spicy chicken sandwich, and even that pales in comparison to Popeye's. Or even McDonald's. Plus there's the whole supporting the anti-gay agenda, which makes everything they make taste like shit.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Mcdonalds released their own crispy chicken sandwich sometime last year It is better than most, besides maybe bk and popeyes
  • busta_nut
    2 years ago
    @ Shailynn.. FYI Popeyes has had nuggets for over 35 years. so not new to the game
  • DoctorPhil.
    2 years ago
    I have to admit that the Chick-Fil-A sandwich is a guilty pleasure. I seldom eat there because it is really the only thing they sell that I like. The waffle fries are “too much”. McDs fries are much better, though McD’s fries are really the only thing I find edible there and are guilty pleasure. If Chick-Fil-A would do fries similar to McD’s or, even better, sweet potato fries (non-waffle) they would have a combo that is much better. It would still be an occasional guilty pleasure because, let’s face it, fried chicken sandwiches ain’t health food. If I recall correctly Chick-Fil-A has a grilled chicken sandwich and I have a vague memory that I tried it and it was seriously gross. I also find all nuggets gross. Much as I hate agreeing with Dugan on anything because of his general douche aura, he’s right about the peanut oil. Now that I have shared my phil phacts(tm) I shall end with a hearty “you’re welcome”
  • DoctorPhil.
    2 years ago
    And Popeyes has gone seriously downhill. Fried chicken is a guilty pleasure and it’s just not worth it anymore. Another phil phact(tm).
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    DocPhil what do you mean popeyes went downhill? Fried chicken wouldn’t be so bad if it was available using olive oil or beef fat @busta nut, popeyes apparently released nuggets like a couple months back? They were advertising how theyre new and everything...
  • gammanu95
    2 years ago
    The first time I had Chick-fil-A was for lunch at a mall in New Orleans. Utter disappointment. I just chalked it up to New Orleans being full of idiots who didn't know a damn thing and went about my day. Later, had it again in south Florida for breakfast. Complete 180! The Chick-fil-A breakfast biscuits are the sweet nectar of the gods. Even learned to like their lunch menu. But, there is none near where I live now. Nor is there a Popeyes. I'm sure that's all for the best. I have had Popeyes since the pandemic and the great resignation started. Seevice and quality in ALL foodservice has gone downhill. They can't get good employees. They're perpetually understaffed. Product shortages. Labor outages for equipment breakdowns. It's everywhere from Popeyes to Round Robin to Ruth's Chris. And the price hikes! Fuck me. Luckily, I'm a damned good cook, and I have access to markets that sell fresh, organic, free range and wild caught meats.
  • TxVegas
    2 years ago
    Chick fil-a has crazy lines where I live. Those lines move quickly though. The company requires their owners to apprentice before gettinga store and then have it be their main source of income. They don’t want one franhisee to have many stores. This helps the service quality. In my area, its basically the only fast food with good service.
  • shailynn
    2 years ago
    "@ Shailynn.. FYI Popeyes has had nuggets for over 35 years. so not new to the game" Has that always been on the menu? I know they had chicken tenders... Where I live a Popeyes finally opened up around late 2019. They didn't have nuggets until this past summer. They had tenders since they opened.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I had Popeyes today and it was so disgusting. The 13 piece family meal isnupbtob$28.99. The chicken didn't taste like Popeyes. It was sour.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    ^ That sourness was your attitude dripping on the chicken, lulz
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    The popeyes chicken sandwich is better than others.
  • Daddillac
    2 years ago
    @GMD.... quote your actual sources for their anti gay agenda OR stop spewing lies @25.... They are not open on Sundays anywhere. They are in the Mercedes Benz dome in Atlanta but do not open for Falcons games, they certainly are not open in an airport. If you do not like the food, fine... but do not make up and spread lies about them because they don't support your political platform. There are plenty of people that enjoy the food or either there would not be lines aroound the block to eat there.
  • misterorange
    2 years ago
    To me, a chicken sandwich is a chicken sandwich. And McNuggets are the same as tenders or bites or fingers or whatever they're called. The sauce makes the difference. But how about straight up fried chicken? If you're lucky enough to live near me in central NJ, there's a single-location chicken joint called Chicken Delight. [view link] They also do snow crabs, dungeness crabs, crab bisque soup... But the fried chicken is the best I've had outside of Mrs. Langston's kitchen in southern Georgia. That's a lady I used to know, not a company. Her secret must have died with her, because her daughter could never make it as good. As far as the big chains... well I'll go with KFC. But if you're ever traveling the Garden State Parkway, get off exit 135 and try Chicken Delight. Call in your order because they don't have it laying around under a heat lamp. They cook to order.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Daddilac i think cfa in airports and college campuses are open subdays.. those locations don’t accept gift cards either so they work differently
  • Daddillac
    2 years ago
    @BigThirdEye.... I am 99.9999% sure none of them are open on Sundays. I have 14 owner operators as clients. If you can find one that is open I would love to know where it is.
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    misterorange - I haven’t enjoyed Chicken Delight in a long time. I think they had a Montclair location many years ago. They had good chicken. Another local spot is Cluck U - with a variety of levels of hotness - with a Global Thermo Nuclear level of heat. I just checked - they appear to be a franchise with more locations than I expected. I ate some of the little greasy tenders at a Bojangles many years ago, and it inspired a CrazyJoe type of toilet destroying shit! My sphincter is still recovering from that explosion.
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    @misterorange Is Chicken Delight the same as years ago the had numerous restaurants spread out across the Tri-State area, when I was a kid my mom used to order Chicken delight at least once a month, I remember they were pretty good better than KFC and they delivered. All of you guys that eat McDonalds Chicken McNuggets, Google Pink Slime it's an actual ingredient.
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Twentyfive that was a myth and it was Burgeking not mcds. Myth but they do have many artificial questionable ingredients
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Yeah we had a now long gone Chicken Delight in my area back when I was a kid. The chicken was fine, The ribs were fair, their pizza was terrible!
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Google it, only recently have they discontinued the use of pink slime, pink slime isn't an artificial ingredient, it is made by using all of the parts of the animals and it is disgusting. BTW it is not a myth.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    One of their pluses was they were one of the rare restaurants that delivered back then.
  • TheeOSU
    2 years ago
    Ninja'd again, lol
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    If its made using all parts of the animal its healthy just like organ meats are healthy. If yoi google it, only random strange no name websites talk about it. No legit websites not even fake news media websites mention it Beef testicles, liver, kidney, lungs are healthy specially from grass fed cows
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ It’s pretty disgusting You eat what you like, I haven’t eaten at any of the fast food places in years, even the best of them use too much salt, and sugar for my tastes, if you want to be healthy eating right is the key, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure
  • Cashman1234
    2 years ago
    I remember they had a Chicken Delight in Montclair - and there was a huge chicken painted on the wall of the building. I thought, if they live there chicken that much, it must be good!
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    Cashman if you plug it up it should resolve any issues with the sphincter. There are good quality plugs available online. Twentyfive whats your overall diet like currently? Some places are a little better, using kosher salt instead of the iodized salts
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    ^ Eat healthy food, avoid junk food, it really isn't complicated, exercise every day, and everything in moderation, it isn't complicated. there are better choices easily available that you don't need McDonalds or any of those junk food purveyors.
  • Icee Loco (asshole)
    2 years ago
    I stick to as 9rganic of a diet as I can. I have a few guilty pleasures once jn a while. But overall eat clean
  • rickmacrodong
    2 years ago
    You guus drink milk? Twentyfive healthy varies some people think its just los calorie some say its vegan or vegetarian some say carnivore and whatever
  • twentyfive
    2 years ago
    I don't drink milk, and I eat red meat less often than once every two- three months.
  • Papi_Chulo
    2 years ago
    I went by Chick-Fil-A tonight for a late-dinner (didn't have a desire to eat anything in particular so went w/ an ole non-offensive chicken-sandwich) - got there a bit after 9pm (closes at 10pm) and I was the only person dining-in - when I left a bit past 9:15pm I looked over at the drive-thru and there were about 15+ cars on a Tu night past 9pm. Gotta admit - being the only person in the dining-room I kinda had what happened in the NYC-subway running thru my mind - felt a bit uneasy being alone in a restaurant at night (although there were employees there).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion